It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We NEED To Pray For Our Planet - She's LITERALLY Bleeding To Death!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is SERIOUS & quickly becoming a disaster of unprecedented and epic proportions with a very small light at the end of the tunnel. If relief efforts aren't successful in a big hurry, the long term implications are truly staggering.

Just consider for a moment the social/economic impact this is going to have on our society...which will no doubt ripple throughout our worlds nations. And what the hell are we going to do for all the WILDLIFE?
A disaster of this magnitude is no doubt an extinction level event for certain species in our circle of life. What are the spinoffs going to be?

Words escape me at a time like this...

I'm proposing that we ALL take a moment out of our busy lives to meditate & send forth all the positive energies & thoughts that you have within yourself to help bring forward a hasty and effective resolution to this preventable disaster.

Collective conscience has been proven to be an extremely powerful phenomenon and our mother earth needs all the help she can get right now...she's literally bleeding to death. Regardless of your race, color, religion or faith, I say let's set aside any worldly differences and do what we can to help save our planet even if it's just a start.

Read this Article:

Oil is still gushing into the sea at a rate of about 800,000 litres a day, but officials say working with only two leaks makes tackling the spill easier.
A controlled burn of the slick to remove oil from open water is also set to take place on Wednesday.
And a specially-constructed dome is being sent to the site where submarines will guide it to stem the main spill.
Engineers plan to deploy the 100-tonne dome over the site on Thursday, using remote-controlled submarines, officials say.
BP has never deployed such a structure at a depth of 5,000ft (1,500m) and difficulties may occur, it says.
The operation is expected to take more than two days.
Clean-up hopes
Describing the cap, coast guard officer David Mosley told AP news agency: "It doesn't lessen the flow, it just simplifies the number of leak points they have to address."
A burn was last tried on 28 April when thousands of litres of oil were successfully removed.
Favourable weather conditions have now allowed another attempt, officials say.
Concerns for the impact of the burn on wildlife in the area have been dismissed by the body co-ordinating the response to the spill.
"No populated areas are expected to be affected by the controlled burn operations and there are no anticipated impacts to marine mammals and sea turtles," the Deepwater Horizon Incident Joint Information Center was quoted as saying by AFP.
The spill was set off by an explosion that destroyed the Deepwater Horizon oil rig and killed 11 workers off Louisiana last month.
If the operation goes well, the dome could start funnelling the oil into a tanker early next week.
A sheen of oil has already reached the shore in parts of Louisiana but officials say coagulated crude oil is not expected to reach coastal areas until the end of the week, AFP reports.
BP has told members of a US congressional committee that up to 9.5 million litres a day could spill if the leaks worsen, AP notes.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Maybe the earth needs to rise up and wipe out a few billon people to heal herself....just a thought....

cheers

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its the americans let them deal with it, its there fault like so many things on this planet, but usually the uk is with them too destroying something.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Excuse me, if you are going to fly off the handle on hysterics, maybe you should realize who BP is.

removed personal attack

[edit on 5/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Excuse me, if you are going to fly off the handle on hysterics, maybe you should realize who BP is. [snip]

See what i mean about the anglo american empire.

I wonder who owns all these oil companies at the top?

removed personal attack from quote

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This oil disaster doesn't even compare to some of the other oil disasters that have happened in the past. There was one in Kuwait that leaked 520 million gallons of oil. The Exxon Valdez doesn't even make the top 10.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by endisnighe

Excuse me, if you are going to fly off the handle on hysterics, maybe you should realize who BP is. [snip]

See what i mean about the anglo american empire.

I wonder who owns all these oil companies at the top?

Your lack of knowledge is truly staggering. BP is British Petroleum. This is a company that was born in the United Kingdom, not the United States. So before you start finger pointing, do a little research.

Removed personal attack from quote

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Don't forget the first Gulf war either. Sadam set fire to literally hundreds of wells. according to Wiki over 6 million barrels per day. Months of fires cause mega pollution.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I can't watch the news and the fragile coastline of Louisiana be destroyed. In 72 hours they said about 6 hours ago, we should see the oil wash ashore.

I don't know why this is only referred to an an environmental disaster. It is for the fisherman in the region an economic disaster of untold proportions and magnitude.
Forget about the youngest and most vulnerable of marine and bird life that will be wiped out in a matter of days.
I am praying, crying mostly but praying too.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

Did i not say anglo american empire. Isn't anglo a word with meaning, british?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying....however, oil is more like the earth's feces spewing from a ripped intestine than blood.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by BriggsBU

Did i not say anglo american empire. Isn't anglo a word with meaning, british?

andy i have to be on your side lol

i dont think people know of the evils od the anglo american elite
-uk at top, us as military power, australia, canada, new zealand, and all the colonized parts of the world, india, middle east (now), africa,it is the empire of the world, the empire of wealth and true power.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Its the americans let them deal with it, its there fault like so many things on this planet, but usually the uk is with them too destroying something.

This is why I friended you Andy. Your negativity is so endearing I just have this overwhelming compulsion to to give you a huge hug and buy you a beer or several nearly overtime I read one of your posts

I think it is still to early to say if this spill is as doom-like as some have said but I of course am feeling very ashamed by association as I know we are being watched (points up).

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Since we were created from this planet, in a way we are this planet, so to save this planet we have to save ourselves.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

800,000 litres a day

=240,000 gallons per day.

Every year 100 million US gallons of oil spill. This is equal to 100 school gymnasiums.

The biggest spill ever occurred during the 1991 Persian Gulf war when about 240 million gallons spilled from oil terminals and tankers off the coast of Saudi Arabia.

The second biggest spill occurred over a ten-month period (June 1979 - February 1980) when 140 million gallons spilled at the Ixtoc I well blowout in the Gulf of Mexico near Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico

The Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska was approximately 11 million gallons. That spill was only about the 35th largest in the world.

