It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack of the clones: Mexican drug smugglers using counterfeit border patrol vehicles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Article

This includes them now using cloned versions of border patrol cars to slip under the radar of border enforcement. It’s apparent that the story is relevant to all border states like California as they deal with problems similar in size and scope.

The news report also says that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) sent a warning to border enforcement officials to be wary of cloned vehicles as they can potentially mistake the them as legitimate border patrol agents.

The Examiner report about drug traffickers comes at a particularly interesting timing considering a new effort by DHS. According to the official Department of Homeland Security’s blog (April 15), Mexican drug trafficking organizations represent the “greatest organized crime threat to the United States today.”

This article is actually about a month old, but still caught my eye.

Apparently, drug smugglers are now using replica-border patrol cars. They seem to be coming up with some interesting ways to fool us. Whats the next thing they are going to do? Dress up as border patrol agents? This is a pretty serious hazard to our country.

With Obama proposing cutting border security in 2011, Thread what are we supposed to do? I mean I just cant think of any good reason Obama would even think of this, (other than illegal immigrant votes and money). But with the new ways drug smugglers are operating, what do we do? Our resources are already pretty thin.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
[SARCASM]

Oh no, are we sure that these devices are clones? Could it be that our law enforcement is working with the cartels to smuggling stuff in, just like those CIA clone single engine planes that people used to link CIA with smuggling drugs.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not to bad of an idea, but all it takes for a border patrol person to check, is to call in and ask if anybody else is supposed to be in the area. It's a good idea, but I can't see it working to well.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
illegal immigrant votes and money

Really? I'm shocked at the things people will blame Obama for...
If he tries to increase spending and regulations people cry: "We dont want big Guv'ment interfering in our lives!"
And when he cuts Governments spending for overinflated projects with poor results (i.e. our current border security programs) people cry "Obama doesn't care about Americans because he wont spend and regulate more!"

Make up your mind.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech

Originally posted by buni11687
illegal immigrant votes and money

Really? I'm shocked at the things people will blame Obama for...
If he tries to increase spending and regulations people cry: "We dont want big Guv'ment interfering in our lives!"
And when he cuts Governments spending for overinflated projects with poor results (i.e. our current border security programs) people cry "Obama doesn't care about Americans because he wont spend and regulate more!"

Make up your mind.

The OVERINFLATED programs with POOR RESULTS Obama needs to CUT are his own SALARY, the CONGRESS's SALARY, ICE's SALARY....

Border Security should always be strengthened. Think of BORDER SECURITY as your own skin, If your body decided to not fund the skin cells, the Illegal Aliens will cause have on the communities underneath all of that protective layer which has now become ever so porous.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by USAFJetTech

I don't see the conflict. They believe in small government, not a complete lack of one. They believe the federal government does have a role, which is to provide for the defense of its people against external threats. Border security would seem to fall into that category.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

To elaborate on your analogy... Its not the skin, its the immune system (i.e. the whole immigration controll system) that fights off infections, not the skin, and your immune system needs to be constantly fluid and adaptive to react to new threats. And no matter how much purell you smear on yourself you'll still get sick lying in a pile of feces, and the only real solution is to focus your time and energy on cleaning up the pile of Sh** that is the current social and economic climate in mexico and cities on both sides of the border.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I understand that, but the tone of the thread is that just because he is trimming away the fat on an inefficient govt program and realigning the funds to attempt to deal with the issue in a new way people claim that he is throwing the the doors of our country wide open to mexican immigrants.

I spent three years living in a border town in texas, and have seen first hand both the effects of the drug cartels on a community AND the innefficent manner in which border controll deals with these threats. We can post as many border patrolmen all along the border and it wont do a damn bit of good if nothing improves on the mexican side of the border. You cannot just close the country off from our neighbors in the hopes of applying a tourniquette to the drug problem.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech
reply to post by prionace glauca

To elaborate on your analogy... Its not the skin, its the immune system (i.e. the whole immigration controll system) that fights off infections, not the skin, and your immune system needs to be constantly fluid and adaptive to react to new threats. And no matter how much purell you smear on yourself you'll still get sick lying in a pile of feces, and the only real solution is to focus your time and energy on cleaning up the pile of Sh** that is the current social and economic climate in mexico and cities on both sides of the border.

Skin is the first barrier and foremost barrier in preventing illnesses and infections. Individuals who are immunocompromised i.e, cancer patients, HIV, Agammaglobunemias, Cystic Fibrosis, Adenosine Deaminase Defficiency, Di-George Syndrom, Leukemia, Lymphoma, etc etc all have the skin to thank for preventing infections that would have made it through. Though some intrinsic infections do occur that bypass the skin through the respiratory tracts, STD's, Puncture Wounds and etc etc. My analogy still stands.

Yes soulution is cleaning up the s.hi.t which Arizona and bunch of other states are promising to do. The other s.hi.t that needs to be cleaned out is in Washington, that is something voters like me are going to do this November.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Skin is the first barrier and foremost barrier in preventing illnesses and infections. Individuals who are immunocompromised i.e, cancer patients, HIV, Agammaglobunemias, Cystic Fibrosis, Adenosine Deaminase Defficiency, Di-George Syndrom, Leukemia, Lymphoma, etc etc all have the skin to thank for preventing infections that would have made it through. Though some intrinsic infections do occur that bypass the skin through the respiratory tracts, STD's, Puncture Wounds and etc etc. My analogy still stands.

Touche

November does promise to be interesting, regardless of where you stand

new topics

top topics

join