It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama proposes cutting border security in 2011 federal budget

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There really needs to be a wall up . I mean this is starting to get a little unfair to the laws that the majority of the people are respecting. If Illegals want to join a free nation they need to repsect the law and come to the nation with a evdience that there legal. I mean is it that hard to understand ? If people come here legal then they can do whatever they want free for ever . Legal is the key here...Americans can not break laws . so I think anyone who comes to the united states illegal should never be given the right to come here . then lets see how many people come here Illegal.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Instead, funds will go toward Border Enforcement Security Task Forces in non-border cities. These cities include Honolulu Hawaii; San Francisco, California; and Massena, New York. These task forces will seek to prevent illegal drugs from being dispersed by criminal organizations across U.S. borders, wounder how long it'll take the cartels to move ops to New Haven or Tulsa or anywhere the task force isn't?

Seems to me Washington has completely abandoned we little border states. Six more days until I move my family out of here and none too soon

www.caivn.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

I have to agree with you, they are abandoning the border. Most likely so they can actually have NO border for the south and people will come and go just like the Canadian border.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
maybe Obama has a reason for not enforcing
the border

and that reason is ......

drum roll please .....

everybody is gonna be under martial law
very soon anyway, why bother with
the expense and headache right now.

He's diverting the funds from the border
to the military budget for the crackdown.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Now I understand that there are those who look at the AZ law and find it to be racist. However, here is the real question, to believe in the status quo of the immigraition as it stands? If yes, then you do realize that in silence you are supporting the following, and these things happen everytime someone who is an illegale immigrant crosses the boarder: Murder, rape, sex trafficing, extortion, kidnapping, blackmail, and in some cases idenity theft. Those who are illegal immigrants who do get a good job in a government office have to steal someones idenity, to pass by the radar. Women who cross take a chance of being raped and blackmailed into being a prostitute for someone who will take them across the boarder, and those people will threaten their families to keep them quiet. They spend large amounts of money for just a chance, like russian roulette. That is the true cost of illegale immigration. And unfortunately the majority of the states boardering Mexico, are dealing with illegale immigrants who are hispanic of origin. Most of the law that AZ passed, is written word for word, that which is in the federal laws as they stand. And tell me would it matter if your father, brother, son, or uncle was shot by someone who was an illegale immigrant? Could you live in a community where you could not go out at night, or had your property tresspassed on and vandalized on a regular basis? Could you feel safe? And what if the people you look towards did nothing, then what? AZ did what they believed what they had to do, 70% of the citizens of that state approved of the measure, and a majority of them are hispanic, and they work in all fields. Now if the President of the United States decides to cut funding and offers amnesty, what he is going to do, is what every president before him found out, it is a bad idea, and a cut in funding, will only embolden the more criminal elements to cross the boarders more often. Tell me how many citizens of the United States of America have to die, have their property vandalized, raped, and killed before we all say enough is enough, and for the federal government to actuall do something, like enforce the laws that they passed?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is an epic failure on his part, and it will be judged harshly by his would be voters in the border states. The stuff in Arizona with the new legislation, and other initiatives being put in place by individual states is an attempt to get the President's attention and to coax him into making bold and decisive action. In response to the latest moves by the states directly affected by this issue, he is politicizing the situation for his own political survival before the 2012 election. It could not be more obvious. I find it interesting the year being mentioned when he makes these cuts to border enforcement?

Perhaps, he is doing this to try and get the Hispanic vote? That is quite a voting advantage if he can get them on his team, and if Immigration Reform is taken into account at this same time; maybe we can expect blanket amnesty for all illegal immigrants living within the United States? He is probably thinking that the people who are given citizenship will in turn vote for him during the Presidential election?

Once again, I can see this as a game of political dirty pool by this administration. He knows what is being demanded of him, and is doing the complete opposite. If anything, he has got stones the size of boulders. One thing is for certain, the border patrol could use more funding, equipment, and boots on the ground. They are in a perilous situation if they cannot get the support from the Federal Government. The border, and the states that straddle it will devolve into a no man's land if our President does not do what is expected of him as the head executive of the Federal Government. It is to take whatever steps available to him to ensure the overall security of the United States, and that would include the border states. He is walking dangerously close to the the political third rail if he is not careful.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think its unfair that the united states has not constructed a wall of some sort over the last 50 years. would it be racist to build a wall ? why would it be ? Its not like we do not like anyone on the other side of the walls . Its just that they would be there to keep people out that come here with that are not legals .

