It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chariots of the Gods - influential

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
JC,

The point of the thread was how it influenced people. Even in saying that you now disagree with his writings, but that it started your interest in the field IS MY POINT!!!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
...the cargo people (explanation for gods) was the best of daniken, imo... it was simple and obvious, which is also why lots people hate him...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
JC, The point of the thread was how it influenced people. Even in saying that you now disagree with his writings, but that it started your interest in the field IS MY POINT!!!

Certainly...that is the point.

But speaking as one who has been there it is important to add that the story doesn't end with Von Daeniken...and that is not necessarily apparent to a lot of folks posting in this thread. I'll be the first to assert that the fun is on the fringes...I have walked sites with intuitive (psychic) archeaologists, and tried to talk water witches into trying their skills on hidden graves. I am looking into an Ontario site that is said to pre-date the Ice Age. But I don't deny science in the process.

Kudos for an interesting thread. I have already starred and flagged it. I'm merely trying to point folks over towards the next level.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sorry, Johnny, if I disturbed you. I certainly had no intention to do so. Especially since you have given some information that is very informative, and evidence of your obvious training in these fields.

One of the beauties of these sites, as well as basic science research is that you never know where it will lead you when it starts. Thatnks for your information to make this thread more completel!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
Sorry, Johnny, if I disturbed you. I certainly had no intention to do so. Especially since you have given some information that is very informative, and evidence of your obvious training in these fields.

No problem...my training is limited, but I've been blessed with some interesting opportunities...and yes, a good deal of that was sparked by "Chariots of the Gods"

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I had never heard of the Nasca lines before that book. I have still never heard a good explanation without the involvement of flight, from whatever etiology. Those look intentionally made to be seen from above. Had anyone else ever written extensively about this before this book?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

They were described in 1547 by the Spanish, but the first scientific study was much later in the 1920s. Julio Tello and Toribio Mejia Xesspe discovered the Paracas before becoming interested in the Lines. Their research drew the attention of Paul Kosok who spent 20 years studying the history of the Nazcans. C-14 placed the lines as being approximately 500AD.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Huge impact.

Mom bought it for me at around 10 years old.

Thanks Mom.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join