It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoyer: Dems More Successful at Fighting Terror Than GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hoyer: Dems More Successful at Fighting Terror Than GOP

thehill.com

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) on Tuesday said the Obama administration has been more successful in combating terrorism than its predecessor.

“We're tough on terrorists. That’s our policy. That’s our performance. And, in fact, we've been more successful,” Hoyer said at his weekly press availability.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Dems actually think they are doing a better a job at handling terrorism than the administrations that came before it.

Lets see:

- Christmas Day attacker failed and was mirandized, though he wasn't a U.S citizen.

- Nazi Azazi, NYC subway would be bomber was ready to carry out his operation but got spooked.

- This current NYC time square bomber failed because he was sleeping in his bomb making classes.

The current administration wears the failed attacks which could've succeded albeit technichal failiures as a badge of honor. This same administration who is trying to free the guntanomo detainees really thinks they are doing a stellar job.

Now in another posted thread, Obama is thinking of reducing budget for defense of our Nation's Borders. The real enemy of the states live in the White House and in the Congress (That includes some Republicans and a majority of the Democrats). Time for the conservatives to take back our country.

I think hoyer needs to lay off the wacky tabbacky or someone is slipping this old fart hallucinogens in his cup o'joe.

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If a Pakistani-born, naturalized citizen who, like you said, "sleeping in his bomb-making classes", can pack a SUV with containers full of gasoline and propane, drive to Times Square, leave the vehicle on foot and there's plenty of time for a properly working explosive to detonate, there is something wrong with the mentality of this guy (Hoyer).

On top of everything, it took a street vendor to alert the police. There was an arrest made 53 hours after the incident of course. This was done because of the FBI and other law enforcement agencies, and btw, congratulations to their efforts, and not because the Democrats are in power.

I reminds me of a guy I worked with years ago. He was training this young guy, who was just a year out of high school and wanting to learn machine shop procedures. The young guy was not a "dummy" by any means, but when he made a mistake, he was "stupid" and incapable of learning. Mind you that the guy training him didn't take any responsibilty in the mistake. Weeks later, the trainer "killed" a machined part worth several thousand dollars and all he could say that "we all make mistakes."

Why is it that to some people it's "we all make mistakes" when they make mistakes and everyone else is "stupid and incapable of learning anything" if someone else makes mistakes?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think this article should more say "hey, we're just as good, if not better, as the Republicans when it comes to suspending civil liberties, the constitution, and the other rights abuses". I think that would have made a better headline.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
I think this article should more say "hey, we're just as good, if not better, as the Republicans when it comes to suspending civil liberties, the constitution, and the other rights abuses". I think that would have made a better headline.

What civil liberties are you referring to? The patriot act that was passed whent the Majority of Congress was Democrat controlled?

or

Would you be referring to the new Immigration bill proposed by the Dems that allows for the use of a National ID system?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Patriot Act is a complete abuse of the Constitution. The Democrats have renewed the Patriot Act and it passed almost unanimously. Let's not forget about the Obama/Dem Congress/FISA debacle as well. I would be referring to everything this government, both Republican and Democrat, has been proposing. National ID cards, cameras in NYC....to me it's ALL DISGUSTING.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
And in regards to Conservatives taking back Congress, yes I'd be happy if it were actually Conservatives who took back power in Congress and not RINOs and corporate bought Republicans. I'm not going to forget the last 8 years of constitutional abuses and ridiculous budget expansions under the Bush Administration and the Republican controlled Congress of that time.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ofcourse both party systems are infected with the "Too Old to Leave" mentality. These insects of the swamp need to be sprayed with some Amercian voices of change. Our votes this November should take out the individuals who have become accustomed to being lavished by lobbyists. There are real individuals like you and me that can go in there and do a better job by actually following the CONSTITUTION like it was designed to.

new topics

top topics

join