It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the chatfolk gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I come back here to have a chat perhaps with some old friends, only to find the chat constantly empty?!

This won't do. Back in my day there were people in that chat 24/7. Could always find someone to talk to there.
What happened?

This saddens me

I am also slightly saddened (if a bit relieved) to see that the selection of emotes has not changed in all my years around here.

Anyone even remember me?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
KITS!! Great to see you again,

Saterday evening is a busy one in the Chat room, We also have "Mutter" On BTS,

Great to see you back i shall pop in chat later and say hey!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
mutter

It's along the right hand side of the screen.

It's kinda like chat except no emoticons and much more tater tots and wuk nog.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
For the 4th time today that I've signed in....Chat is empty.

Hopefully with the new chat we're supposed to be seeing in the new ATS 2010 more people will notice it and think about checking it out

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Chat is undergoing a bit of a renovation... While it wouldn't be fair for me to elaborate too much, what I can say is that it will be a far more entertaining experience for all of our members. I strongly believe that our members will be happy.

On a side note it is very good to see you posting here again. Welcome back!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well if I can ever get my two hundred in,then I might see you there. Thats going to take a while though at my rate. Although now its one less.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
awww you remember me

good to see you folks, too
and thanks for the updates!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Kitsssss!!!!

This old fart from chat is still hangin' and mopin' around. Chatroom is mostly busy on Friday evening and saturday night. There are some other times during the week that it can get busy.
Great to have ya back Kits.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
thanks so much gim, my lovely.

so my extensive creepin' shows that most of the old farts still log on, but no one ever drops by chat? what's up with that? D: come on people, it's full of unfamiliar names and really weird conversations now.

--Kit. (been forgetting this part..oops)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
where are you, you bastardS?!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
where are you, you bastardS?!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't know who all are oldies on here. But you are right, there is some really weird stuff going on here. There is also a lot of people here that think they know everything and if you dare to disagree with them..well heaven forbid!!! They will use their articulate ability to put you under. It is unbelievable at the rudeness these people display on the threads. They call people ignorant, stupid, uninformed, illiterate, and a whole lot more to prove their point of view.
To which..in my thinking there are better ways to inform us STUPID individuals without all the name calling.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

I'm even more sorry to hear that. That's unacceptable, I hope the staff are working on it. I know I'm not the most polite person but that's why I keep my mouth SHUT on issues like that, things that I would get worked up over.
But just remember that they're only demonstrating their own inability to carry a civil conversation or debate something like adults.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am stuck lurking around, well, for the most part that's all I do anymore. The last time I looked in chat, there was one idle person in there.

I do miss some of the conversations I had in there, just seem to busy to ever go in.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've only been in chat a couple of time. I've got a mild case of social anxiety disorder. The boards are fine, but real-time conversation with people I don't know well makes me nervous.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitsunegari

Welcome back! I chat some, not much though. Bit cliquish!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Kitsunegari

Welcome back! I chat some, not much though. Bit cliquish!

although chat feels that way at times whaaa,just jump into that type written real time mosh pit and stick around.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i encourage the hesitant ones out there to try it out some time, you might like it. it's a bit disorganized, incoherent and confusing sometimes. but it's generally got a few people around these days at least.
as TUP said, just jump in. don't let the confusion intimidate you. it's a real madhouse now.
but titan, please check it out some time. it's not so bad

i pop in and out, and i'm discouraged by the lack of familiar names in there.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
For some reason they wont lift my chat ban, I've asked to be let back in but no one has got back to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What did you get banned for woody?

I only tend to go in chat when I'm listening to one of the radio shows, even then I don't say anything....as has been said before, all a bit cliquey.
Don't know if this straight talking some what earthy North East Englishman would fit in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join