It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police cameras to flood Manhattan to prevent attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Police cameras to flood Manhattan to prevent attacks

NEW YORK — New York officials say they could stop attacks like the attempted Times Square car bomb by expanding a controversial surveillance system so sensitive that it will pick up even suspicious behavior.

New York is already a heavily policed city, with 35,000 officers and a counterterrorism bureau -- the first of its kind in the country -- partnering the FBI.

But Saturday's failed terrorist bomb in the Times Square tourist hot spot has provided the authorities with a new argument for expanding a sometimes controversial security blanket of cameras, sensors and analytical software.

The system "will greatly enhance our ability and the ability of the police to detect suspicious activity in real time, and disrupt possible attacks," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Monday.

The high-tech system, modeled on the "ring of steel" in London's financial district, is already in service in lower Manhattan, where Wall Street and the World Trade Center reconstruction site are located.

Headquartered at 55 Broadway, the Lower Manhattan Security Initiative goes far beyond the traditional hodgepodge of police cameras, such as the 82 devices installed around Times Square.

Read the full article here

New York is becoming more of a police state. Not only is this program going to take up more time for the police (higher taxes anyone?) but I have a feeling it's going to invade privacy like crazy. I also believe people will be dragged into Police HQ for just looking at the cameras wrong... they are modeling this basically after how London has their system setup, and we all know London has the most cameras and surveillance.

So this is the question that now pops into my head...

Was this 'car bombing' a setup to integrate this system? It seems they are coming up with this system pretty damn quickly, don't you think?

I truly believe this was a false flag to have this system put in, period. No one was hurt this time luckily, but imagine if that bomb would have went off! Would it have been OK if 1,000 people would have died? 5,000? Maybe so [for the government/state] to 'protect the citizens' of the great state of NY. I once again must emphasize how happy I am that no one was hurt - but putting people at risk just to implement a system (9/11 anyone?) is very, very wrong. No amount of causalities is OK to put in a system, no matter how many 'life's it will save' in the long run.

What do you all think?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Terror Drill that day...

Tried to spin it as domestic terrorist...

Now new sweeping BIG BROTHER crap to hit the streets...

Yea, I think all this is not staged and planned by TPTB

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Do you people not see how the synergy between Jihad and NWO are culminating in a world where Islam is the only religion and Tyranny the only form of social control.

These cameras are a farce to confuse you and keep you thinking about your rights.

To return to a state of normalcy, we need only remove the jihad threat from our nation. Deport muslims instead of installing cameras.

These cameras will do nothing to prevent Jihad attacks. This is because Jihad is not our fault. It is generative of the Islamic system. Jihad is how Islam is spread. Installing cameras will only allow us to have a better view of our fellow citizens being killed for the Ummah.

I'll bet the House of Saud wets themselves with joy knowing that we are willingly filming the destruction of our culture and country for them to watch over and over and over.

We are such total fools when it comes to Jihad.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
*FACEPALM*

Wow.
I don't really have anything else to say.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Do you people not see how the synergy between Jihad and NWO are culminating in a world where Islam is the only religion and Tyranny the only form of social control.

These cameras are a farce to confuse you and keep you thinking about your rights.

To return to a state of normalcy, we need only remove the jihad threat from our nation. Deport muslims instead of installing cameras.

These cameras will do nothing to prevent Jihad attacks.

Ouch, your hate is hurting my brain. Please watch the below documentary and try again

Muslims are not our enemy and you need to realize this.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Exactly like the Simpsons episode that aired the same weekend.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I do not hate anyone.

I do however seem to have a better understanding of Jihad than most around here.

Islam generates Jihad to perpetuate itself. It's got nothing to with me at all.

I want to apostate as many muslims as I can. Sadly the penalty for apostasy is death. And our refusal to face the jihad makes it even more difficult to save these suffering muslims.

Your appeasement has never worked and will never work against Jihad.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
how many americans has "jihad" killed on american soil? I am guessing you think 9/11 was done by the Muslims so let's not count that one. Since 9/11 how many people have died? I am not afraid of any muslim country, i am more afraid of our own country spreading "democracy".

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry it has come to this.

