It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A contract between the Conservative Party and you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wanted to bring this to the attention of those that are still undecided. I was having a discussion in one of the threads here about how important it was to vote for the policies not the person, and someone said you shouldn't believe the manifestos.

This following contract is what you absolutely CAN count on if you vote conservative tomorrow.

Link loading slowly... lots of people hitting the Conservative site

A contract between the Conservative Party and you

We go into the general election on 6 May with trust in politics and politicians at an all-time low. And I can understand why: the years of broken promises, the expenses scandal, the feeling that politicians have become too remote from the people – they’ve all taken their toll.

That’s why I’m making this contract with you.

For too long, you’ve been lied to by politicians saying they can sort out all your problems. But it doesn’t work like that. Real change is not just about what the government does. Real change only comes when we understand that we are all in this together; that we all have a responsibility to help make our country better. This contract sets out my side of the bargain: the things I want to do to change Britain. But it also makes clear that I cannot do it on my own. We will only get our economy moving, mend our broken society and reform our rotten political system if we all get involved, take responsibility, and work together.

If you elect a Conservative government on 6 May, we will:

1. Give you the right to sack your MP, so you don’t have to wait for an election to get rid of politicians who are guilty of misconduct.

2. Cut the number of MPs by ten per cent, and cut the subsidies and perks for politicians.

3. Cut ministers’ pay by five per cent, and freeze it for five years.

4. Give local communities the power to take charge of the local planning system and vote on excessive council tax rises.

5. Make government transparent, publishing every item of government spending over £25,000, all government contracts, and all local council spending over £500.

1. Cut wasteful government spending so we can stop Labour’s jobs tax, which would kill the recovery.

2. Act now on the national debt, so we can keep mortgage rates lower for longer.

3. Reduce emissions and build a greener economy, with thousands of new jobs in green industries and advanced manufacturing.

4. Get Britain working by giving unemployed people support to get work, creating 400,000 new apprenticeships and training places over two years, and cutting benefits for those who refuse work.

5. Control immigration, reducing it to the levels of the 1990s – meaning tens of thousands a year, instead of the hundreds of thousands a year under Labour.

1. Increase spending on health every year, while cutting waste in the NHS, so that more goes to nurses and doctors on the frontline, and make sure you get access to the cancer drugs you need.

2. Support families, by giving married couples and civil partners a tax break, giving more people the right to request flexible working and helping young families with extra Sure Start health visitors.

3. Raise standards in schools, by giving teachers the power to restore discipline and by giving parents, charities and voluntary groups the power to start new smaller schools.

4. Increase the basic state pension, by relinking it to earnings, and protect the winter fuel allowance, free TV licences, free bus travel and other key benefits for older people.

5. Fight back against crime, cut paperwork to get police officers on the street, and make sure criminals serve the sentence given to them in court.

6. Create National Citizen Service for every 16 year old, to help bring the country together.

I will certainly be voting Conservative tomorrow, I hope that you agree with the points above and can vote for them!!!

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Conservatives in America had a similar contract during the Clinton years when they had a majority in congress.

"Contract with America".. en.wikipedia.org...

It really failed miserably, and it sounds as though the Brits are using "recycled rhetoric" from this whole shenanigan.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Recycled is definitely the word, two of the three main parties over here have used the word "Change" in their election mottoes, remind you of anyone?

Roy.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
A question on this "contract". Who is the other party? Not political, I mean party on the contract. I do not see the second party. I see the word you a lot there. Also they use the people as in "supposedly" the constituents or the citizenry.

Ooooh, not being a lawyer or barrister in your neck of the woods, take a LOOK at this LITTLE SNIPPET!

Or should I say, legal out.

So this is our contract with you. I want you to read it and – if we win the election – use it to hold us to account. If we don’t deliver our side of the bargain, vote us out in five years’ time.

Sorry, the CONTRACT is not legally binding.

I am a fiscal conservative and Libertarian Constitutionalist.
Would send a request for a true contract if these were my political talking heads and show the TOTAL bull# that this CONTRACT IS.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

6. Create National Citizen Service for every 16 year old, to help bring the country together.

sounds like the beginning of slave labor to me.....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26

So the glass is half empty for you then??

Work experience is essential for people at this young age, it gives them a sense of what its like to work, the self respect and self worth that it breeds.

Hopefully it would enable more people to go out and work, rather than sit on the dole...

Korg.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

So the glass is half empty for you then??

Work experience is essential for people at this young age, it gives them a sense of what its like to work, the self respect and self worth that it breeds.

Hopefully it would enable more people to go out and work, rather than sit on the dole...

Korg.

I dont think the Jews that survived nazi concentration camps put that on their CV's...

