It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you feel when you found out about the coverup?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was about 14 years old when i found out about the coverup, it all started when i came across this snippet from a website about aliens on the moon.

According to a former NASA employee Otto Binder, unnamed radio hams with their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed NASA's broadcasting outlets picked up the following exchange: NASA: What's there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11... Apollo: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!

My jaw literally dropped!
I read on.

In 1979, Maurice Chatelain, former chief of NASA Communications Systems confirmed that Armstrong had indeed reported seeing two UFOs on the rim of a crater. "The encounter was common knowledge in NASA," he revealed, "but nobody has talked about it until now."

www.ufocasebook.com...

It was like all my childhood dreams exploded into reality!!

I got reading onto Dulce Base, and this is where i got angry, the reports of Humans being held prisoner for "Evil" alien agendas, seriously though how many people a year mysteriously vanish forever, for no reason?

So now im 18, its been a rough time felling like i know things the majority of the population dont, and even if i did try to tell them they would think im a nutter.
I even experienced a mild mental breakdown due to the stress.

And here i am, its what drew me to ATS, with like minded people i can chat with!!

How did you feel, and how do you feel now..?

(THIS THREAD IS INTENDED FOR BELEIVERS ONLY)

MOD EDIT: All members are allowed to post on any topic, on ATS as long as it is within the ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I felt upset and annoyed, ever since I was very young I have been interested in aliens and U.F.O's and to think that information was withheld from me was infuriating. However, to be honest, now I feel like that gives me more oomph to learn, the fact that people are trying to hide it, means that there are big things going on and that gives me a reason to search everywhere for everything I can find. To be honest, those who hate that these things have been hidden are both right and naive. Right because the people have the right to know, naive because if people knew about half the stuff that's hidden people would go nuts. I used to think that reasoning was foolish because the individual people I have met are smart and calm. However, one day I heard an expression that made sense "A person is smart and calm, people are dumb and crazy".

The Protector

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How did you feel, and how do you feel now..?

I felt upset and in awe. I mean, how do we keep track of sightings/visits with the air of government secrecy screaming ignorant of or uninterested in the commoners plight?

We wouldn't just let Russia or Korea fly around our air space without more information-but ufos (!) meh! Come and go as they please it seems.

Now I merely feel complacent. Finding out or believing that the government 'knows' to an extent leaves me feeling that at least on my end there is nothing more to reveal or be concerned with. Gov knows it all.

Blah. Just feelings.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This whole incident really confused me. I'm still not sure if we even went to the moon. So armstrong reporting ufo's on the moon, makes me wonder if this was all just a big part of putting these things in our head so when the day disclosure comes, then their talk about what happened on the moon. Which would continue there cover up of the moon landing. But on the other hand, If apollo 11 went to the moon, just under different circumstances. I'm just shocked that people at nasa agree that this did happen, but it's not worth a discussion. Considering US citizen payed for nasa's little field trip, but they can't tell us anything about certain things that happen up there. Really angers me.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well i don't know.
For me it is not a question of who is the liar the conspiracy theorist or NASA but more of who is the bigger liar. I have not seen any anomalies on the moon or mars now that we have high quality digital pictures.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well I don't feel anything because I think it's a bunch of hogwash. I put this up there on the BS meter with the hollow moon/hollow earth, nibiru, the government is in cahoots with aliens theories.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just felt somewhat betrayed. Now years later, I have just gotten used to thinking that the government will never really be upfront with us on the topic. (I'm just talking about ufo cover-up in general.)

What really cemented my belief was when my late grandmother (a very down to earth, matter of fact woman) told me about a sighting she had with my uncle. He is ex-military and she wasn't one to exagerate at all.

The other thing is when Velma (now also passed on), who I worked with for years told me about her sighting. This completely honest (too much so at times
) woman told me about seeing a large glowing craft outside her house. It was hovering above the Missouri river just yards away.

Both Velma and my grandmother were just so matter of fact about the existance of ufo's that it erased the last remaining doubts in my mind.
They were both in their eighties by the time they died and had seen a lot of things in their lives. But they truly believed that ufo's were real and visiting us and were both sure these crafts were not of this planet.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
According to a former NASA employee Otto Binder...

And according to the Apollo astronauts, it never happened. Nor is there any sort of corroborating evidence.

I got reading onto Dulce Base, and this is where i got angry...

The Dulce Base does not exist. Stories about the base began with disinformation fed to Paul Bennewitz by Richard Doty and William Moore. There were no Dulce Base stories before Paul Bennewitz; every single tale about Dulce has been a lie based on lies. See: Project Beta by Greg Bishop.

I even experienced a mild mental breakdown due to the stress.

Then maybe it is time to leave the subject for a while.

