It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW DEBATE TOURNAMENT STARTING

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
ATTENTION DEBATORS!

The second AboveTopSecret Debate Tournament for 2004 is about to begin.

Those interested in entering the tournament should u2u me with the subject line of Tournament Entry.

Entries close next sunday.

For those interested (or those wondering what on Earth I am on about) it is a good idea to browse the ATS Debate Forum. To touch up on the rules and structure of the ATS debate system.

Remember, all competitors in ATS debates get their custom member status set to 'Fighter' and there are rich point rewards for competing and winning in each round. The prize will be a free @abovetopsecret.com email address, as well as an upgraded personal upload space for the member. Without filesize restrictions of file renaming.

Get those u2u entries in!

*Runs into bunker to hide from oncoming u2u spamalanche*

For those who already have an @abovetopsecret.com email address, the prize will be something nice. Like a big smooch from Simon.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Naturally, there was a few things I forgot to mention in that post.

Firstly, the response time is going to be moved from 18 hours to 24 hours. (It pretty much was already anyway but now we will have it in writing). Meaning each competitor needs to be able to make their response withing 24 hours of their opponents post. I am of course very flexible with this, if all debates are moving forward nicely I don't mind a little time over here or there. But if there are debates dragging for too long I have to start cracking the whip.

As far as the selection of opponents/topics for the rounds. It will run the same as last time. Topics are always randomly chosen and assigned. The pairings are random in round 1, and all subsequent rounds are worked out from there. As the ruling Debate champion, John Bull 1 will skip the first round of debating.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

As the ruling Debate champion, John Bull 1 will skip the first round of debating.

Horay!!

[edit on 6-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Laugh now, JB, I plan on making the 2nd round.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Horay!!

What's your problem, Jb1?
Don't you like sitting on a Cactus, whilst being berated? Sorry that was a typo',
I meant debated!

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sorry I sent my u2u titled Debate2004

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Good show, I'm up for a ruddy good scrap!

Now, where did I put that two by four.......

B

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I've got a baseball bat if you want it

I'm keeping out of this one.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Sounds good my Cornish friend, I'm sure with the level of competition involved I may well need it! Still, my rapier wit and sanguine prose may well get me through the first round.....

Time, as they say, will tell.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
ok...Kano..im in

and at least give me a sporting chance this time by chosing something i at least know something about ok!!

u soooo wanted AV to win the first time

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Looking forward to a challenging debate, good luck everyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This time I will win!!

Maybe I can get something easier than "Only the Elite can Manage National Affairs" this time...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is it possible to list topics before we decide if we want to participate? I am not looking to know who is debating what now, just what the debates will be on.

Please tell us your forkiness.

[Edited on 7/6/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not really, I just have a text file in which I've collected a pile of different topics I have come across, been sent, or thought up. When the time comes to assign topics to debates I seperate the topics into difficulty, (ie simpler debates for the earlier rounds) then pick one at random from the pools for each round. So I don't even know what the topics are going to be yet.

(and no I can't show you the whole list)

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
can a 'newbie' get involved in this debate?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Game over guys. I was was framed, robbed and beaten the last debate. But not this time. It's all over now. The Ktprktpr comes back again!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just sent my U2U to Kano.

I was so close to beating you JB that last one, but you picked up support toward the end. I hope I get a challange as good as you. And not a topic that deals with racism.

May my Gene Simmons avatar instill fear into your hearts, muhahaha.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
STOP

Please please no more u2u's.

Less than 24hours and we are already overbooked. In the interests of the Judges (and my) sanity. We will run another tournament very soon after this one is completed. Instead of doubling the size of this one, 15 debates in the first round would probably be a little much.

The contestants will be drawn at random from the list of people who have already got their entries in. Match ups and topics should be posted in the next few days. Contestants will be notified via u2u when their debates are open.

For the next tournament preference will be given to those who missed out in this one.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
am i the only female who is signed up for this?

Please woman...get ur ballbuster 2004's on and join me

ahem..anyway...good luck everyone

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
am i the only female who is signed up for this?
Please woman...get ur ballbuster 2004's on and join me

ahem..anyway...good luck everyone

hehe

Look foward to it, Gryff.
P.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join