It's got a long way to go before it is as big as many other spills.

To match the biggest spill in history, it would have to keep spewing out 800,000 litres (240,000 gallons) per day for the next 1000 days.

Can they fix it by then?

If not, i'll start getting worried then.

g

A very interesting link below that explains exactly what happens when oil is spilled.

www.absorbentsonline.com...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fernx
Maybe the earth needs to rise up and wipe out a few billon people to heal herself....just a thought....

cheers

Including you and your family?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
To stay on topic I agree we need to pray for our planet, particularly at this time. We should do it everyday so that we make our decisions that day based on what we prayed about. The earth really does respond to us in a quiet but powerful way. If we can't physically do anything about it we can at least pray about it. That should be a moral responsiblity of everyone who believes in prayer ( I didn't say "divine intervention" so take the power of prayer any way you want ).

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well,other than the fact that the liquid flowing in the ocean is a natural resource of the the earth,I am sure the environment will eventually clean itself up.

I would think the "blood" of the earth would be lava coming out of a volcano.

You for some reason can not seem to comprehend that simple fact.

What ever dies or is lost is also part of the natural ecological process.

It will eventually return to a normal state,maybe not in our piddly short time on earth but within a few generations it will.

There have been worse ecological disasters that have had a profound effect on humans that have gone totally unreported.

The three river gorges dam in China comes to mind,at least to me.

All the man made dams as a matter of fact are.

Maybe you have heard of the Aral Sea.

As for oils spills in to the ocean check this list out.

In 1978 on March 16 the Liberian super tanker Amoco Cadiz stranded on Portsall Rocks off the coast of Brittany, France the ship broke in two releasing 230.000 tons of crude oil, which spread through the English Channel.

On July 6, 1988 an explosion occurred on the oil and gas production platform Piper Alpha of Occidental Petroleum Ltd. and Texaco in the North Sea.

In 1989 the American oil tanker Exxon Valdez clashed with the Bligh Reef, causing a major oil leakage.This caused an oil spill of between 41.000 and 132.000 square meters, polluting 1900 km of coastline.

- 1967 Liberian tanker Torrey Canyon spills 120.000 ton oil near Cornwall
- 1968 Witwater tanker spills 14.000 barrels of oil near Panama coast
- 1969 tanker Hamilton trader spills 4.000 barrels of oil in Liverpool Bay, England
- 1970 tanker Arrow spills 77.000 barrels of oil near Nova Scotia, Canada
- 1971 tanker Wafra spills 20.000 barrels of oil near Cape Agulhas, Africa
- 1972 tanker Sea Star catches fire after collision in Gulf of Mexico
- 1974 Dutch tanker Metulla spills 53.000 ton crude oil near South-Chilli
- 1976 Liberian tanker Argo Merchant spilled 29.000 square meters of oil near the Massachusetts coast
- 1976 Spanish tanker Urquillo spills more than 100.000 ton oil near Spain
- 1977 tanker Al Rawdatain spills 7.350 barrels of oil near Genoa, Italy
- 1977 tanker Borug spills 213.692 barrels of oil near the coast of Taiwan
- 1978 Brazilian Marina spills 73.600 barrels of oil near Sao Sebastiao, Brazil
- 1979 Betegeuse spills 14.720 barrels of oil near Bantry Bay, Ireland
- 1979 Ixtoc I exploratory well in Mexico blows out and spills 600.000 tons of oil
- 1984 Alvenus tanker grounds southeast of Cameron, Louisiana and spills 65.000 barrels of oil
- 1985 ARCO Anchorage spills 5.690 barrels of oil near the coast of Washington
- 1986 unknown oil spill reaches the coast of Georgia and is later appointed to the Amazon Vulture tanker
- 1989 Aragon tanker spills 175.000 barrels of oil near Madeira, Portugal
- 1990 tanker American Trader grounds near Huntington Beach, California and spills 9458 barrels of oil
- 1990 Cibro Savannah tanker catches fire and spills 481 square meters of oil
- 1990 Jupiter tanker catches fire in Bay City, Mexico and causes oil spill
- 1990 Mega Borg tanker catches fire and spills 19.000 square meters of oil near Galveston, Texas
- 1991 tanker Bahia Paraiso spills 3.774 barrels of oil near Palmer Station, Antarctica
- 1992 Greek tanker Aegean Sea spills 70.000 ton oil near Galicia
- 1993 Bouchard B155 tanker spills 1.270 square meters of fuel oil after collision with 2 ships
- 1996 Liberian tanker Sea Empress spills 147.000 ton oil near Wales
- 1999 Maltese tanker Erika spills 30.000 ton oil near Brittany
- 2001 tanker Jessica spills 900 ton oil near the Galapagos Isles
- 2002 Bahamese Prestige spills oil near Galicia

www.lenntech.com...

Some how good old Mother Earth just shrugs it off.

It is humans that get bent out of shape over it.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by fernx

cheers

Including you and your family?

I know, I know, if I said no not my family! what a hipocrite I would be...lol

But if I said sure...well that would be just a lie or I have flipped over the edge....ummm not yet

My insides have been turning since this event has happened and when I think about how we rape this wonderful world of ours everyday I wonder how much it can take. I am not saying that I am not guilty of this, I try to be responsible but I still have to drive to work everyday...oil, oil, oil...

IMO I think the human population of earth has grown much to fast in the last 100 years for our own good and her good. In the wild every so many years there are population explosions, then large die offs...this is natures way of keeping things in check. This is something we as humans have taken out of the equation, with vaccinations, medical breakthroughs, massive farming and everything else....Are we like the Borg in Star Trek????

like I said, just a thought, my thought....

cheers

top topics

join