And here i am, its what drew me to ATS, with like minded people i can chat with!!

If this subject is disturbing you to the point of mental-breakdown, perhaps it is not like-minded people you need to talk to. Perhaps you need people who aren't going to just confirm your beliefs, but give you a different perspective.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ever since I realized we were being lied to I have been angry. That has been a very long time.

Anyone who thinks we never went to the Moon is delusional. Probably the biggest mistake NASA made regarding that was that they built practice areas in the desert with moon lander mock-ups and I am sure that is how the stupid rumor got started. I lived through that era and was glued to it the whole time. NO WAY those guys never went to the Moon.

Now I am REALLY angry, I am almost 63 years old and while some things are slowly leaking out, it is not enough and not fast enough. We are polluting the planet with stupid fossil fuels when those creeps are sitting on technology that could end the need for it and provide energy so everyone on the planet could have a better life. Stuff we paid for and it is being hidden in the interest of "National Security"...NOT... its being hidden in the interest of the colossal greed of a few slimes that are power hungry control freaks.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Im sorry, but you can not dictate who can and can not post on any thread here on ATS. ATS is a community for discussion amongst all.

All are welcomed to post on this thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I cant see how someone who doesnt believe a coverup give there feelings on how they felt after they found out? Explain.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

I cant see how someone who doesnt believe a coverup give there feelings on how they felt after they found out? Explain.

I stated it clearly. Members can not dictate who can and who can not post on a thread. Period. Any further comments or questions, use the ATS Complaint / Suggestion form. This thread is not the place to debate it.

Thank you for understanding and your cooperation.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Well i don't know.
For me it is not a question of who is the liar the conspiracy theorist or NASA but more of who is the bigger liar. I have not seen any anomalies on the moon or mars now that we have high quality digital pictures.

Have I missed the high quality images of the moon? I thought NASA were unable to take them with hubble? I have only ever seen old B&W images.
I have however seen stunning high res images of mars which has bewildered me when the moon is right next to us!

As for how I felt, for me it hasn't been an over night thing to create such a reaction, but over the last few years it has been a constant barrage of info leaving me really not knowing how I feel about any of it, It's just too hard to know what is true as one website/documentary will convince you of one thing and the next will make you think it was false!
It all just makes my head hurt sometimes...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Are you looking for the truth or are you only looking to have your beliefs confirmed?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I'm sorry, I know this isn't the place to debate this, but its pretty clear what he said as well.

If you don't believe in a cover up, how can you explain how you felt after you found out it occurred? If you don't believe, you don't believe it occurred and ergo cannot explain how you felt after you found out. Honestly I understand the mod's point of not limiting who can and can not comment, but the fact is that he said it was intended for believers only because they were the only people which could explain how they felt after they found out about a cover up because they believe it occurred.. lol

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

And your point is...?

Haydn's critical-thinking centers have not yet fully developed. This is not an insult, few of us do at his age. Because of this, he has trouble distinguishing what may or may not have validity among supposedly "true" stories he has read on the internet. By his own admission this has caused him considerable mental strain.

Considering this, what is best? Should we just confirm his beliefs, even when those beliefs have fallacious grounding or should we help him look at these subjects critically?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

My young friend, for most of us it has a depressive effect followed by anger and resentment but that only served to feed the desire to find more information; then I had my first sighting (with witnesses) of a very large, silent, unknown craft at close range that seemed to defy all the laws of physics with its maneverability and acceleration; this was in the 70's, long before Star Wars, cell phones,pc's, and video cameras.
i have had several more sightings since then, and they serve to encourage my personal belief that, indeed, the rabbit hole is very deep.

As for all those that choose to stay buzy nay-saying every thing, that just says to me that those poor souls haven't been lucky enough to experience it for themselves, and unfortunately, until they do have a personal happening, there is little point in debate.

seeker

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why not simply stay on topic and answer the question instead of having a therapy session?

The OP asked a question, not for therapy.

seeker.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Im not asking for my beliefs to be confirmed, i already believe, i asked only beleivers to post to avoid the situation we have now, arguments. There are plenty of things in UFOlogy i dont believe, GFL, channelers, aliens on Venus. Im quite capable of making my own judgments.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

great post seeker and i couldn't agree with you more, the only way to know the truth is to see it for yourself.

reply to post by Haydn_17

when i realized there was a coverup i was of course shocked and sad. i felt that way because i knew then the government wasn't what i thought it was and i wasn't happy about having to second guess everything put out by the main stream media and main stream science.

as seeker said in his post it really takes seeing the real deal with your own eyes to get a good idea how bad the cover up is. i can honestly tell you there is something flying around the sky's of this planet and it isn't anything made by man. is it from another planet ? i don't know but based on what i saw i can't rule it out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join