It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Rosicrucians around?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You should read the writings of Dr.Paul Foster Case, and his book, "The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order".

The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order by Dr. Paul Foster Case.
This profound treatise expounds the allegory of the Fama Fraternitatis. Without question, this is the most profound and lucid explanation ever given. Very limited editions were released in 1927, 1928 and 1933, but this final work, which was completed in 1953 just before his death, was first published in 1985. Softcover, 7" x 10", 331 pages including text, illustrations, index and a profile of Dr. Case. Item #1002 (SW 1 lb 5 oz) $24.00

Order it at the Builders of the Adytum website:
Catalog of BOTA

He left the order and started this Mystery School.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Jeez, how many BOTA members do we have on this forum???

(other than me, of course)

[edit on 24-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have conversed with some Rosicrusians and it seems you have to do a home study course for two years before you are even elligable to attend any meetings. I guess that would replace joining the Masons first

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I have conversed with some Rosicrusians and it seems you have to do a home study course for two years before you are even elligable to attend any meetings. I guess that would replace joining the Masons first

What you have to undestand is that there is no single group of "Rosicrucians." There is the AMORC, the SRIA, various Rosicrucian, pseudo-Rosicrucian, and para-Rosicrucian colleges, etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I didn't know there were so many Alex. Are you a member of any of those by chance?

Its kind of difficult to decide whether to join a secret society are not as everyone is under oaths not to share its secrets. So one has a hard time knowing exactly what it is he or she is joining. Or maybe I can't see the forrest for the trees. What I need is a good fiction or non fiction book of one who joins a secret society, with all of its pitfalls, triumphs, rewards or other. When you deal with a secret society no one can talk strait up.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I didn't know there were so many Alex. Are you a member of any of those by chance?

I am a member of Builders of the Adytum, which appears to be a para-Rosicrucian society (I do not know enough to make a full assessment), and I will soon be a member of the SRIA, which is a Masonic - Rosicrucian body. The question naturally arises as to whether any body can be "legitimately" Rosicrucian. The existence of the "original" brotherhood is in doubt. The Fama, however, states that they are Christian in character, do not want money, and engage in healing; so we can conclude that any body that is not Christian in character (not necessarily to the exclusion of other religions), is for-profit, or does not engage in healing, then that order is not Rosicrucian in the traditional sense.

Its kind of difficult to decide whether to join a secret society are not as everyone is under oaths not to share its secrets. So one has a hard time knowing exactly what it is he or she is joining. Or maybe I can't see the forrest for the trees.

The "tree" metaphor is apropos. You can only join an order by its members -- if you don't trust people to be inherently good, you surely don't trust an order to tell you the truth when it describes its activities (I would call this paranoia, but that is just my opinion)... so the only way you have to judge an order is the type of people who are members. In other words, you must judge the tree by its fruit.

What I need is a good fiction or non fiction book of one who joins a secret society, with all of its pitfalls, triumphs, rewards or other. When you deal with a secret society no one can talk strait up.

This is untrue. There are limited things in Freemasonry, for example, about which it is inappropriate to speak.

I shouldn't say this, because I suspect many will not understand, but...

The silence in the lower mysteries, which is volountary, is training for silence in the higher mysteries, which is, for lack of a better term, a "law of nature." The meanings of the higher mysteries are by their nature ineffable, and not understandable unless you experience them.

This has relation to Zen Buddhism -- if you ask a monk to tell you what satori is in words, he will probably hit you with his stick! Those who try to talk in words in order to describe higher mysteries will not only mislead those to whom they are talking, but they will probably pervert their own understanding. For these understandings, words must be used as tools, not objects.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ok budy what ever you say.......................................

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arturito
ok budy what ever you say.......................................

Could you clarify, perhaps, who this "budy" is, and why you disagree with what he says?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I ordered the book at Barnes & Noble used in good condition. I love this high teck world.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thanks as well Alex. I find the study extremely facinating.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What I need is a good fiction or non fiction book of one who joins a secret society, with all of its pitfalls, triumphs, rewards or other.

A great novel that follows a young woman in her initiation and membership in a secret society is "Moonchild" by Aleister Crowley. Although it is a work of fiction, it is based loosely on the O.T.O.
You can read it here:

www.hermetic.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Jeez, how many BOTA members do we have on this forum???

(other than me, of course)

*borrowed from Tesla*

I wonder how many other's are about?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Alex has already answered this specific question, but I'll throw another group in. What Alex is joining is the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia (SRIA) In the USA the Masonic group is the Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis (SRICF) The two groups are in complete recognition w/ one another and work basically the same ritual. Scotland has a branch. (Socitas Rosicruciana in Scotia...I *believe*)

The Masonic group confers 9 grades (degrees) and requires that the candidate be a Freemason and a Christian. The degree-work itself is beautiful and inspiring. The grades (or "degrees") are numbered with Roman numerals. I-IX and in the USA only one local group (called a "College") is allowed in each state. The group meets nationally each year in February at Masonic Weekend in the Hotel Washington, Washington DC. I'm a member of the VII Grade in the College in Missouri.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
A great novel that follows a young woman in her initiation and membership in a secret society is "Moonchild" by Aleister Crowley. Although it is a work of fiction, it is based loosely on the O.T.O.
You can read it here:

www.hermetic.com...

Thanks ML I believe you mentioned that book some time back and I started it but lost track of it somehow.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
My girlfriend's fiance is from Calabria Italy, and is a member of an order there.

I try to ask questions, but his English isn't very good and we get confused!!

Are you a member of BOTA, Don'tTread On Me?

L.V.X.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
My girlfriend's fiance is from Calabria Italy,

Wait... what?

If I understood that properly, poor, poor Tesla.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
Are you a member of BOTA, Don'tTread On Me?
L.V.X.

Yes, I am a new member, only a few months now.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
OK, hold on a second. What is the difference between being a member of a Masonic lodge and being a member of Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis? In other words if you were already a Mason why would you apply for membership in Societas Rosicruciana? And is it difficult to join the Societas?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join