It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Ridicules Dan Aykroyd For Believing in Aliens and UFO's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, clearly people here do not care to discuss the topic of Aliens & Ufos and have an agenda to just drop on the thread and bash a news station.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com\'s tradition of supporting the examination of the \"extraterrestrial phenomenon\" on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals.

Seriously. Stop, please. This is getting ridiculous.

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It isn't a news show, never has been, and was never supposed to be. It's a comedy/parody/satire show. Feel free to find it unfunny, but don't call it a news show.

Lighten up. It's a goof.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

Originally posted by draknoir2

Ugh, I hate fox news...Racist ass news channel

Where'd you hear that... MSNBC?

IT IS RACIST AND NO I DONT WATCH MSNBC

IM BLACK SO I KNOW THAT DAMN NEWS CHANNEL IS RACIST

So being black means that its a stamp of legitimacy?

I am Indian, living with 3 roomates who are Black, Hispanic, & an Bulgarian. We are all pursuing Post Grad in different fields and all of us watch fox....

link   
reply to post by chris_stibrany

Excellent catch, there....

So the fact that they make fun of someone for speaking their mind and totally and unsurprisingly miss the fact that Akroyd didn't say there are such and such number of alien species, but rather it was an English government official, is very illustrative.

It was a sort of "shoot the messenger" tactic, in their ridicule.

I think Mr. Akroyd deserves better.....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by draknoir2

Ugh, I hate fox news...Racist ass news channel

Where'd you hear that... MSNBC?

IT IS RACIST AND NO I DONT WATCH MSNBC

IM BLACK SO I KNOW THAT DAMN NEWS CHANNEL IS RACIST

So being black means that its a stamp of legitimacy?

I am Indian, living with 3 roomates who are Black, Hispanic, & an Bulgarian. We are all pursuing Post Grad in different fields and all of us watch fox....

The word "racist" has a new meaning. Generally it NOW means "anything or anyone that a minority disagrees with".

Thanks to people like "sam_inc" the word has no meaning or value anymore.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
While I subscribe to precious little that Dan Aykroyd says, I wouldn't change a single belief of his... and I certainly think he deserves more respect than that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't care what none of you say, FOX NEWS IS RACIST, POINT BLANK

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Gentle attempt to steer this to the actual topic....

...expanding on that comment, about racism....

Let's say, for sake of argument, that there DOES, someday, become irrefutable proof of ET life.

They will, of course, be of another "race", correct? (Oh, and 'race' is not the proper term, anyway...."species" is more correct.)

HOW will, we Humans of the species 'homo sapiens sapiens' react to the knowledge, and certainty, of OTHER sapient species, NOT of this planet?

Will our inherent "biases" be exhibited, in much the same way we currently 'pigeon-hole' member of our own 'species' (merely because they have visual appearances and 'traits' that differ)??

WE ('Humans') have a LONG way to go, I am afraid.....

[edit on 5 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris_stibrany
what a bunch of vacuous arrogant idiots.
i used to watch FOX for a month or two to try and get a feel for what the average joe may believe or enjoy and after a few weeks of attempting to educate myself to the uneducated I gave up because I was starting to feel ill. Mentally and spiritually and physically.

Ok this is off topic but bear with me.

Have you seen the show Boondocks based on the comic strip?
This is exactly the plot of one episode except he's studying the effect of watching too much BET.

He ends up feeling mentally and physically ill too.

Edit: Greeneyedleo, just noticed your posts.. sorry.
*sneaks out the back door*

[edit on 5-5-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
According to the OP there are no less than 23 new races to consider.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

NO, according to the OP's post, as has been pointed out, Mr. Akroyd was repeating from other sources the possiblity of 23 other....ermm 'species', not "races".

I applaud his efforts, for facing the ridicule. Somebody has to have the guts.....

