It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Owls Are The Perfect Surveillance Drones for an E.T. Abduction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Now I'm not a big fan of the person who wrote this article, and have never seen the movie that he mentions. Just thought I'd post it and see what you all think.

In 2009, audiences were introduced to abductee Dr. Abigail "Abbey" Tyler, a psychologist living in Nome, Alaska with her two children in The Fourth Kind. Despite Milla Jovovich's (5th Element) superb performance, many critics pan the film with the same kind of unwarranted humiliation that is so often served upon experiencers and abductees. Even though the film's producers make a convincing connection with public interest in the Anunnaki (from Nibiru according to ancient Sumerian texts.), they still fueled caustic reviews. While these caustic reviews failed to diminish the film's popularity and profitability, the producers still missed the point of a recurring element in the film — the owls. The owls appear as cinematic metaphors before each of abduction portrayed in the film. However, rather than being a cinematic metaphor, the owls should be viewed for mission they are best suited. Remote controlled low altitude E.T. surveillance drones. That is, assuming the abductors can manipulate the minds of owls as easily as we do with Predator drones.
Click Here for the full article.

What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's just a movie...
and not a very good one at that.

And as I say that, I hear an owl outside my window. LOL

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Could it also be that the owls represent something else.
Such as a hidden power. or group of people who influence the film industry.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Or we could view it as subliminal symbolism added by Illuminati to pay homage to Moloch or whatever.

You know the Bohemian Grove owl stuff?

I am just going with the simplest explanation here. Owls as alien spy drones seems a bit more far fetched than simple Illuminati symbolism.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

With the advent of Harry Potter and his owl and all the subsequent fans and their new must have pets I wouldn't be suprised if the author is on to something and that something snowballs when one starts adding in how mimicry of mother nature has gotten us quite far technologically ect!

Owls are also near silent stealthy flyers and also have the perfect sensory form and equipment to focus in on conversations ect! I'm not surprised that they would be considered an ideal disguise for ET surveilence drones!

Personal Disclosure: I'm sure that owls wouldn't be the only form the ET drones would be disguised as!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Owls have been in films for sometime, the Harry Potter series for one and of course who could forget
Bubo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f101a01ddfc7.jpg[/atsimg]
Creator: Ray Harryhausen Film: Clash of the Titans 1981

In early Indian folklore, Owls represent wisdom and helpfulness, and have powers of prophecy. This theme recurs in Aesop's fables and in Greek myths and beliefs. After Perseus' first encounter with Calibos in the marshes he loses his magical helmet, Zeus decides to provide him with a replacement to aid him in his quest to save the princess. Bubo was Athena's beloved magical owl, Zeus commands her to hand over her owl to Perseus, but she "will never part" with her owl. She decides to build an exact replica of Bubo but made of brass and iron with the help of Hephaestus. Perseus, Ammon, Thalo and the princess find themselves lost in the desert in search of the Stygian Witches with nothing in the horizon as far as they can see. Out of nowhere this mysterious flying object appears in the distance, as it gets closer they realize that its an owl, an owl made of iron. Perseus seems to be the only one who understands its language of clicks and weird sounds. Bubo shows them the way to the Stygian Witches and towards the end of the film he rescues Pegasus from the clutches of the Cavemen and actually attacks the Kraken. In the final moments of the film when the Kraken knocks down Perseus and Pegasus and the head of Medusa lands in the water but Bubo reaches for the head and gives it to Perseus who then turns the Kraken into stone.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Personal Disclosure: I'm sure that owls wouldn't be the only form the ET drones would be disguised as!

I always love your posts Omega!

I have always felt that alien drones would take the form of simple House Flies. They always seem to be everywhere and make extremely good spies.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

one word...paranoid, oh one more, too much tv
4th kind yeah....yawn

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
it is a convinceing story if the FBI visiting numbers at the end are true thay go to like 500% more than the next most visited town thats 4 times bigger and some of the footage is said to be real video taken at the time. there could be something to it. maybe not aliens tho

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Explanation: So whatever xyz form that is used as a disguise for the drones, the ET's have got us covered in the "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." stakes and they are watching ,testing ,abducting AND returning us for whatever abc reason that they have and us not fully knowing this abc reason, we are perturbed and disturbed no end!

So owls, cows and or whatever [hmm OL notes that these animals of ET focus tend to have o and w in their names...nwo??? strange for sure
]
are just a diversionary pawn!

Personal Disclosure: Why are the abducted being returned???

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I thought the Fourth Kind was an ok film, not great though.

Off the top of my head there's some great Owl symbolism in use, here's some Dead Kennedys lyrics:

"I Am The Owl"

I am your plumber
No I never went away
I still bug your bedrooms
And pick up everything you say
It can be a boring job
To moniter all day your excess talk

I hear when you're drinking
And cheating on your lonely wife
I play tape recordings
Of you to my friends at night

We've got our girl in bed with you
You're on candid camera
We just un-elected you

[Chorus]
I am the owl
I seek out the foul
Wipe 'em away
Keep America free
For clean livin' folks like me

If you demonstrate
Against somebody we like
I'll slip on my wig
And see if I can start a riot
Transform you to an angry mob
All your leaders go to jail for my job

But we ain't the Russians
Political trials are taboo
We've got our secret
Ways of getting rid of you
Fill you full of '___'
Turn you loose on a freeway

[Chorus]

Send you spinning
Send you spinning
Send you spinning all over the freeway
Spinning on the crowded freeway
Spinning on the freeway
Spinning on the freeway
Spin
Spin
Spin-Lookout

The press, they never even cared
Why a youth leader walked into a speeding car
In ten years we'll leak the truth
By then it's only so much papaer

Watergate hurt
But nothing really ever changed
A teeny bit quiter
But we still play our little games

We still play our little games
We still play a lot of games

I am the owl

For anyone that's seen Twin Peaks, there was much recurrent use of Owls in there too. Damn fine show.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I took the owls in that movie to be some sort of psychological masking. If I remember correctly, Whit Strieber claims to have either dreamed or thought there was an owl flying around inside his cabin in "Communion" on the night of one of the abductions.

Various abduction stories tend to feature an animal in the narrative that is somehow striking and odd to the abductee. I've read cases in which people make mention of owls, raccoons, and in one case, a deer.

My sense is that these animal appearances are just the brain's way of allowing us to accept the unacceptable...probably a lot less psychic stress to "remember" seeing an owl or other woodland creature, as opposed to some alien at the foot of your bed.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Owls are birds that fly around at night. Dont you know Dragon flies are the spys?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why Owls. Not that I believe Aliens would need to utilize drones like we do in a conventional sense, but a big and relatively reclusive rare bird isn't exactly the most inconspicuous creature. Zaiger had it right, why not some kind of common insect or something that wouldn't be noticed even if it was right in front of your nose?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The owl symbolism was made popular by Whitley Strieber in his new age take on alien abductions. The owl was something he remembered seeing at his cabin if I'm not mistaken. But owls are pretty rare and not found in the city. Wouldn't a magpie be better choice? These guys are found pretty much everywhere plus they are very intelligent.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Surprised no one has quoted the Giant from Twin Peaks.
"the owls are not what they seem", hinting that the owls
are watchers for Extraterrestrials or some other intelligence!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The Owls Are Not What They Seem.

Cooper.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

No Insects are!

Think about it?

[edit on 6/5/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
We have cyborg flies so if ET's wanted to control owls they could definately do it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
its actually ducks.......

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join