It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five permanent UN Security Council members support Mideast nuclear arms ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Five permanent UN Security Council members support Mideast nuclear arms ban

www.haaretz.co m

The United States, Russia, Britain, France and China on Wednesday voiced support for making the Middle East a nuclear-arms-free zone, which would mean Israel would have to scrap any atomic bombs in its possession.

Israel, which is widely believed to have nuclear weapons, is the only country in the Middle East not to have signed the treaty and, along with India and Pakistan, one of only three countries worldwide outside the agreement. Iran, though a signatory, is accused by the West of flouti
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

"This conference represents a pivotal turning point in the history of the treaty, and an opportunity that may be the last and that must be seized," Egyptian UN Ambassador Maged A. Abdelaziz told delegates Wednesday.

Egypt is saying that, Egypt.. a recipient of the Oslo bribe.

I need to think more before I give my final opinion on this, and discussion would be apreciated.

Although I like it, I think everyone in ME should have no nukes, at the same time who are these superpowers that make up the security council telling developing countries how to behave and what they can have and not have?

The U.N security council is made up of the biggest arms dealers on the face of the planet and their main purpose to exist is peace and security... go figure!

www.haaretz.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
A couple things come to mind here

1 is that Israel, I don't believe will give up
their nukes.

2 is that if by chance they do give up
their nukes, see #1 above

Having 5 countries support this treaty
and ENFORCING it are 2 different things.
See #1

new topics

join