It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the chatfolk gone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Talking about weed I think, I don't remember saying too much on the subject, but obviously enough to see my ban stay in place. I wanted to get back into chat for the radio shows too. I guess I must still be deemed a potential threat to the terms and conditions. I have sent a few requests to Skeptic Overlord and apologized for any breaches of the T&C.

I feel like I've been sent to the naughty step

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Ridiculous.

I've seen some people get away with far worse, suppose that's for another thread though, but is it any wonder that so few people frequent the place if they are treat in such a heavy handed and, quite frankly, childish way.
I'm sure a friendly reminder would have sufficed.

Still, that's between you and The Staff.
Maybe asking The Mod who banned you may be more effective, I imagine SO get's quite busy.
It does seem harsh that you can't go in chat when the radio show is on, it tends to be the only time I go in there.
Surely a bit of common sense can be applied and it can be resolved amicably.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

A mod did get in touch with me and said that I needed to contact SO if I wanted my ban lifted. I understand he's busy and must get 100's of u2u messages, so I didn't want to pester him over something so trivial.

As you said, a simple reminder would have been sufficient enough.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What did you get banned for woody?

I only tend to go in chat when I'm listening to one of the radio shows, even then I don't say anything....as has been said before, all a bit cliquey.
Don't know if this straight talking some what earthy North East Englishman would fit in.

Of course you would fit in. Why wouldn't you? It may seem 'cliquey' if you are just viewing, but thats just because the same people are always talking and don't shut up, lol. It's all just BS and moon pie's anyway... No one cares... I'm included in the ones that don't shut up, but I try to say hi to especially the new comers that I haven't seen in there before... Meh'... you don't know unless you try. I didn't know anyone in there at first either.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've found better chat rooms to chill in

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick_napalm

Groovy.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

Groovy.

You know it

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm an IRC geek. Have been for years, so there's no awkwardness with tons of people I don't know very well. I may give the ATS chatroom another chance, though.

TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Welcome back Kit, good to see you around again! It's been what, 3 maybe 4 years? Crazy, lol.

I've slowly moved away from ATS, but I think I'm gonna fall back into the habit of it. It's nice to browse and post, and I sort of missed it myself. Time to get back into the posting mood I guess!

Again welcome back!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join