It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq to bring back death penalty

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by AD5673
I think the death penalty should be used in every country...

Why?
Is it working at reducing serious crimes like murder?
Is it working in Congo, North Korea, Rwanda?

Do you have any statistics to prove it's effectiveness?

Thank you AceOfBase! I repeat my previous post:

The death penalty has never acted as any deterant for crime. It doesnt work in the US, what makes you think it will work in a counrty where people have even less to live for? I'm from a third country, trust me: It doesn't work!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It removes defective DNA from the gene pool and there is a gene with a propensity to violence and aggression. Dead felons don't raise kids and the cycle of destruction ends in their realm. Who wants to pay for housing them when they add nothing to society?

All you bleeding hearts can just cough up the extra taxes to keep them all in lockup and stay out of my paycheck. I'm tired of paying for insanity.

Meanwhile, look up the statistics for violent felons and their children and get an eyeful.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
It removes defective DNA from the gene pool and there is a gene with a propensity to violence and aggression.

Umm why don't you post some links to back up your questionable statements. Canada hasn't had a Death Penalty for some time and our Murder Rate is far lower than that of the gold ole US of A. IMO There is absulutly NO reason for another Human to take the life of another Human, whatever they may have done there are other ways to deal with the Criminally Insane. BTW There is no evidance for the existance of a Violence/Agression gene, that is total BS. Science has shown that Nurture is a much bigger influence and Nature.

Who wants to pay for housing them when they add nothing to society?

It's has been proven that the current Death Penalty system in the US cost's more than that of housing a Inmate for life w/o parole. It's all on the public record all you need to do is look it up.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It removes defective DNA from the gene pool and there is a gene with a propensity to violence and aggression.

defective genes? A person with defective genes must be inferior....Hitler tried to rid the world of inferiority...Jews, Blacks, Homosexuals, the list goes on.

So we need the master race huh, pure perfection?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Dead felons don't raise kids and the cycle of destruction ends in their realm.

Another thing. Sure the kids of the dead felon don't get raised by him, they get raised on the streets. Wonderful peace loving streets. The mother's to poor to support the family, working to much to keep an eye on her kids. The kids turn to the streets, gangs, and the such. Same end different means.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Umm why don't you post some links to back up your questionable statements. .... BTW There is no evidance for the existance of a Violence/Agression gene, that is total BS. Science has shown that Nurture is a much bigger influence and Nature.

I usually don't post links to common knowledge, but here's one in regards to this thread.

Criminality linked to early abuse and genes
www.newscientist.com...

Originally posted by sardion2000It's has been proven that the current Death Penalty system in the US cost's more than that of housing a Inmate for life w/o parole.

That's because the system is clogged with too much bureaucratic and judicial red tape with appeals, and stays of execution. Death is big business and if the Fed can milk the tax payer they will. It costs 25 cents for a bullet. Streamline it and it is cheaper than lifetime sentences.

Originally posted by zero_snaz
Sure the kids of the dead felon don't get raised by him, they get raised on the streets.

Well they are going to be raised as a single parent child irregardless, if one parent is serving a life sentence. If they are released or have congical visits they can breed more children and add to the problem. Children of felons are more likely to be felons themselves and are more likely to be chronically poor. Rather have them take their chances without a known murderer being in contact them.

-------------------------
The world is already overpopulated and you people want to increase the size of prison enviroments for voilent criminals.

That's insane, society doesn't need more parasites feeding on it's potential. Your solution is to maintain the status quo and now we have 3 million convicts in US prisons.

So much for rehab, it's a mockery of the world. Overcrowded prison, 75% chance of repeat offenses, stays of executions, and the system grows. When the system swallows society up and they let them all out because of a revolution then what you going to say?

I don't want to pay for your keep them alive plans, and hornswaggled death penalty legalities. I think you should all front the entire costs if you believe in it so much.

My solution is simple, sentenced, one appeal, then out back with the bullet. Until medical science comes up the a more viable solution to fixing their brains, that's how I stand.

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What does everyone think of 1 free murder for everyone, its been proven to work, but that may be just in smaller countries?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join