It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Philosophy on religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if this should go in religion or philosophy so I stuck it here since it has to do with both subjects.

I believe that human beings in general have the meaning of life Completely wrong. Freud says that human beings are inherently evil and as I believe this to be true I do not believe that it's the way things are supposed to be.

My thoughts on religion are as follows, I believe in all yet I believe in none. I believe that every religion has some form of truth to it yet also has many points that are wrong which is why I am against any organized religion.

Throughout history man has changed a lot of scripture to gain power and further their own needs. The Roman Catholic Church actually omitted and in some cases burnt books originally meant to be in the Bible because they did not go along with the way they wanted things to be. The same can be said for the Koran and the Bagavad Gita.

I believe there is some supreme being but it is not what any modern religious text makes it out to be. Hell, I even believe it messes with us sometimes when it gets bored which is why so many disasters happen throughout the world.

I have no real point for making this thread other than to spark an interesting conversation and read others thoughts on the subject.

Amuse me.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Humans were evolved to serve nature

Look at it this way.
A stream, it waters the plants
and animals drink from it, but somewhere
upstream a tree falls and a jam developes so
the stream is temporarily reduced to a trickle until
the jam breaks free. During this time the animals cry.
Why do we have to put up with this. Where is all the water.

This is why humans were evolved. The native american indians
understood this very well. There is a way to live with mother earth
and there is a way not to live with mother earth. Which is our civilization?

David Grouchy

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's the whole pulling a thorn from the foot of a lion thing. I think you are so correct. We are here to serve mother nature just as she is here to serve us.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Flesh interpretation of metaphysical or 4th realms usually manifest into self serving religions or super Egos. But if you learn to visit the afterlife through meditation, you will see very interesting similarities to religious texts.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

You sir, have pretty much hit the nail on the head.

There are similarities in all in both positive and negative ways.

There is some truth to all but also falsification in all.

Maybe if people could see this we wouldn't have all these religious wars that are destroying the world.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

sorry but it is like you are not saying anything,

if you believe that supreme being as a god is, then whatever it is alive is done by him in a sense he wanted to be, so it is stupid to mean religions as if they do anything when you are confirming their sources being alive

unless you mean maybe just to amuse yourself with discussions about god and religions that deform the concept of god life you have in mind

i for myself hate god because i am against the concept of one it is the ennemy of our free living right, it is all we have of truth right and god take it all away from us

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY
I wasn't sure if this should go in religion or philosophy so I stuck it here since it has to do with both subjects.

I believe that human beings in general have the meaning of life Completely wrong. Freud says that human beings are inherently evil and as I believe this to be true I do not believe that it's the way things are supposed to be.

My thoughts on religion are as follows, I believe in all yet I believe in none. I believe that every religion has some form of truth to it yet also has many points that are wrong which is why I am against any organized religion.

Throughout history man has changed a lot of scripture to gain power and further their own needs. The Roman Catholic Church actually omitted and in some cases burnt books originally meant to be in the Bible because they did not go along with the way they wanted things to be. The same can be said for the Koran and the Bagavad Gita.

I believe there is some supreme being but it is not what any modern religious text makes it out to be. Hell, I even believe it messes with us sometimes when it gets bored which is why so many disasters happen throughout the world.

I have no real point for making this thread other than to spark an interesting conversation and read others thoughts on the subject.

Amuse me.

Freud died a long time ago. Try reading some newer stuff. John Hick and Swinburne are great religious philosophers (and still alive). You can find their stuff online for free.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000
Flesh interpretation of metaphysical or 4th realms usually manifest into self serving religions or super Egos. But if you learn to visit the afterlife through meditation, you will see very interesting similarities to religious texts.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by manbird12000]

This isn't religious philosophy. This is new age bull**** with no scientific or philosophical evidence.

To quote John Hick:

"Applying a kind of philosophical Golden Rule, it would be unreasonable not to grant to religious experience within other traditions what I affirm of it within my own tradition"

Try doing some critical thinking before posting garbage like that that can't possibly have any serious discussion following it.

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

i for myself hate god because i am against the concept of one it is the ennemy of our free living right, it is all we have of truth right and god take it all away from us

Hey, could you expand on this a bit more? What about God takes our freedom away?

According to modern concepts, free will is the greatest gift that "God" gave us. "God" being an omnipotent, omniscient, and wholly good being; that which nothing greater can be imagined.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by SirPsychoSexy]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

where does it say that ? in facts of life come on cant you see what is happening really and precisely clearly on any individual right

or do you mean some whispering gossip about jesus chat, what scripture say anything about free will as a gift from god, when god clearly signify the sense being heaven that he realize fully and for few he already choose and hells for all else, and no right or choice of livings mentionned anywhere

that without saying how to me there is no gift concept when it is about obvious right, free living is really helping truth life, it is not a gift from any powerful god, it is a sense of responsabilisation that mean a lot to all ends , they have to thank us for it and beg us to accept, but they prefered to keep that god taking that responsability alone so they deal with that powerful life one that ensure his supraintelligence in inventing dogs life by force, and noone cares about what is really happening from that god

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans

where does it say that ? in facts of life come on cant you see what is happening really and precisely clearly on any individual right

or do you mean some whispering gossip about jesus chat, what scripture say anything about free will as a gift from god, when god clearly signify the sense being heaven that he realize fully and for few he already choose and hells for all else, and no right or choice of livings mentionned anywhere

that without saying how to me there is no gift concept when it is about obvious right, free living is really helping truth life, it is not a gift from any powerful god, it is a sense of responsabilisation that mean a lot to all ends , they have to thank us for it and beg us to accept, but they prefered to keep that god taking that responsability alone so they deal with that powerful life one that ensure his supraintelligence in inventing dogs life by force, and noone cares about what is really happening from that god

First off, you need to go back to school. I may not have perfect English, but wow you make no sense most of the time.

Second off, free will is a huge issue within the philosophy of religion. But it's well known throughout scriptures that humans are supposedly free beings and that is how "God" intended to create us.

Thirdly, where does it say that "God" already chose who goes to heaven and hell? It says he knows who will go. You might think that if God knows everything that will happen, how can we be truly free? A possible answer is that God doesn't tell time like us. He may know every outcome of every decision, but sees things from above time in eternity. Unless you can tell me what it's like to live in eternity and be omniscient, I think you're making rash judgments.

I refuse to address your final paragraph. Either you're a troll or just beyond your mental capacity with this topic.

Bye

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

hey piece of chicken i didnt insult you and you should instead thank me for anwering your stupid request
and you dont say what god or time, who are you to dare mean anything about what is not there completely infront of you, as if you can guess what it is like to be of another reality living when clearly you cant even act as a living here as present now, nothing but another evil living

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
[and what is obviously negative result existing and living say that only an evil source up justify that fact result

anything is because of source and source by definition is positive realisatios otherwise the thing cannot be
so clearly the interference of god since he is the creator of humans life objective realities is what deform the result of truth source

new topics

top topics

join