And quite frankley, i dont think you anything about the people that sign on the dole, Nor do i think you have an incling of what its like to work a low paid dead end job.

Typical tory.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I dont think the Jews that survived nazi concentration camps put that on their CV's...

And quite frankley, i dont think you anything about the people that sign on the dole, Nor do i think you have an incling of what its like to work a low paid dead end job.

Typical tory.

I started my career on a YTS scheme...

It's true I have only been unemployed for less time than 6 months my entire working life of 18 years... I have been a shareholder of a dot com at in the boom and I am now a successful Account Manager with a large IT company.

I have worked hard to get where I am today and when I was made redundant last year I didn't sit on the dole feeling sorry for myself, I got off my backside and went and found work.

It's labour who have made it ohh so difficult for people like me to make any serious headway due to massive tax hikes that have been squandered by handing it to those that do little to help themselves.

Now that we have a conservative government I fully expect to reap what I sow...

Its those that want the nanny state, those that want to sit around and do so little for themselves or contribute to the greater good that will suffer under the conservatives.

Think carefully are you one of those people??

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You noticed that too.

Cameron plans a whole 'new' slave class.

There are currently approximately 600,000 available jobs in the UK.

There are nearly 4 million unemployed.

There are 950,000 unemployed under the age of 25.

Tories are planning to cut public sector jobs, adding to the millions total.

The recession will add even more unemployed to the total.

The Tories 'pledge' to cut welfare spending by 75%. Completely Privatising the welfare sector.

The private welfare sector will ONLY GET PAID for people they 'get off welfare' and into *jobs*.

But you see the big problem is there aren't anywhere near enough jobs, so what do you think the Tories will do to cut welfare spending, bring in the private sector on a results commission basis, and make the unemployment figure drop as if by 'magic'?

There is more to this but to go on would go off topic in this thread.

But if you want a hint of this first wave of the slave class planned by the Tories just look back at Thatcher's 'under 26 rule' for a few pointers.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Durant]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What a loaqd of crap. Contract? As if... these people are POLITICIANS. Politicians will do or say ANYTHING in order to get what they want. They don't give a rats ass about you and I. They never have. And the Conservatives are NO different than any other party. If you think they are then you have got to take the Koolaide Fire Hose out of your mouth and think. This is not the first time these chiuckleheads have been around the track.

There is only ONE contract between any of these clowns and us, The People. That is to uphold and defend the Constitution. They have abrogated that responsibility for decades. ALL of them. Face it, it's THEM against US. The sooner people can get that simpole, unavoidable truth through their pointy little heads the sooner we'll be able to get this country back on track.

/rant

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508Face it, it's THEM against US. The sooner people can get that simpole, unavoidable truth through their pointy little heads the sooner we'll be able to get this country back on track.

But what EXACTLY do you suggest people do to get things 'back on track'?

And what do you mean by 'back on track'?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am not ignoring Korg Trinity's posts. I will post every time he does to remind him of such, until he stops reminding me on posts I make that he is ignoring me.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Typical tory.

I started my career on a YTS scheme...

It's true I have only been unemployed for less time than 6 months my entire working life of 18 years... I have been a shareholder of a dot com at in the boom and I am now a successful Account Manager with a large IT company.

I have worked hard to get where I am today and when I was made redundant last year I didn't sit on the dole feeling sorry for myself, I got off my backside and went and found work.

It's labour who have made it ohh so difficult for people like me to make any serious headway due to massive tax hikes that have been squandered by handing it to those that do little to help themselves.

Now that we have a conservative government I fully expect to reap what I sow...

Its those that want the nanny state, those that want to sit around and do so little for themselves or contribute to the greater good that will suffer under the conservatives.

Think carefully are you one of those people??

Peace Out,

Korg.

I'm happy that you made something of life, cant knock you for that. However i cant help but feel like you got lucky? Think about it, Should you have failed, you could have ended up in the same situation as someone working on the minimum wage.
Majority of people on the dole dont feel sorry for themselves, its a mixture of anger and resentment of a system that has screwed people over since birth.

"Now that we have a conservative government I fully expect to reap what I sow..."
And while individuals like you gain, the majority lose out. If one things certain about a conservative government it is that wealth is redistributed, ensuring the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Not to mention told to get on their bikes when jobs are minimal.

Please find it in your heart to excuse those who do not want to work for minimum wage all their lives, only to have NOTHING to show for it at the end. There is no benefit in working low paid jobs.
It kills me everyday to turn up for work knowing that if i did this full time, all i am doing is helping the owner of a company make money. And while i work, he's living the easy life. But he deserves it right?
Because i was born on the bottom of the pile, because my education wasent excellent, because i dont have the disapline to change myself in order to recieve promotion, I should be doomed to have nothing?

Dont you just love Fair society.

new topics

top topics

join