It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius Conference attempting to make non-GMO labels illegal worldwide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Most of the wheat and corn and derivatives are GMO about 85% in the US used for processed food.

www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

Wheat has not been genetically modified and released, if that happened I would not stand idle.
Also take note that Hugh Grant, the CEO of Monsanto, eats organic food.

I doubt if asked publically to eat an all GMO food diet that any CEOs/employees for major GMO companies would agree to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The problem for indian farmers is debt

When a farmer in india agrees to use monsanto seeds, the have to buy them first, and alot of them borrows money to do so.

Then when their harvests fail, they cannot pay the debt, and since monsanto seeds are patented and genetically modified to be steril, the farmers have to buy new seeds for next years harvest and thus go into even more debt.

The organic and conventional farmers can take the best seeds from one years crop to use for the next season. This is impossible wih monsanto seeds!

So yes, monsanto seeds are all about money!

take a look at this documentary, its 2 hours long and speaks for biodynamic farming, but it also shows alot about the truth behind monsanto seeds directly from the farmers who have been using them and now turn other ways.

v.youku.com...

GMO is not about feeding the hungry
GMO is not about making better food
GMO is ONLY about money, money, money, control, control, control

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Bluess]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
We all know why they're doing this. Because the alternatives to their pharmacological poisons WORK. And they're probably shaking in their boots that we're about to figure out they work for some very serious diseases too. I'm sure this has all been said already but just wanted to give you a
Appreciate the information.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
his is ridiculous...such a blatant out-in-the-open offense to everyone in the country's health and well being -- not even hidden in any way. I'm amazed; but at the same time, I'm not so surprised. It's just another step in the frightening plan of TPTB. But like someone just said before me, "It does sound like a bad sci-fi novel..." And that's what makes me initially surprised when I read things like this -- I see, or think that I see, the way our country/world is going overall...but it's so much like something out of a movie or novel, that it's hard for me to..I don't know..really grasp it and allow it to become reality in my mind. And then I read things like this and it just reaffirms my beliefs, and hits me harder every time. Ugghh....we've got to do something. I don't know what, but if we can't stop it, then we all need to be prepared in ways that I can't even imagine.

[spam links removed]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Like it or not GMO is here to stay.
What i'd like to see on labels is "Product tested on animals".
If people knew the real evil & horror of everyday items like bleach, roundup, paints, drugs, food etc maybe we'd all get a bit more conscious and buy cruelty free because cruelty free also means GMO free
Just a thought

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am loving the info presented here.

The pieces of the puzzle are falling into place...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The overwhelming majority of the human population will stand no chance in front of ANY government regulation.

Some will store and grow their own food. Most likely this would have to be done (soon) for your own consumption ONLY. Selling the produce could land you in jail. The solutions are very few...because we are too many and too ignorant.

We can rant here on ATS, or anywhere else, about every aspect of governmental control, and "they" would not care, simply because mass ignorance is a FACT.

If you look at it as a field battle, where you have two camps:

IGNORANT, DIVIDED & SCARED/COWARD POPULATION versus GOVERNMENTS + CORPORATIONS + BANKS, then what do any of you think the outcome of that battle will be?!

It doesn't matter what the scenarios are, the outcome remains the same, unless the first part of the equation changes, and changes fast, from:

IGNORANT to EDUCATED and INQUIRING
DIVIDED to UNITED UNDER ONE COMMON ELEMENT - THAT OF BEING A HUMAN BEING
SCARED/COWARD to COURAGEOUS, DARING, FIRM and DISCIPLINED

Does anyone here sees any signs of that population transformation? Even if it happens, we are too slow..

Resistance takes a long time to build. Be a part of that process and don't stand alone. This planet equally "belongs" to every single human being, as well as their right to live.

Understand and spread RESPECT. Train. Reach across divisions. Otherwise, it really won't matter what they do to the food....or how they label it.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Danjya because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So I see it's been a year... Wonder what's happening on this front?

I just bought some food labeled specifically "non-GMO corn." I'm guessing they're not as successful as they'd hoped.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. I grow my own herbs and some of my own veggies, planning on growing more veg and fruit next year. Normally, I am not opposed to genetic experimentation, research, and development, but there are boundaries that really should not be crossed.