If the camera's will in fact act as deterrents, then perhaps it is worth putting up with.

If not, then only time will tell.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
how many americans has "jihad" killed on american soil? I am guessing you think 9/11 was done by the Muslims so let's not count that one. Since 9/11 how many people have died? I am not afraid of any muslim country, i am more afraid of our own country spreading "democracy".

I agree with you - I'm more afraid of my own country at this point in time. Of course we have the very real threat of attacks on our own soil, we all know that it's very possible considering what is happening these days around the world.

However, our government keeps creating police states (or are trying too) and they are succeeding by instilling fear into those around the country. Someone said in another thread that New Yorker's aren't afraid of 'attacks' - I beg to differ. If they weren't afraid of attacks they would be fighting this system, plain and simple.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I'm sorry it has come to this.

If the camera's will in fact act as deterrents, then perhaps it is worth putting up with.

If not, then only time will tell.

You think it was worth them placing a bomb in a car that just happened to not go off in Times Square? I sure don't! There is no reason to place the American citizens in harms way to scare them into allowing such police-state tactics to be installed, period. Do you not agree that putting citizens in harms way is NOT the way to do things?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Exactly like the Simpsons episode that aired the same weekend.

What Simpson episode....fill me in please......

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And this ladies and gents is what a false flag looks like.

No real bomber is deterred by security of any sort. But now at any point they can produce a list of names of people in times square.

Good luck with this.

PS, they charged him with WMD ... what a load of trash. It was a homemade bomb. Nothing more. A kid who can make a pipe bomb would have been able to pull this off.

BTW, about the military operating in New York, anyone heard of the posse comitatus act?

No really, good luck with this.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by harryhaller]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

The guy wont be sent to jail, and if he is he will be used as a patsy. It's all a load of BS - AKA it was a false flag.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more replies/flags. This basically proves (even through speculation) that this was definitely a false flag.

It's like 9/11, the Patriot Act was made before 9/11 actually occurred and so was this police setup (that which by the way for anyone who didn't read the FBI coordinates with the NY police all the time).

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Whether or not this was a false flag, it can be summed up by Rahm Emanuel's famous quote.

“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.”
— Rahm Emanuel

The opportunity is being exploited, with the installation of new security cameras already on their way, and higher security measures. This is nothing new. I'm very sure most people here saw this coming. Its happening now every time theres a supposedly act of terrorism on our country. Remember the Underwear Bomber? It didn't take long after that either to beef up security. New measures and regulations stay in place long after they're installed, and soon people will forget why they where installed in the first place, and be oblivious to the fact of higher security measures in place, the Patriot Act, body scanners, face tracking cameras, check points, you get my drift. I just hope we don't wake up one day in George Orwell's 1984, and wonder, gee how did we get here.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by arcanetek]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arcanetek

Good quote, and very true.

The fact is though that this circumstance was created... it's being taken advantage of, but once again like I said in an earlier post - I will guarantee that this idea of more cameras and stuff was made up before this all happened, just like the Patriot Act and 9/11...

Either way though you're right, they are going to take advantage of situations such as this one. It's just sad. No one voted for this, and yet the fear mongering is going to allow people to accept it more, especially in NY.

I live outside Philly, but I've grown up in the city a lot because of family. Nowadays there are cameras at basically every light, you know which ones as well because of a blinking red light. So it forces all the drug dealers and such to move to other streets, but it doesn't get rid of them... they lie about why they do these things. As I stated it didn't get rid of the dealers, it just pushed them onto the side streets more.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Was the circumstance created, or is it a case of taking advantage of the circumstance? I think the later is more likely. Still gives you a conspiracy, but has far more credibility than yelling false flag, false flag over everything that happens.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Was the circumstance created, or is it a case of taking advantage of the circumstance? I think the later is more likely. Still gives you a conspiracy, but has far more credibility than yelling false flag, false flag over everything that happens.

I'm sure you're being general about the yelling "false flag" over everything (because I don't do that myself), however, look how fast they came up with this plan... you really don't think they AT LEAST were sitting on this idea waiting for it to happen? I'll meet ya half way and think that's possible, but either way, it's still possible it was a false flag, is it not?

new topics

top topics

join