It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans Preceding God - Complex Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Alright, so I'm to try and explain this as well as possible.

As it is known, the God in which is believed to exist by so many may not exist... yet. Could this be why atheists and scientists alike find no credible evidence for such a being? Alright, so stay with me here, because now there is a twist. Now believers in God might think "Then how in the hell did we get here?", well God created us.

Now... how is that possible? I just said that God may not exist yet and then I said that God created us. How can that work at all? Well, if you remember that God is described as many things, but the most important in this thought is that God is omnipresent. This means that God is in all places at all times, that means God is in everything that exists now, everything that existed in the past and everything that existed in the future. Confused?

Perhaps in the linear time scale, we precede God, we came before God and God will come into being millions or billions or trillions of years into the future. However, when God was created in the future, he became omnipresent and exists at all times. So, why did I use the pas tense "created" when referring to the future? Because time isn't like a clock, according to a clock that says May 5th 11AM, May 5th 12PM hasn't occurred yet. However, in actual time, it has, the only thing is that we do not see it or notice it until our clock reads that time. So, humans perhaps came before God, but when God was created in the future, he created us.

If this doesn't make sense to you, that's okay, it's difficult to grasp.

The Protector

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Very interesting. I think linear wise in space time we precede God as subject through the individual but we must understand this is a conscious observation of reality that certainly only exist in our sense perceptions of the things around us. To know God though we cannot substantially see ourselves as objective unravellings of space and time but rather each and of their own organism a subject which holds merit beyond the dimensions of space time. It is only a mis-perception that we precede God because our dimension does not exactly prove God exist it is necessary to believe that space time is like an object being moved through the great subjectivity of the universe towards itself. So essentially if there is an truth in the object it must first be a subject to be called what it is and this means it cannot exist as anything but a subject.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Interesting concept but it's a bit of a stretch and seems designed to "confirm" the existence of a widely believed yet unproven/undiscovered being. It's much more likely that all early humans invented the concept of a god or gods and these concepts linger on to the present day.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Interesting concept but it's a bit of a stretch and seems designed to "confirm" the existence of a widely believed yet unproven/undiscovered being. It's much more likely that all early humans invented the concept of a god or gods and these concepts linger on to the present day.

Thoughts like this help us understand God better. Being is more than just what we think it is but is a manifestation of many selves into the universal understanding of the subject.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hi there

I enjoyed this post. I dont quite agree with every point but I think that the idea the God can be defined in one place or time is not possible. IMO God is the present and the future and the past...why/ how well as the OP mentioned God is everything and is in everything (loosely quoted).

God is not bound by time as we are. yes clocks and time are a human invention but this does not limit God.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
Thoughts like this help us understand God better. Being is more than just what we think it is but is a manifestation of many selves into the universal understanding of the subject.

The OP's thoughts are unsupported conjecture. A presumption doesn't necessarily help anyone understand anything any better. Also, your second sentence is strange and difficult to comprehend.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It's a widely thought notion that God(s) were created by humans in tough times in order to survive and maintain their sanity, but on the other hand.. the ancients knew things we didn't know until recent times and some we still haven't figured out. I wouldn't write them off as pretenders so quickly, my friend. However, my post was not made for the confirmation of the existence of God as I truly believe anyone can believe anything and they have a reason why. I just thought up a concept that made sense to me and decided I would post it here for contemplation. Obviously, this isn't supported by anything more than philosophy as this was a philosophy topic..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
God is an invisible friend that some children never grew out of.

IRM

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Or, alternatively, consider the notion that we (yet to be defined) are the means by which the creator becomes conscious. Isn't that what we are doing individually? Perhaps as below, so above?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Claud Hopper

That's similar to what I'm thinking. Either humans or some sort of advanced species could possibly end up creating or becoming a God that would then be omnipresent and so on.

Perhaps the future affects the past, that is what I'm getting to. If God came to be in the future, then he would exist in the past. Therefore, official and recognized existence in the future, but unknown and unrecognized existence in the past. It is very hard to explain the theory..

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Being a god to someone or something can be accomplished by simply being responsible for the physical existence of that someone or something and having power over the continued existence of same.

We may have a god, but that doesn't require it to be omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent. It only requires it to have the capacity to initiate (in some way or other) the causal trajectory that resulted in our existence, and have the capacity (again, one way or another) to bring that trajectory to a close.

With that as the actual criteria, is the existence of God such an impossible notion? Not really. There are several reasonable possibilities that absolutely allow such a scenario to exist, and without bringing things like "faith" and "holy" into the discussion. After all, it's a big reality out there, and cosmologists agree that ours is likely only one of many universes.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by NorEaster]

new topics

top topics

join