It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Bomber Suspect is a Fake!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Yes, if it wasn't connected to a remote detonator...as this rig was reportedly having.

If he had the remote detonator, probably a mobile phone trigger - why hurry and draw attention to yourself? If you're gonna make a call to set the thing off, you wouldn't be legging it down the street to get away from it.

Can you provide a link that says he used a remote detonator? From what I can tell he used a cheesy alarm clock to trigger the dud.

Attempted Bombing Was Poorly Plotted, Experts Say

Whether Shahzad had ties to a foreign terrorist group or not, officials following the case earlier observed that the failed bombing seemed poorly plotted. Evan Kohlmann, a terrorism expert at Flashpoint Partners, was most struck by the amateurishness of what he calls "this so-called bomb." The alarm clocks designed to trigger the blast were 1960s-era technology. "Every terror group, every homegrown extremist cell, knows how to use remote detonators," he says. "It doesn't take a Ph.D. in electrical engineering." Beyond that, Kohlmann adds, its overall design — clocks setting off fireworks to ignite gas and gasoline — "doesn't exist outside of Tom and Jerry cartoons."

edit to add:
I understand how badly you want to tie this incident to a right wing militia, BP, or the U.S. Government, but you're going to have to come up with more than a video of a bald guy that, most likely, isn't even remotely (no pun intended) connected.

The more likely scenario, is that this guy is a coward punk nobody, who was looking for praise and attention back in his homeland of Pakistan.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by lernmore]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Interesting, though it doesn't trump the fact that the USA haven't experienced a terrorist act like 9/11, since 9/11. That is a miracle all in itself. That said, the culprate is out there somewhere and is planning the next attempt.

If alquada, taliban or any terror group does make another attempt the bomb will go off. UH, they took down two buildings in one day with only airplanes, so do you think they are going to downgrade, no. The next attempt will be even bigger. They know that America doesn't go down easily. So for them to attempt in Times Square would not have resulted the same. Their next plan is nuclear. They are patient and I pray will forever be waiting.

Russia and Iran are our bigest threat!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone pointed this out. But that bald "spot" could be yamecha or however you spell it. I didn't see any "shine" to it. Though it's just conjecture one way or the other. Let alone that it's conjecture if the man in the video is the would-be bomber or not.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
wow, u stole my idea
hahahaha

I had noticed the same stuff u did
and had posted it in another thread.

every false flag needs a scapegoat

nice find and good work

Why does EVERY attack have to be a false-flag?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This whole thing has been fishy from the start. From the timing, the fertilizer, the clock, and everything else.

Now the suspect they have would perhaps seem legit, but all they focus on is that fact that he boarded a plane while on a no-fly list, and that the FBI lost him while trying to tail him around town.

I have a feeling this whole thing will be swept under the rug as soon as something else happens, and for the most part, we wont ever know the truth- whatever that may be.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This "attack" was the first one after 9/11 that was done by a person who was not mentally challanged. I find it strange that he failed so badly and left a trail to himself. A child would have been more careful to not get caught. Yes, the guy in the video may have not been involved.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hmm, the plot thickens. But to be honest we can try to guess and conspire but the truth will always remain hidden.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
According to Bloomberg Businessweek, witnesses that were on the plane with the suspect, said that there were three people arrested from the plane. I posted a thread that has all of the details here. Were there really three suspects arrested off the United Emirates flight EK202?

--airspoon

Edited to add: I like your speculation and evidence to support your claims. It certainly is plausible. Unfortunately though, there just isn't enough evidence to say one way or another. They sure seem to be tight-lipped about all of the details. Wouldn't it be something if this "suspect" was actually working for TPTB and made a mistake that ultimately got him caught?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I find it odd that I heard about a week ago that Bloomberg wanted to shut down Time Square from traffic and make it more of a shopping, pedestrian friendly area. He has been pushing this hard since February. Now isn't it convenient that a failed "terrorist" attack happens that will surely make that easily obtainable!

N.Y. Closing part of Times Square to Traffic!

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Mudman21]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i don't know if anyone pointed this out yet but the guy in the video was probably not the suspect, they were just throwing that video out there. The video does not show him walking away from the SUV, he is just walking down the street and stops and takes his sweater off. I thought this was weird when i first saw it. Why don't they show more of the video, all they had to do was add a few more seconds to see if he walked from the SUV which it seems he didn't. So this, to me, is not the suspect. Just a dude doing a semi weird act by taking his sweater off.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As I posted in another thread, the best part is that they first pinned him as a 40 year old militia man. As soon as the "Taliban in Pakistan"claimed responsibility he was Pakistani-American (in America aren't people usually American first and then their other nationality?), which I found weird.

The funny thing is, the MSM doesn't know what to report. In one articlethey say the cops have forensic evidence that links him to Pakistan. However, another quotes a cop as saying, " "Although a Taliban bomb maker has claimed on the Internet… we have no evidence to support this claim."

The MSM has to get their story straight and decide which way they really want to spin this to lead the sheeple. It's either they report this that he has links to foreign terrorists or that there is no evidence to support this.

