It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Locks Themselves In House Fighting Foreclosure - 3 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Article

STONY RIDGE, Ohio (WUPW) - Keith Sadler, five others, and a handful of activists with the Toledo Foreclosure Defense League continued their fight Monday against foreclosure in the Wood County town of Stony Ridge.

The TFDL is waiting on Sadler's porch and in the trees on Fremont Pike, waiting for police to come and tell them to get out, but that hasn't happened yet.

"We're willing to stay as long as possible," Sadler said through a hole in the wall of his home. "Obviously they will jump a couple of hurdles. We're not leaving until our demands are met, or they drag us out."

Sadler and the activists know what they are doing is illegal but don't care. Wood County Sheriff Mark Wasylyshyn said his deputies plan to come to the house, but it's just a matter of when.

I was just skimming thru channels on my tv and saw a little episode about this. There's not too much on the net about this yet.

From what I saw on the tv and what I read on the net, it looks like this guy and a group of people locked themselves in his house for almost 4 days now. The guy had medical problems awhile ago and tried to get loans and everything to pay, but he got denied and now his house is being foreclosed.

The police have so far done nothing, other than say they will come to his house, but not sure when. Hopefully nothing bad happens when they come.

I thought this was interesting when I saw it and decided to put this up on here. I didnt even know there was an anti-foreclosure group out there either, and they locked themselves inside with the homeowner!

new topics

join