It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED! Oilgeddon Gushing 60,000 barrels a day!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Wow I can’t believe I’m reading that some here think that what is leaking isn’t that much? Is this the twilight zone, are these the people who said go back to your rooms while the Titanic sank?
I’m no tree hugger but 1 quart will pollute 250,000 gallons of water. Most of the oil the last few days has been “treated” so it stays under the surface which hides the actual amount. Along with all the chemicals….
Imagine this, who is their right mind will eat a fish, shrimp, oyster, from the gulf and later this month Florida and the east coast? But I guess if you would eat anything from there it really isn’t a problem for you, even though not a smart idea.
So go below on the Titanic if you want, it was just a small iceberg on the surface…..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

[despite this thread title being entirely misleading and a flat out lie - there's only 5,000 barrels per day based on the article the OP cited]...

I think people are saying it's not so much oil because some people are making this out to be the worst oil disaster in world history and that the world's oceans are going to die from it.

In reality this spill would need to keep leaking at the same amount of leakage every day for over 2 years to be as bad as the 1991 Persian Gulf spill. Of course it's awful and will affect a lot of sealife and USA's southern coast but IT'S NOT as bad as some people are making it out to be.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i think its a bit funny that we sit here bickering about whos analogy is the best and weather this is a really big oil spill or a really really big oil spill. fact of the matter is this thing is gushing oil into the ocean and is killing ALL KINDS of different creatures. not to mention all the lost fishing job, and the shorelines that are going to get it in the butt.

how about insted of doing stupid math problems about how much oil is spilling per second or per minute or per hour or whatever we use our brains to actually come up with some useful information, like what the f**k is in that dispersant that they are injecting into the ocean, currently the don't want to say what is in it, claiming it is a trade secret, which is BS. Or finding out why all these "fail safe" methods were not fail safe; the makers of those items (blowout preventors is waht im thinking of) arnt talking either

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread. But, I really would like to see if I can get some answers. So, I hope it is ok for me to post here as well:

Now, here are a couple questions that I already know the answers to, but, I have my reasons for asking them:

1. Why aren't we just burning the oil spillage?

2. And, why hasn't the gusher been corked by explosive means?

Anybody? Anybody?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The reason why Obama wants this to spread is so big oil will be over regulated , this is Obamas katrina , And this is worse case , When this hits the Coast of Fla and up the east coast we will be in panic mode ,

Let the oil flow and let Obama take the hit that my solution

top topics

<< 1   >>

join