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Even if there WAS no law and every illegal came to America to live and work
do u really think anyones life will be better ? come on ..This economy is weak the world is in a depression and there is not no work for anyone. so please the math does not lie .

Unless this united states was like it was in 1953 ...There is not any work for any one if the people that are here already can not work yet until the country gets back on its feet.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
More border enforcement in Hawaii?

I can't even begin to imagine that illegal immigration is a problem for Hawaii? what do they do? Swim from the Phillipines?

Why is the USA almost the only country on the earth that seems to not have a problem with so many people living illegally in their borders? Other countries (like the UK or France) also have illegal immigrant issues, but their INS servifes crack down hard when immigrants are found and deport them promptly. Truckers bringing illegals into the country are severley fined (even if it's not intentionally). The Governments of these countires have strong support from the citizens of these countiries, who really don't care if they're asked for proof of residence occasionally.

My step brother (a long distance European trucker) has cameras mounted all over his truck to ensure he's not bringing in immgrants hiding between the truck cab and trailer, or under the undercarriage, on on the roof, or on the back doors as he comes through customs.

Even with the size of the US border, why do they put so little emphasis onto border security, but so much emphasis on homeland security for their own citizens?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Well said. There are only two things I would add;

One, the amount of money being bled by social service programs in border states from helping take care of illegals who pay no taxes to help keep these programs running is atrocious. Everything from community health care clinics to various United Way programs in these states are hemmorhaging in certain areas - to the point where they're having to turn away some citizens who do pay taxes...

Second, the illegal immigrants themselves are perpetuating a never-ending cycle of under-the-table salaries whereby some employers never have an incentive to pay them a living wage because they're illegal; helped along in no small part by the advent of "Sanctuary" cities where these employers are basically given the latitude they need to keep their vicious and societally detrimental practices in place. If they don't have a SS#, they don't pay taxes so why bother paying them anything halfway decent?

Taken in tandem with everything sdcigarpig said, this is a problem that warrants a solution, even if the beginnings of that solution are tantamount to putting a bandaid on a wound needing stitches - at least you're trying to help stop the bleeding.

Advocating the "do nothing" approach because what's passed may result in the occasional instance of abuse is synonimous with stating that all of the above is perfectly alright with you since it gurantees that no one's toes will get stepped on. In my mind that means that you either don't know how bad it's truly gotten in border states or don't care because you don't live there and it's not your problem... sorry if that seems harsh, but I've read a lot of threads since this AZ mess got started, and both seem prevalent in a lot of posts.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Why is the USA almost the only country on the earth that seems to not have a problem with so many people living illegally in their borders?

Because when there's any talk about tightening our border security, making it harder for illegals to get in, or getting them out if they do manage to get in there's a flood of people tripping all over themselves to declare anyone who even mentions it a racist. After all, those poor illegals haven't done anything wrong at all and how dare we expect anyone to enter legally.

Short answer, too many illegal immigrant apologists.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If not having people in a country that are not Legal is racist....Then the word racist is not correct.

Racism is not about illegal people who enter into the united states that are not Legal that should be considerd breaking a law . That usually would be followed by prison sentencing or jail time or just being sent back to there place that came

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
ur going to have to pass the bill now, we can not afford to be overrun economically and morally it has consequences.

Texas might be in trouble.
Perry said he won't sign it. Politically he wont have to.

He just got reelected.

so pretty much Texas is going to start suffering in the next few years.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

What was Obama thinking? He was doing what he was told. I have to ding ATS all the time because on one hand they believe most politicians (except the holy grail Ron Paul) are puppets yet they bash the puppet like he made the choice. Well what is it ATS? Is he in charge or not (not directed at you Daddybare).

