It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP estimates worst-case spill of 60,000 barrels a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

BP estimates worst-case spill of 60,000 barrels a day

www.marketwatch.com

BP officials told members of Congress in a closed-door meeting that the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico could be spewing as much as 60,000 barrels of crude a day, well over an earlier estimate of 5,000 barrels a day, according to reports on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: BAN Instructions: Copy The EXACT Headline

[edit on 5/5/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I've been pounding the table for 2 weeks that this volcano of oil is beyond the pale. Has been incredibly frustrating to watch The MSM downplay the event. I know they need to lessen the blow, b/c this is a HUGE blow, but the AP & Reuters only report off the factsheet they are given by the government and all the MSM gets their headlines from these two outlets.

Well, now we know.

I live in FLA and am preparing for the worst, and praying for a sliver lining...

Peace

Z.

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: BAN Instructions: Copy The EXACT Headline

[edit on 5/5/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wait when the prices of oil soars and the blame is put on the crisis in the Mexican oil spill. . .

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, I think it might be time to nuke the well and seal it. Sure, it's harsh but really what options do we have left? Oil will not stop gushing from the earth until we seal that hole.

Unfortunately in this case the end will have to justify the means. At least it would be a productive use of a warhead.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Dear lord...

I don't even know what to say about this. This is truly an ecological disaster of massive proportions. This, in my opinion, is the test of our time. Pushing the limits of human technology, and the limits of the ecosystems ability to recover.

God help us. We could certainly use it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
As much as I hate to say it, I think it might be time to nuke the well and seal it. Sure, it's harsh but really what options do we have left? Oil will not stop gushing from the earth until we seal that hole.

Unfortunately in this case the end will have to justify the means. At least it would be a productive use of a warhead.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DaMod]
I thought there was a plan to lower some cones over the leaks. From what I remember, it is supposed to occur sometime this week. I don't think its time to start using nukes which could just make the situation 10 times worse. Lets see if the original plan works first.

So this is basically bigger than Exxon Valdez now, right? It was 260,000 barrels. Thats a little over 4 days of oil gushing from Horizon. I dont want to see this get any worse.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hello there. Please contribute to the original thread on this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join