It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama proposes cutting border security in 2011 federal budget

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

President Obama proposes cutting border security in 2011 federal budget

www.caivn.org

Possibly indicating what direction the president might lean on comprehensive immigration reform, the Washington Examiner reports that President Obama has proposed cutting U.S. border security as part of his 2011 budget. This includes two specific provisions:

1. Reducing the amount of Border Patrol agents.

2. Cutting funding for a “virtual fence” along the U.S.-Mexico border, which is the technologically-advanced fence armed by several surveillance devices
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Instead, funds will go toward Border Enforcement Security Task Forces in non-border cities. These cities include Honolulu Hawaii; San Francisco, California; and Massena, New York. These task forces will seek to prevent illegal drugs from being dispersed by criminal organizations across U.S. borders, wounder how long it'll take the cartels to move ops to New Haven or Tulsa or anywhere the task force isn't?

Seems to me Washington has completely abandoned we little border states. Six more days until I move my family out of here and none too soon

www.caivn.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I have read all your posts in different threads on this subject. I just want to say that I really feel for you and your family. Obama isn't going to do much to help solve the problem IMO.

It's up to the people in the border states to protect themselves as the government is not going to. I wish you, your family and friends stay safe and I hope you get moved out of there soon.

Curious.....Is the reason you are moving have to do with the border problem?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is wishing you a safe and prosperous move!

And, why am I not suprised by this proposed legislation?
This is just the Feds shirking their responsibility! That is their role after all, to provide for the common defense. The preamble to the United States Constitution clearly establishes that one of the fundamental purposes of the Federal government is to ‘provide for the common defense'.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So much for securing the border! Count another campaign promise broken.

In order to deter more illegal immigration Obama supports increased manned patrols and the use of better technology. However, he concedes that some additional fencing may be needed in areas where it will discourage illegal entry and dangerous crossings. While this may provide some relief, Obama insists that securing the border should only be a small part of a larger comprehensive immigration reform.

us-elections.suite101.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
texas will most likely pass their immigration bill now

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yes. Cut it.

Also cut the war on drugs
The war on gays
The war on illegals
Completely re-do welfare

and find ways to increase tax revenue by unregulated current goods

We spend too much money in this country on fictitious problems all in the name of feeling good about ourselves.

Cut the stupid wasteful spending.

The illegals will come here whether there's 1 or 1,000,000 border control guards at the border.

Worry about rebuilding the playpen before you worry about another kid playing with your blue ball.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I didn't know those Mexican drug cartels where so good at lobbying with US federal politics.

This is tragic for all those Americans near the border, like posted in the threads about the Mexican helicopters above Texas, it is just a matter of time that people will take matters in their own hands.

And it seems that is just what the government is playing for.

I wish all you people who have to put up with this Federal non-intervention crap all the luck you're gonna need.

GM

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
THIS is the problem!
THIS right HERE!!!!

AZ's immigration law is stupid, that's like spraying lysol over bad smell but never ever dealing with the origins of the scent. Just let that block of cheese stay under the couch for another few years.

This right here is what you should be fighting for, NOT profiling.

+14 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Is Obama even a President of this country? Every policy he tries to push for and had his cronies in congress pass are not for the benefit of us Hard Working "US CITIZENS".

[edit on 5-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Is Obama even a President of this country? Every policy he tries to push for and had his cronies in congress pass are not for the benefit of us Hard Working "US CITIZENS".

you just described every president we've ever had.

Whats the difference?

+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
THIS is the problem!
THIS right HERE!!!!

AZ's immigration law is stupid, that's like spraying lysol over bad smell but never ever dealing with the origins of the scent. Just let that block of cheese stay under the couch for another few years.

This right here is what you should be fighting for, NOT profiling.

The "profiling" argument with respect to the AZ law is a lie, and the continued mention of it is totally disingenuous.

The AZ law has been ammended to quite clearly state that "profiling" is not to be used as the reason for a stop by police. Instead, once stopped for some other reason, police can ask for citizenship documents.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Whats the difference?

The last I checked, the last president didn't have terrorists walking around with bombs in major cities after 9/11.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Whats the difference?

The difference should be that obama is president now and so it's HIS chance to fix the problem.

Where it's the same is that despite his many promises of "change", obama is dealing with the illegal immigration problem in the same was as all his predecessors - by doing NOTHING.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No the last President had airplanes crashing into buildings and letters with poisonous anthrax in them.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Whats the difference?

The last I checked, the last president didn't have terrorists walking around with bombs in major cities after 9/11.

This is an excellent point that the left always and purposefully overlooks.

And what's really sad about the latest incident is that the obama administration and their sycophants are crowing about how they captured this terrorist and no lives were lost, when the reality is that they didn't see him coming and only poor bomb making skills prevented a possibly huge loss of life.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
No the last President had airplanes crashing into buildings and letters with poisonous anthrax in them.

Nothing but conjecture and supposition on your part at best, and a poor deflection attempt at worst.

Your point seems to be that it's ok if the current president is lousy because the previous one was, too.

and

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So if this is true, then it is written into the script that violent confrontation is the goal, the desired ingredient to affect the crisis and change needed to move the agenda to the next level.
It's to the point now where the punches are being called out loud before theyre ever thrown.
This is walking towards a bon fire with 5 gallons of gas in hand.
Very dumb, very very dumb.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I think Obama is a puppet and that the puppeteers are interested in permanently dividing this country. What better way to do that than to tell the border states that they no power to enforce immigration and then reduce the amount of federal agents on the border? They know that will likely ignite a spark which is what they are pushing for.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
sorry to hear about even more bologny in arizona op!
all i can say is we have the blind leading the blind
and the special interest groups taking the lead.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join