It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rights? What rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
After a while of living, it get's tiresome to listen to people talking about all the rights they have and why they can use them and so forth. What rights do you believe you have? Freedom of speech? Freedom of Press? Freedom of Choice? Freedom to bear arms? Freedom to Petition? Freedom to Protest? What freedoms exactly do you think you have?

What is freedom of speech? That you can say anything in this country you want to? That's what most think, but it's not. Freedom of speech is something people think they have, but it's bluntly staring in their face that they don't.. What happens when you say bomb in an airport? What happens when you say your going to kill someone important? What happens when you start telling people the truth? Your either arrested, killed or discredited. So, it's good to see that freedom of speech is still going strong in America. *end sarcasm*

What about freedom of press? That means you can report what you like and get away with it? That is typically what people think of this freedom, but that is not so. What happens when you start reporting what the government wants to keep hidden? Do they say "Well, they do have that freedom of press, oh well". No, of course not. Your shut down, shut up and discredited so that if you should disobey, few people would listen to you anyway. Not to mention that the media in general is owned by companies which are owned by companies and so on that lead into the government(Federal), and we expect to get unbiased, untouched news? As if.

Freedom of choice is also another illusion, it's there when your looking for it, but when it's really needed they take it away and many people either don't realize it or they don't do anything about it. Let's take for instance the most important freedom of choice "privilege" in America. The right to choose who leads our country, our states and so on. How many of you believe that elections are fair? I will give you two examples. 1st: George Bush election with Al Gore in 2000, look it up for yourself. 2nd: The last election. Ron Paul, early in the game was winning nearly every poll that was done, he was raising more money than most of the candidates and then suddenly he was gone. Or was he? In fact he wasn't gone, but the media turned their attention away from him in order to keep him out of office. Look up some of the debates and see about the votes and such, he was a top played, and you can tell it wasn't supposed to happen by the reaction of some of the people asking questions and such, they expressed surprise many times.

Freedom to bear arms goes without saying, this freedom has been slowly taken away from us since it was given to us, look it up and you will find it.

Freedom to Petition? Hahahahahha, yeah you go ahead and get 100,000 people to sign, if they don't want to change something, it doesn't matter at all. You have the "freedom" to do that if you like, but what's the point when the government is now playing the "We are in charge of the country, not the people" crap. A democracy is based off of the words of the people... well looks like America isn't much of a democracy. Just like Freedom to Protest, go ahead and do it, but if your protesting things the government wants, your word doesn't mean more than a spec of dirt on their jacket.

What about this one? "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin. It seems one of our founding fathers, Mr. Franklin had foresight into the times of the future when just that would be done. Freedom of Privacy!!!! Do you call having to strip down at an airport and having someone stare are your naked body privacy? No, you call it safety. But he's the thing, what your doing is giving up your freedom to privacy for a reward in safety. Problem is, life just isn't safe. There is always something on the horizon that could either challenge, hurt or kill you and a major part of life is overcoming these...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
obstacles, not to allow your government to do so for you. All you truly have to relish in this world is your privacy and your true freedom, not what the government allows, but what you demand for yourself in this life.

The Protector

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The only Freedom we have, is that which we FIGHT for.

If we are not willing to fight for our Freedom, than we do not deserve it.

How does the saying go?

Let the chains rest lightly upon you.

Me?
I am a fighter.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
One of the biggest lies in the world is you make your own life and do what you want. What bull i wanted to live my life in peace and quiet and did not want any hassles, but oh no the uk government felt i should not be able to decide my life for myself.

Scum people with electronic mind control are ruining lifes in uk, and people do not know it. My life has proven that electronic mind control exists, and its for destroying your life.

There is no such thing as you make your own life, and the people that believe this are wrong period.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

To every power there is an equal and opposite power, you can fight mind control, I have done such myself. Maybe your partly right, maybe you can't make your own life, but you can work to make it better, otherwise who will?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by The Protector]

new topics

top topics

join