It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Laws and Treaties for the Layman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Alright, I am the layman.

I have a few questions about the internet laws and treaties internationally and I know you guys are a lot more versed than I am on this, I'm sorry to make a topic in here to ask questions instead of assert a position (though from what I do understand, I am WAY against this stuff happening, I gleaned that much!)

I've read about ACTA and the UK law that recently went through in a rush job and pissed everyone off (I don't know the name of it). Are there any others I should be concerned about? Is there a risk of this happening secretly? Such as a secret executive order? I keep hearing that Youtube is removing content and censoring people with fake "copyright infringement" claims but I honestly don't believe Google would do this without their hand being forced.

I mean really all it would take to censor someone on youtube would be to convincingly call up youtube and claim that they were using copyrighted material in their video to at least temporarily silence them.

What are the current US laws on torrents/p2p, is it legal for someone to stream lower quality versions of copyrighted content under fair use?

Is/has ACTA already been signed? If not, is it going to be? Will the US bend the MPAA?

Can someone explain this in an easy way that I can understand so that I can know what's going to happen to my internet?

I didn't put this in conspiracy because I just want real # and not imagined intentions behind it all, just what it does in a literal and direct sense.

Closest thing to conspiracy I want to know is if Obama could sign a "secret" executive order to censor the internet, like if that is an actual ability he possesses, etc.

Please help me out and thank you in advance.

P.S. If there's a bunch of stuff I did not mention it means I do not know about it please inform me.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why seal my number, had the U.S. media are afraid the Chinese government's vicious power, the so-called free and fair are false.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Dude, face it, it's the Internet. You're not safe anywhere these days.

Now, be sure and log on to World of Warcraft Live, and try and kill somebody.

Have a great day

new topics

top topics

join