They can't have the police quoted as saying, "Although a Taliban bomb maker has claimed on the Internet… we have no evidence to support this claim," all the while trying to spin what the Daily News proposes.

I see a spin job all over this. They made Osama the enemy after 1993/2001 WTC attacks, and now I really think they want to make Pakistan the next enemy. They'll do this by saying that the Taliban has expanded into Pakistan and Pakistan can't handle the threat alone so let's go for it.

I'll be back for links to the joke that the MSM has made this into.

EDIT:
www.nydailynews.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I actually noticed and thought the exact same thing yesterday - but too busy to really bring it up

It could be a disguise (playing devils advocate), but I'm thinking it is not. I'm thinking that there were in fact more than one person working together and the one they "caught" is not narking on the others. He is taking the fall.

Or, the dude in the video is not the suspect. They just assumed it was him, because he was standing near the vehicle.

Just my thoughts on it.

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Agree this def looks like a distraction tactic to shift the spot light from the oil spill to this "attempt bombing".

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A 'false flag' operation as you are stating would have done 3 things...

1. Killed hundreds for sympathy
2. Killed the person of interest so there is no further testimony
3. given more power to the government

Instead, this was an attempt by someone who has ties to militants due to the travel and training he received in Pakistan. This is verified. Fact is he made a mistake in making this device and when triggered did not ignite the fertilizer or propellants in the truck. So now we have this...

1. A failed attack
2. One person in custody and other already arrested
3. Our government looked horrible. Janet from another planet needs to go.

There have been 2 failed attacks NY in the last year. One against a temple and the subway attack with the man from Colorado. There was an attack on a military recruiting station in Arkansas. Failed shoebomb attack on Christmas.Hassan shot 43 at Ft Hood killing 13. This is serious folks. Does no one see what is happening around them? Are these ALL false flags?

This is not our government folks but people who are disillusioned and jealous of our freedoms as a nation who want to destroy the country we have fought for since we ourselves were fighting for our own freedom in the 1700's.

I think the worst part of this was the initial blaming of 'tea party' sympathizers which many dems stated. Sorry, but when I saw that tape I did not see a white dude in his 40's but a younger, dark skinned man and that is who they arrested.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by esdad71]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of those annoying FAKE AND GAY YouTube comments. People could have died. Maybe if people did die you'd reconsider your fake comment.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by conspiracydude]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by Dr Conspire

True. Did you see the video of the bald man and the picture of the suspect with the full head of hair? I'm hoping I presented it in a manner that reflects that as the main focus.

AAC

I'm the same way. It depends on the lighting conditions and several factors. Many people that see me only on occasion don't realize how big a bald spot I have.

The lighting conditions and the angle that your are looking at me make me look either starting to go totally bald or having a full head od hair, so that isn't surprising at all.

I am a semi professional pool player and recently they took a photo of me playing and posted it online, I was surprised myself to see how little hair it looked like I had in the photo because of the conditions I'm used to seeing myself in. The extra lighting and type of lighting at the pool tournament highlighted my missing hair.

Jaden

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The guy had an mba and was a financial analyst. He also had a wife and two kids. They say he spent time training in Pakistan, yet his wife and kids are still over there. His father was a senior official in pakistani air force. His uncle claims none of them have any political or religious affiliation.

Thats what wiki reports.

My thinking is that none of this makes any sense. The big red flag I see so far is how well he is cooperating. If he was such a religious zealot, why would he say anything? The guy has a much better pedigree than the underwear bomber and is obviously much smarter.

Also, why haven't they released his socalled motive? Times square has got to be just plastered with cameras. Not really an opportune target.

Whatever the case, none of it adds up. Definitely sounds like a conspiracy. Story just has too many glaring holes in it. Funniest thing is that this is the most important story out there.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A classic case of PRS.

In light of the failed attempt, New York drops this gem in our laps:
NYC officials push for dramatic expansion of electronic surveillance

I don't believe this is the best camera angle we have in the area either. Just once I'd like to see TPTB produce a video that is actually relevant to the case.

All we really have here is some lackey taking his shirt off around the corner from the scene of the crime.

Once again we have an official story that is changing quicker than the weather. Perfect for keeping us in various stages of darkness while offering us opportunities to dissipate our collective energy fighting each other over the trivial details while they plot further against us.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is certainly a plausible theory. So far many of the facts revealed to date seem rather convenient right down to the boasting of a 53 hour time frame to catch this guy. Napolitano is certainly loozing a new air of confidence with this arrest.

This could be a distraction from the oil spill that is also being used to assure people that Homeland Security is doing there job. Lucky for them this bogus bomb never blew. This will also be used as a reason to tighten up security measures across the board.

I also have to agree that the fertilizer component is a bit of a stumper. Perhaps this guy was afraid to buy a large quantity of the Ammonium Nitrate and just settled for something else with hopes of it going off.

Theories are already flying about this and the oil disaster. Should be a busy couple of weeks on ATS.

Remember the words of Rahm:
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste" translation; lets use this oil messy thingy in the Gulf to advance our environmental/climate agenda/Ethanol Agenda/oil drilling moratorium.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that the NYC bomb was just to divert people's attention from the oil leak that is about to kill all ocean life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join