It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian official admits to boarding alien spacecraft?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Maybe by taking offense to these claims they are admitting to their own knowledge of aliens maybe Lebedev is paranoid or just wants Ilyumzhinov to look a fool. But I don't find a guy that thinks he can influence people with his psychic powers a very credible source. That and the fact that he aspires to be a dictator and believes in the same kind of rule that Kim Jong Il uses gives reason to believe that his mind is unstable. If he wasn't a ruler he'd be the crazy guy yelling at people on the sidewalk.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
One thing in this guys story that raises a red flag is that he says it happened after he was getting sleepy (or was asleep), which suggests the whole thing might have just been an unusually lucid dream. He does say there are witnesses, so who knows. But I think that detail should not be discounted.

I agree. As in Dr. Risk Strassman's book "'___' - The Spirit Molecule", dmt, an endogenous neuro-transmitter that the brain uses during lucid dreaming, can cause very similar experiences, and did so in a significant proportion of subjects in trials of exogenously administered dmt.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that a powerful man, upon waking from such an experience, and asking people such as his driver whether they had seen what he had just seen, would be humoured and played along with.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
Seems too incredible that not one of the three witnesses spoke to anyone about seeing this supposed exchange take place. Wouldn't you think they'd have to confide in someone? What about the "tube" out on the balcony of an apartment? Kind of obvious - no?

How on Earth would you know if they had or hadn't spoken to anyone about it?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A little more information in this Times Online article.....

Mr Ilyumzhinov, who has led the Buddhist republic in southern Russia since 1993, dismissed the fuss, saying: “Pozner asked. I replied. If someone, including the respected Duma Deputy Andrei Lebedev, has any more questions, I am ready to meet and discuss any topic.”

In 2006 he also claimed that he had flown with them to “some kind of star”, adding: “They put a spacesuit on me, told me many things and showed me around.”

Source

This last tidbit doesn't really do his credibility much good if you ask me. It sounds like the typical sort of "billy-Bob" abductee/contactee story... more like someone who claims he was taken from a cattle ranch beyond the reach of TV signals rather than a high official taken from a Moscow apartment.

Lebedev apparently heads an opposition party, so I regrettably have to stick to my thoughts on his motivation for writing to the Russian PM regarding this as political maneuvering.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I eagerly await new developments on this story and sincerely hope this doesn't go the way of "ufo releases intelligent moving spheres"

[edit on 9-5-2010 by reject]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What is it to the Russians? So what if a neighbor's president is a ufo nut. Are they trying to resurrect the Soviet Union? I think this topic is more about politics than UFOs.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

Kalmyikia is a republic that is part of the Russian Federation, I believe. So the "UFO nut" (?!) is more by way of being a regional governor. I agree that this is more political than anything else, but I also think it is significant that the objection is framed as it is. The Russians have had a very different attitude toward the UFO phenomenon than the US since at least the time of Gorbachev.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's all very strange but I don't think it's a sign that disclosure is around the corner.

I've seen so many fake alien stories from Russia and the like but this does actually seem to have a little substance. Personally though if a huge alien tube like ship was at my balcony I would certainly shut the window and hide lol.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Awesome video, with funny music, and at the end he says chess comes from space!

Video posted 1 day ago!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Russia is pretty close to full disclosure, so its not entirely improbable. My main concern is the lack of substantial evidence concerning THIS incident. There are well documented Russian accounts of other incidents, so why the lack of evidence? O.o

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
its funny in that vid above, how when he mentions chess from space - he pretty much destroys any dignity he may have had.....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
BBC Article here- news.bbc.co.uk...

He is thought of as crazy, no Russian believe this.

"He said he was relaxing at his Moscow apartment when he heard his balcony door being opened and someone calling him. “I went there and looked. There was a semi-transparent pipe. I went into this pipe and saw people in yellow spacesuits.”

He claims to have communicated with the alien through brain waves, and the meeting was on balcony of his apartment? ha.

He has made these claims couple times before , just not on national TV. His story varied each time, then stuck with the one he told BBC.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

One thing Ilyumzhinov telling is definitly wrong.
It is not chess that comes from outer space but game of Go, as former chess player said:

. . . [it is] something unearthly . . . If there are sentient beings on other planets, then they play Go.
Emanuel Lasker, chess grandmaster

What is go: look at my avatar.

End of advirtesement

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join