Not that I think everything he repeats is factual, just applauding his courage.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
thanks everyone for the reply's

as i already stated in the Op , this show is just a commentary program but it is being broadcasted on the Fox network and in my opinion they should have brought into the mix a alternative viewpoint to what these people are saying about Aykroyd and what he said on the Larry King show.

the bottom line for me and the point of this thread is to show the MSM does and will continue to ridicule the subject of UFO's

i need to add that this is not about racism so please stop bringing that up, it's off topic. the subject of this thread is about Aykroyd and his comments and how the MSM portrays the subject of UFO's.

what !........thread moved to BTS

[edit on 5-5-2010 by easynow]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
However he makes some cool looking vodka

Crystal head vodka

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

LOL....well, since we're in 'BTS', a very good point, raised initially by the OP, now loses some of its "oomph".

Oh well....welcome to "ATS 2010"!!

Anything goes, (mostly) in BTS. So, thanks for the trip down memory lane (although, it's a fairly short trip, I guess...looks llike a pretty recent advert, there...)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not saying it's an irrelevant topic, but to suggest there's something nefarious going on about a satire show satirizing something seems a bit pointless, doesn't it? If you want to build a case for the MSM ridiculing something for some agenda, I wouldn't use Red Eye, the Daily Show, Saturday Night Live, or The Onion as evidence. It's sort of what they do.

You can't applaud these shows for parodying whatever you think deserves ridicule and then turn around and be all offended when they tackle a personal fave.

Well, you can, but it's a little silly. Aykroyd would likely be the last one to take offense. He might be grateful for the attention. Even here, it got him a link to his vodka.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

"his" vodka?

I see, more, that he was (possibly) intriqued by the shape of the bottle, and the last "Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie tie-in....I mean, ready-made with the "alien" connection, and all....

Mr. Akroyd's other comments seem to reveal a heck of a lot more, as well, about his interests in many things, whether "alien", or "occult".

Just observation....(whether he is just reading the script, for the vodka advert? Could be....but he seems to be animated about the topics....)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
"his" vodka?

Yep. his vodka.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

There have been many times the hosts on the Fox morning news shows put on aluminum foil hats when discussing UFOs. The show shown here may be "satirical", but it is just plain mean spirited.

Since Mr Aykroyd has plenty of money from his movies (Ghostbusters 3 has just been greenlit by Sony) and owns a high end wine and spirits business, I don't think he would care about this one way or another.

BTW, Mr Aykroyd has been interested in the paranormal way before he started in SNL.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I'm not saying it's an irrelevant topic, but to suggest there's something nefarious going on about a satire show satirizing something seems a bit pointless, doesn't it?

it's not "pointless" since Fox has the largest viewing audience and what ever they broadcast is seen by millions of people no matter if the show is just an opinion based discussion.

If you want to build a case for the MSM ridiculing something for some agenda, I wouldn't use Red Eye, the Daily Show, Saturday Night Live, or The Onion as evidence. It's sort of what they do.

i totally disagree and just because the red eye show is a commentary show doesn't minimize the message the are sending out to the general public.

You can't applaud these shows for parodying whatever you think deserves ridicule and then turn around and be all offended when they tackle a personal fave.

Aykroyd isn't one of my personal favorites, it is the subject of ufo's and how all the networks seem to have an agenda, is what i have a problem with.

Well, you can, but it's a little silly. Aykroyd would likely be the last one to take offense. He might be grateful for the attention. Even here, it got him a link to his vodka.

it's only "silly" in your opinion and i would be willing to bet most people would disagree with your viewpoint. you might be correct about Dan being grateful for the attention and that as expected would be part of the discussion.

moving this thread to BTS in the Tv forum was IMO not the right thing to do but hey this isn't my sandbox so whatever. most of the people who already replied in this thread won't go to BTS so why should i even try to reply back to them ? i guess this thread is now a waste so i will look for something better to post

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
FOX News ridicules anything that isn't Right Wing Republican.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join