Adding genes from one plant to another via research does not bother me. Because in some ways, we have been doing it for thousands of years, via hybrids and natual mutation preservation. But still, nothing completely against the natural order, since plants are part of the same kingdom.

It's when you start crossing kingdom barriers, such as adding animal genes to plants, or fungus genes to animals, that I object to. And when it comes to animals, I'm even more stricter and opposed to GM, even if genes are added from other animals. Animals are more complex organisms than plants.

Flouride in the water never bothered me much, but GMO does. They are pushing these food crops on people without doing their homework on health, safety, and long term consequences. That's a big no from me.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
unfortunately the FDA has been infilltrated by Monsanto thanks to Obummer the Long legged Mac Daddy

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

you sound like some kind of terrorist

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

California has gotten enough signatures to force the labeling issue to the Nov 2012 ballot....

Now we will see a massive propaganda onslaught from Monsanto to try to kill this.

Fingers crossed for the grass roots campaign

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Starred and flagged. I grow my own herbs and some of my own veggies, planning on growing more veg and fruit next year. Normally, I am not opposed to genetic experimentation, research, and development, but there are boundaries that really should not be crossed.

Adding genes from one plant to another via research does not bother me. Because in some ways, we have been doing it for thousands of years, via hybrids and natual mutation preservation. But still, nothing completely against the natural order, since plants are part of the same kingdom.

It's when you start crossing kingdom barriers, such as adding animal genes to plants, or fungus genes to animals, that I object to. And when it comes to animals, I'm even more stricter and opposed to GM, even if genes are added from other animals. Animals are more complex organisms than plants.

Flouride in the water never bothered me much, but GMO does. They are pushing these food crops on people without doing their homework on health, safety, and long term consequences. That's a big no from me.

Just wanted to say that the engineering technique is so sloppy that even adding gene's from another similar plant could be dangerous, because they basically cause a lot of damage to the genome during the process. They have no way of inserting the additional gene's into a predetermined place, where they could be sure it's only going to have the effect they intended without altering anything else in the plant. The gene could end up in multiple spots, deleting or destroying other gene expression, up regulating other gene’s.. They do not test for everything that could be caused. Not only that with plants I cannot produce millions of cloned seeds right now either, so not all the seeds will have the same "changes" with regard to the transformation process.

I'm also not keen on adding Flouride in the water, it is a toxic compound which at 70ppm (there have been accidents with too much added in the past) can cause vomiting, diarrhea, skin rashes, fever, and other effects. Higher amountscan be lethal to people with heart problems. Most of Europe does not add it to the water, there is more than enough in toothpaste.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
unfortunately the FDA has been infilltrated by Monsanto thanks to Obummer the Long legged Mac Daddy

They were there before our current POTUS... they make sure that regardless of who is elected that they are taken care of..and it costs them surprisingly little too boot...

www.opensecrets.org...
www.annieappleseedproject.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

So I see it's been a year... Wonder what's happening on this front?

Not much. The original source is known for ... hyperinflating stories... to make them more alarming to their followers.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
thank you for posting

where is the lame stream media on this ?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
wow,
Well, it sucks for the most of you that are subject to GMO
I grow my own, you should to.
Unless the general public is awakened to this as an issue.. it will stay mute

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Too late, everything is already poisoned. Now suffering and death will come. That's what happens when people become gods.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I know it will be difficult, but we must stop buying the #e "they" are peddling.

I for one have stopped shopping at supermarkets. Yes it might be a tad more expensive shopping in independent local shops but at least I don't end up eating the bland fruit and the crappy meat that the powers that be have deemed fit for us low lifes.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I don't like this. If people want to know whether or not they are purchasing legitimately safe healthy foods then they shouldn't have to deal with interference. To tell you the truth, lately I've had to really be far more choosy with the food I eat simply because FDA isn't ensuring safe & healthy food like they use to & now we got these freaks trying to tell us we aren't allowed to know if there are extra hormones or chemicals in our food that could be dangerous? That's not cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join