It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luggage explosion causes scare at Houston airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Luggage explosion causes scare at Houston airport

www.reuters.com

HOUSTON, May 4 (Reuters) - Baggage handlers at Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston dropped a piece of luggage that caused a small explosion that was a "nonevent," an airport spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It seems to me that this event is being taken a bit lightly, at least in terms of the reporting.

No mention of what caused the smoke and "explosion".

No mention of who's bag it was, where they were from and what they were thinking

Nothing but it was a "non event".

I'm sorry, but when there is an explosion coming from a bag in an airport, regardless of the nature of it, it is not a non-event and certainly deserves more reporting. This is especially true when it occurs a couple of days after a muslim trys to blow up Times Square.

With the way the press sensationalizes everything today, something about this does not sit right.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
No need to worry.

It was probably another one of the governments doing a test of the security systems sending live bombs throughout the system.

There is a thread here where a man in Europe was detained because they found a bomb in his suitcase.

Come to find out, the government put the bomb in his suitcase to check security.

The story was so good, that the US government probably thought it was a good idea! /s

We will only get the edited version of this one I think.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Why freak out? It could have been a can of overheated hair spray for all we know. If it was a bomb it had to be as bad as the one in New York.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm not freaked out. What I am is suspicious. We have a near miss in New York and days after this we have this incident in Houston. Was there an issue with the security screening? Who was this person? What was the cause of the explosion or combustion? Are there things that we should also not place in luggage?

With the way the media jumps all over everything, the lack of details on this is curious.

I also think there is a absolute black-out on anything related to muslims right now. We had two department secretarys and the President out talking over the past few days and you never heard the word "islamic" or "muslim". We are definately being manipulated by the press.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
No need to worry.

It was probably another one of the governments doing a test of the security systems sending live bombs throughout the system.

Or it could have just been a baggage carrier dropping a case just right and it busting a can of hairspray, deodorant or any other compressed air canisters...which you can have in your luggage (not your carry-on.) Those are more than enough to create a "small explosion" that is a non-event....

[edit on 5-5-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by antonia

I'm not freaked out. What I am is suspicious. We have a near miss in New York and days after this we have this incident in Houston. Was there an issue with the security screening? Who was this person? What was the cause of the explosion or combustion? Are there things that we should also not place in luggage?

With the way the media jumps all over everything, the lack of details on this is curious.

I also think there is a absolute black-out on anything related to muslims right now. We had two department secretarys and the President out talking over the past few days and you never heard the word "islamic" or "muslim". We are definately being manipulated by the press.

So you think there is some Muslim conspiracy when for the last several years Muslims have been the bogeymen of the U.S. government? Believe me, if it is a Muslim with a can of errant hair spray I'm sure they'll let everyone know since the U.S. is itching to bomb Pakistan anyway.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by antonia]

new topics

top topics

join