This has been going on for years. It went on under the much lauded Bush, Clinton and Bush Sr. As for the issue of National ID, that was Bush that brought that up. Remember Real ID? Same thing.

People scream "Illegals this", "Illegals that", but they just can't see the big picture. Maybe you are focused on the wrong people. Cause believe me when this ship goes down illegals aren't going to be drinking champagne bought with food stamps. You will all be screwed together. Personally, I think we could solve a lot of the drug issue with the dread L word, but that's just me thinking about economics again.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just a thought. Maybe nothing has been done about the immigration problem and never will be done about it is because the North American Union is really in the works. I don't know if the NAU plan is real but if it is then it wouldn't make sense for TPTB to start deporting people and increasing border security if the the U.S. Canada and Mexico are going to be merged into a union that has no borders anyway.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

Agreed. Just explaining why the US seems to be ok with illegal immigrants.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rynocerous7

Before I go to bed I wanted to thank you for bringing that up... it could very well be TPTB are making an opening just so they have reason to enact the North American Security and Prosperity Agreement (ASPAN in its Mexican initials)....

For those of you who don't know yet there are things that happen automatically if Mexico gets taken over by the cartels or there is a major security issue that occurs on this side of the border...

if one of these events happens the Merida Initiative signed by Bush II and Calderon in early 2007 kicks in and allows for the emplacement of armed U.S. security agents - the FBI, the DEA, the CIA, and ICE - on Mexican soil.... US forces would be given full authority to operate within Mexico and what was Mexico, is designated North America's southern security perimeter...
this plan has been in place for just over 30 years and goes by the name NORCOM

I have another post on it here www.abovetopsecret.com...
When I first posted Casper Weinberger's plan I never really thought they do it... but now...I'm not so sure

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I did not bring up the point on the drain on social services, cause then it would sound like cries of racism. I pointed out the exact same arguments that those who are against immigration reform is using, that it is a matter of human rights. Well if they are going to state a law violates human rights, claiming it is a matter of profiling, then perhaps they are just not wanting to admit that to do nothing is a greater violation of human rights than they are willing to admit or state. And as much as the current adminstration in DC does not want to make enemies and try to state we are such good neighbors with Mexico, they fail to realize that has to go both ways. We the people will not accpet an open boarder, because it would be a one way street, as Mexico will not accept an open boarder with the US and allow US citizens to freely go down to their country and do the exact same thing that they are doing to the US.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi Daddybare,

Why is this no surprise?

J-ROPES (Jones, Reid, obama, Pelosi, Emmanuel, Sunstein) are going to do this to punish ordinary respectable citizens in Arizona, as well as all US citizens. J-ROPES is doing this to punish the AZ legislature, and to increase the number of future voting-amnesty recipients as soon as Sen. Cornyn's amnesty bill gets signed into law.

It's all about revenge and punishment!

It's to punish, for example, border state citizens who return home to find Mexican squatters occupying their homes! It's to punish crime victims of illegals! It's to punish illegals' rape victims, and the survivors of citizens murdered by illegals. hussein soetoro's actions are intentionally to reward and to grant unlimited ingress and egress to all drug-lords.

obamadinejad is in our faces and we're expected to receive his punishments, over and over and over. Mexican nationals are expected to receive our tax dollars and near diplomatic immunity to arrest, as they have their way with our daughters.

JROPES is a foreign occupying force, elected by weak-minded "obama-zombies!"

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Pretty soon there will be only two options:

1) Spanish
2) Muslim

Im thinking that border States will take care of them selves.. if the feds let them, dont think the feds are letting them.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Now, now, SD. This is all about peace and love and global BROTHERHOOD, man. We are all ONE, just like Comrade Lennon sang in the song. People who cross the border illegally wouldn't commit heinous crimes like that! They LOVE us. We're their brothers and they are SO grateful. All they want is a better life.

Come to think of it, we middle class could ALL use a better life in these hard times. Do suppose we could manage to recoup some of those 401Ks by dealing a little dope or turning a few car parts? Maybe one of our alien friends could help us out. I bet they'd be HAPPY to.

And then, they can blow our brains out while we hug them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join