It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somalis hijack Russian tanker, warship dispatched

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by Wolftotem
The pirates are really ballsy to mess with Mother Russia. And like Mother Nature, Mother Russia doesn't usually put up with a lot of crap like the US does. It should be interesting to see how this unfolds. I hope the crew remains safe as well as the Russian military.

You kidding me? The SEALS took out the pirates that were on the Mirsk Alabama, didn't they?

I'm not arguing the fact that the US takes care of the initial problem. But why is the gov'ment just giving the Somali pirates, small slaps? We invaded Iraq over terrorism. What the pirates are doing is the same thing. Why are we letting them continue to get away with it?

Hopefully, Russia will get to the root of the problem. But they may do just the same as the US and take care of the incident and let the real problem continue to fester.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The Russians and Indians are most appreciated by mariners. The French are also up there now.

When my ship was chased by pirates (Oct 2008) in the southern red sea, it wasn't a British or American warship that rendezvoused with us, but a Russian warship.

My ship at that time: elbe.el.ohost.de...

The Russians also call in searches with MIG's and blow them out the water once the description and position of a suspicious vessel have been confirmed to be a pirate vessel. The Indians take the same approach too.

This was the Russian ship that was out there at the time. She's beast.
www.stratpost.com...

The American and British Navy's seem to put criminals human rights before mariners human rights. I find it ridiculous that my government and the US government thinks their navy's can engaged pirates with this method.
Yes the US Seals killed the pirates but the US Navy also watched the pirates board the Alabama when they could have been gunned down on sight, before being able to board her.

They should free our boys up so they can gun them down like Russia and Indian.

Some shipping companies now hire mercenaries to jump on their ships at the Suez Canal or join via speed craft from Yemen when passing through the Gulf of Aden and Red Sea.

Much cheaper to hire guns than to lose an oil tanker topped with with crude oil, right?

Edit: My spelling just gets better and a picture of my ship at that time

[edit on 11232009 by RWM88]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by northexpedition

I'm not selling my country short. I love being an American (see my posts @ www.abovetopsecret.com...). But our leadership right now is treating the pirates as an "individual" threat - dealing with just the incidents as they happen. The pirates are obviously organized, better than some of the the "terrorists" that have attacked our country. We have invaded countries for less than this. Why are the Somali pirates not being dealt with in a more aggressive manner?

I will say this: Unlike other organizations the pirates don't just target Americans, so maybe the international community as a whole needs to "wake up" and protect all their citizens.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
We should help the Russians.

End of Story.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The Russians should have killed every single Pirate. These parasites need to be stopped. And scare the crap out of others thinking of being a pirate.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
The Russians should have killed every single Pirate. These parasites need to be stopped. And scare the crap out of others thinking of being a pirate.

Or perhaps we could address why piracy has increased in Somalia? Being pillaged, raped and coasts used as a dumping ground for starters..Still doesn't excuse what they are doing, but this knee jerk chest thumping nonsense is just sad.
Glad the Russians managed to remedy the situation though.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Originally posted by Pharyax

Or perhaps we could address why piracy has increased in Somalia? Being pillaged, raped and coasts used as a dumping ground for starters..Still doesn't excuse what they are doing, but this knee jerk chest thumping nonsense is just sad.
Glad the Russians managed to remedy the situation though.

So the rebels raping their own kind and cutting each others hands off is related to the other countries how?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm apparently blind, story deleted.

Spetznaz should be awarded for their actions and an example to other countries in how to handle pirates.

[edit on 6/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join