It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Oil Spill: Feds Gave Safety Prize to Transocean's Deepwater Horizon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Louisiana Oil Spill: Feds Gave Safety Prize to Transocean's Deepwater Horizon
Deepwater Horizon Workers Did Hip-Hop Safety Dance Aboard the Oil Rig

The federal agency charged with enforcing safety on deepwater oil rigs has also played a major role in promoting the industry's claim that it is safe, and in 2009 handed out one of its top prizes for safety to Transocean's Deepwater Horizon.

Transocean's safety effort included two dance videos, one of them a hip-hop video promoting safety that was filmed on the Deepwater Horizon. The Deepwater Horizon exploded last week, killing 11 and unleashing what could become one of the worst oil spill disasters in the nation's history.

The Minerals Management Service, which falls under the U.S. Department of Interior, touts the recipients in government press releases and hosts an awards luncheon at a lavish industry association conference in Houston. This year's luncheon was scheduled for Monday before it was abruptly canceled.

Safety Video

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is ironic huh? Approximately a year ago the Fed gives them one of their top prizes for safety. Interesting, I think it's safe to say this is a very dangerous occupation as well as a very intricate and dangerous environment. Things do happen.

None the less, I think this article could add some weight to any conspiracy that may or may not transpire from this event. I am sure this thread, as well as many others on ATS regarding this subject will bring the alleged conspiracies to light.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It makes me wonder, what was the Feds purpose for being there was. Was it really to give the top prize for safety? If you think about it, they would have to have been shown all the inner workings of this rig, presumably all the safety features installed. They had a year to determine which safety feature was the most vulnerable to an accident.

Not too improbable of a notion to ponder IMO.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well this shows how "safe" this rig was and how of course this was just an accident!

Again, move along, nothing to see here.

Oh your still here? Check out my thread on everything related to Halliburton and it acquiring Boots & Coots, who is working on cleaning up the spill

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join