It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: Barack Obama Is “Kenyan”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

It seems my very simple post went above your head...

If you're Russian, but born in America, then yes you are American. And I mean that as in you're an American citizen. You do realize that unless you're Native American then you're not 100% American? Nearly everyone in the USA is German, or Russian, or Spanish, or English, etc. They are still citizens because they were BORN here.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

i was born in russia. im just saying. using the logic you use. born in america, his wife call him kenyan, might as well call me american even though i was born in russia, right?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

My point is that it's a completely invalid argument to use someone's own diction against them when you don't know exactly what they were thinking.

You can't assume that because she called him Kenyan means that she meant he was born in Kenya. As I stated, I have friends who call "Russian" even though I was born in America.

I see what you're saying, I'm just trying to make the point that this isn't good evidence as to President Obama being born in Kenya.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
How about calling a spade a f spade people

I understand what you meant but a remark like that would get me fired where I work. (Ohio Civil Rights Commission)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

but when there are more than one person calling him kenyan? what do you call that? multiple coincidential telepathical mistake?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Who is this Barack Obama guy?

Our President is Barry Soetoro.

His wife refers to him as a Kenyan.

The answer can't be that she is stupid.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I could probably work with you.

I am dumb enough to call a spade a shovel.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

“What it reminded me of was our trip to Africa, two years ago, and the level of excitement that we felt in that country – the hope that people saw just in the sheer presence of somebody like Barack Obama – a Kenyan, a black man, a man of great statesmanship who they believe could change the fate of the world.”

That's what Michelle Obama said.

Obviously the focus was on that he was of Kenyan dissent; she was trying to exemplify the point that a Kenyan (ancestry), a black man, can potentially be in such a powerful position in the United States--because that is a pretty amazing event in the course of US history.

In my opinion, she was highlighting the fact that a non-white man with third world ancestral origins is on the road to presidency. Not that he is from (born in) Kenya.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ProUSA]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA

Obviously the focus was on that he was of Kenyan dissent; she was trying to exemplify the point that a Kenyan (ancestry), a black man, can potentially be in such a powerful position in the United States--because that is a pretty amazing event in the course of US history.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ProUSA]
The word in parenthesis, ancestry, would that be the part that she didn't say that you wish that she did?

I could put words in her mouth too.
Like this.... (born)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm not putting words in her mouth, my friend. I'm simply trying to explain what she could have meant, because in the context that claim could be completely legitimate.

The fact that "birthers" are using this as evidence of President Obama being born in Kenya in just silly. Since when is hearsay legitimate evidence? Who's to say what Michelle actually meant? Who are you to say that she meant he was born in Kenya, and who am I to say she meant he was of Kenyan ancestry? How do you know this wasn't just a screw-up on her part?

Point is, if you want to try to prove Obama is a Kenyan get some real damn evidence. Not this subjective crap.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why is this so hard for people?
I am a naturalized US citizen. I am of Japanese ancestry but I was born in Singapore. So if someone says "Lilitu is Japanese", That is the truth. How is that a problem? I also have friends who are 2nd & 3rd generation Americans who are of Japanese ancestry. Is it somehow inaccurate to call them "Japanese" too?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

I understand well enough what you were doing. I was just saying that we don't know what she meant, we would have to actually be her to know the truth about how she meant what she said.

I am not a birther. Even if I wanted to get info about our presidents place of birth, I don't believe that I could.

I just think he, like 99% of politicians, is extremely shady.

I don't like the direction that any of our last presidents through LBJ have taken us, so I am not going to bat for them or kiss their butts.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Well... She definitely called him a Kenyan there. Not sure it can be taken as absolute proof that he is from Kenya, but she did say he's Kenyan.

When your wife calls you a Kenyan, its actually proof, spouses testimony is admissable in court. This pretty much finishes the speculation, its just a matter of if they have a real will to remove him. And he's not doing his own program here either, there is something behind the scenes, the hidden unelected ruler group, so theres far more issues than him alone here.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

They can't remove him.
He could smoke crack on the White House lawn in full view of the public, with Marion Barry's hookers and they wouldn't remove him.
They would not have the stomach for the riots that would follow if they did remove him from office.

Not Kidding.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So, if Michelle goes to court and for whatever ungodly reason says that President Obama is a Kenyan national--it's all over?

Looks like you've got a real strong case there

My main point is that "birthers" have no legitimate proof that President Obama was born in Kenya. The only proof they have is stupid testimonies which are subject to interpretation, and they love to use the "absence of proof that he was born in America" even though there is no absence in anything.

Birthers need to get some substantial proof. Until then, they're just going to keep getting 'shushed' by everyone like little children.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That's just not true.

President Johnson and President Clinton were both "impeached."

None of which were removed, but if more serious offenses were committed you can bet they would have been.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

Do you remember Rodney King?
Obama could do whatever he likes, the Senate would never vote to remove him from office.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well, in my opinion, I disagree. I think that there is plenty of things President Obama could do to be removed from office. But that's beside the point of this thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

Marion Barry was caught by the FBI in a sting operation smoking crack with prostitutes in a motel room. He was subsequently re-elected as Mayor of Washington, DC.
The removal of office of President Obama would create riots that would make the Rodney King riots look like a children's birthday party( without a pinata).

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Spouses aren't required to testify against each other in some places though (varies by state obviously), and she wasn't speaking under oath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join