It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders make final push before the polls (General Election 2010)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Nick Clegg and thousands of candidates for tomorrow's election are taking part in last-minute breakneck campaigning across the country. In the last full day of campaigning on the eve of the election, opinion polls have indicated Mr Cameron's Conservatives are poised for a small majority. A Comres poll for ITV News and Independent puts the Tories on 37 per cent, Labour on 29 per cent and the Liberal Democrats on 26 per cent, relatively unchanged since Monday.

Well fellow Brits the 2010 General Election is almost upon us, has everybody decided who they will be voting for? Any last minute double checks on each parties manifesto?Any thoughts you want to share?

Each leader is currently holding a last ditch 36 hour campaign to get as many supporters as possible and i have to say they all look fairly exhausted. Many believe Cameron should begin measuring up his new curtains for 10 Downing Street whilst Lib Dems continue to slate other parties as much as possible to draw in voters and Sarah Brown has probably begun to pack the families bags. I do think Labours days are now over with the infamous bigot claim being the final nail in the coffin, will anybody be celebrating the 13 years of being under Labours rule being over? or do you think otherwise?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I would be interested to know how many people have suffered in the last 13 years under Labour's rule. It would seem to me most people have done pretty well out of a Labour Government. You can't blame the financial crisis on the government in my opinion. Have the past 13 years of Labour government been that bad? we now have a minimum wage, a much improved NHS, and better schools.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
None of them to be honest.

I would however vote for a REAL working class candidate who has come from a poor background and rose up to greatness against all odds with only high school education and military/police experience who shows the morals of Britain, has honesty,integrity and honour..also one who won't bow to any man or woman regardless of class or position and one who wouldn't be swayed by corrupt thoughts and belief systems of others in his or her party,shadow cabinet or cabinet. It would also be beneficial if he didn't go invade nations without 100% proof of threats or British interests at risk.

That is my perfect candidate...where are you?

Such a shame that to be proven "worthy" you have to have a degree in some nonsense topic and be born into a rich area. You could have all the A level's and degree's in the world but you would still be a terrible leader. That is my problem with the British Army as well as high level politicians.. it used to be about skill and soldiering now it's if you have a degree your gonna be a good officer, and to be a good politician all you needed was confidence,the will to change the country and strong integrity

*sigh* How ashamed by ancestors must be of the state of this country

Not these Etonian tossers who bathe in luxury and were born with silver spoons in their mouth and they dare speak for the working class families!

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

That is my perfect candidate...where are you?

Take your pick...

Sad but true.

When it comes to this election and the choices, Lib Dems. I really hope I dont wake up on Friday to see Cameron in office thats for sure.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The cons keep saying vote for change and i am because i will be voting UKIP and not for more of the same from the main 3 parties because a fool can see they are one and the same.

cons are spamming my letterbox with something they call a contract and it say i can vote them out, after i vote them in if they break a promise ?

last i knew it took two people to agree to a contract and is not something that drops in your letterbox out of the blue.

we can already see a bit of election fraud from labour where a one bed flat had 18 people living in it but the real fraud none of the main 3 parties will point out will be the low percentage of people that turn out and vote because so many can see how the main parties are fixed and refuse to give them a mandate.

Hope you are all ready to pull in the belt because next year, at the very least each family will be £2000 worse off no matter who wins and they will say it's because we need to pay the defcit down but i'm taking bets it will be higher then it is too day so all that pain you suffer is going to be used in kickbacks to pay the banksters and parasites in downing street regardless of who wins.

can i say it's not racist to be against forceing wages down by allowing more immigrants into the country because all three parties seem to think it is and time and again when asked about this isue by there own members they have failed to provide an answer and if pushed resort to calling people biogots and racists who just want to keep there jobs.

we need to take control back from westminster and to stop borrowing so we don't become cold and hungry and live within our means and that includes goverment debt that is going to incure interest.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well i am labour all the way. I refuse to take a change on libdems and there is no way i am voting for con's. They have tried to steal this election with their smear campaigns.
I am not happy with the way government runs at the moment, but i cant see any of these partys making it any better so i might aswell vote labour, atleast then i know what i'm getting for the next 4 years.

top topics

join