It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Challenge: When has Obama said "American Empire"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's really quite simple. If Obama is who He says He is, or least who his supporters say he is, please provide some quotes. When has He used the phrase "American Empire", or "American Imperialism"? This is crucial, in particular for any true well versed 'Leftists'.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Of course he hasn't openly said it, but that's what is happening. The NWO may be arrogant and sloppy about some things, but they haven't totally come out about their plans. They never will, because IMO they like the game they play with us too much...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Not much of an "empire" if you ask me ...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Here try this one.

The US has many military bases and a massive sphere of influence. It is the worlds only super power and everyone else is still a distant second.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Not much of an "empire" if you ask me ...

766 US Military bases in foreign lands
US Forces in 159 of 193 Nations Worldwide

"Superpower" = EMPIRE.

America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How would him saying those words prove anything either way?

A question I've been asking myself for a while now is, "is Obama for the people or for the cooperations?" To me that is the only relevant question because the cooperations of the world have more political influence than politicians themselves. They have the money, they run the show. Some of them have so much money that they could simply say to us, "If you don't do this for me, I'll fund an anti-American terrorist group with billions of dollars."

If you look into Obama's past, you'll find examples of how he passed up profits and personal gain in order to help poor people. He pushed legislation which woudln't allow products made in sweatshops to be sold in America. There are many more examples.

Although there is no way to no for certain, I'm convinced the man is trying to tear apart the corrupt financial political power system which has us in it's grip. When I think about the best way to accomplish this I come to the conclusion that crashing or devaluing the dollar would be the best way.

And he seems to be doing just that. Many will assume he's doing this in order to bring about martial law and introduce the NWO. But maybe even the idea behind the NWO is an idea to restore natural resources and basic rights to people everywhere, to get those natural resources (which belong to everyone!) out of those with power (money).

Just some thoughts. I'm interested in hearing any ideas or thoughts about all the possibilities.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

Wow delusional about the NWO. They will deliver the bare basics to humanity, all united under world slavery.

NWO will bring world peace, ruled by a one world "iron fist".

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

america's death toll? hahahahaha gotta laugh my *** off at that one. cowards, bastards. thats how many russians died just in ww2 americans are cowards just came in at the end to split the loot.(american govt that is, americans themselves mite not all be cowards and bastards, but many are) flame me! haha i got anti flame suit on.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You are aware that 75% of those are just US Marine embassy guard detachments and US Army Special Forces training teams invited by the host nation right?

Only Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Japan, the UK, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Dijibouti, etc have actual US military presence.

EDIT: the UK, France, the Netherlands CHINA, Iran, etc also have a global presence. Did you know that their are Iranian Revolutionary Guard units training with the Venezuelan Army? Did you know that the French Army still maintains numerous bases in Africa (ex. in Libreville, Gabon)? Do you know that the Chinese People's Armed Police trains the Zimbabwe Republic Police in methods of crushing opposition to Comrade Bob? Hey, the last time I went to Puerto Rico I saw a Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service helicopter on the tarmac ...the Royal Netherlands Navy, Air Force, and Marines have a whole big force in the Dutch West Indies.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Are you actually claiming that all of those bases are just US embassies? Please do break down the numbers for us... you can start by proving that US embassies are ONLY in 2/3 of global nations, with 1/3 having no US embassies.

It's interesting how you go from saying the US facilities aren't imperialist based, but then try to list off imperialist examples from other lesser Neocolonialists Euro nations.

You did get me thinking just now actually. When the EU annexed all those Euro nations it inherently consolidated all of the remaining territories of the new member states. That would be an interesting, and controversial list to see...

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's been 8 years!

"American Imperialism": NOPE he hasn't said it.

"American Empire": OH SHI'ITE! He said it:

Remarks by President Obama in Address to the United Nations General Assembly
The notion of American empire may be useful propaganda, but it isn’t borne out by America’s current policy or by public opinion.

And then he said 'blah blah we need to be in Syria and across the Middle East blah we need to employ Al Qaeda and arm ISIS blah blah'.

I could have sworn the number was about 760 then, ye tthere are more than that now:

Despite recently closing hundreds of bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States still maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad—from giant “Little Americas” to small radar facilities. Britain, France and Russia, by contrast, have about 30 foreign bases combined.

www.politico.com...

edit on 17-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join