It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NM Insurance Superintendent Blames 'sad And Derogatory Comments' For Decision To Resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
NM Insurance Superintendent Blames 'sad And Derogatory Comments' For Decision To Resign

(AP) ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - New Mexico Insurance Superintendent Morris Chavez announced Tuesday he will resign, saying he and his family have been the targets of "sad and derogatory" online comments in the wake of a contentious health insurance rate case his office recently settled.

Chavez submitted a short resignation letter to the chairman of the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission, which oversees the Insurance Division. He asked that his resignation become effective at the close of business Tuesday.

"I didn't realize that people could be so mean-spirited when they don't understand my job or the job I have to do according to the law," Chavez told The Associated Press.

Wait...this Insurance Superintendent got butt-hurt over some comments on the Interwebz and resigned because of it?

Edit to add: It's a good thing our Mods aren't this sensitive as I know they get slack from members all the time, perhaps this Chavez fella could learn a thing or two from them.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by UberL33t]

join