It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity: Disgusting People with No Self-Respect or Post-Apocalypse Saviors of Humanity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Reading the comments you can begin to form a picture of who the fat, lazy members are

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

It's medically verifiable that surviving off of fat stores is totally mythical. They will not survive, they'll just be the ones crying first when there's no food because they are dependant of 4000 plus calories a day, in fact it may lead them to depression and death much quicker than the normal sized underweight persons. We have learned to survive off of the lowest caloric intake allowable, so we are the new beginning.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Shame, shame. This is sad to me. Not everyone who is overweight is lazy or has poor self control when it comes to food. My boy was born with congenital adrenal hyperplasia which would kill him if he doesnt take his meds. He's on a med that controls his salt/electrolite levels and steroids to slow down the growth factor from too much testosterone. He was extremely overweight, in the column of obese for his age. This is the crap that I have had to work against since he was young. It's horrible to judge ppl the way u guys are, especially when it's unavoidable sometimes. Do u know how painful it is to see ur child cry bcuz he's overweight when it's not even his fault. It's ppl who judge like u that Ive had to protect my boy from. I will say that his teenage metabolism has kicked in and he's gained much more height thus evening out his weight. My kids see others and are compassionate. They dont judge and they accept ppl for who/what they are. Why? Bcause it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. You only limit urselves when u think this way.
Peace. K*

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
Evolution has shown that physically fit people are more likely to survive than unfit people;

Why do you think women are attracted to men with huge muscles?
Its because over the course of millions of years, the men that were fit were able to gather food better and offered more protection

Women now care about huge wallets more than huge muscles

Money now gives us the ability to have others gather our food and serve us and for protection, we can buy a house in a gated community.

Smart women realize that skinny, short or body builders have their own problems and are generally gay. You complainers generally can only make yourself look good by demeaning others.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Yep, we'll persist after all the supermodels and hard-core health nuts are dried up and blowing along the roads like leaves in autumn. Naaaa, we'll be camped out at Wal-Mart, viciously defending our stash!!!

LAWLS

So true, and unless they got working electrical outlets in the apocalypse to run their fat mobiles they arnt gonna accomplish much.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

Smart women realize that skinny, short or body builders have their own problems and are generally gay.

Originally posted by chuckk
You complainers generally can only make yourself look good by demeaning others.

Ya hear this, if your skinny or short, chances are your a gay. Lulz! Totally not demeaning.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
For the record, I have a great sense of humor and know some of these posts are in jest. Unfortunately some of them are not and thats where my issue lies. I believe if, and I do mean if, we are ever to be judged I think it will be in direct relationship as to how we treat our fellow man.
and unless any of u are Mr./Mrs America or super models You might not want to judge others physical appearance. Like I said-ur only limiting ur own life experiences.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I like the originality of your post. Keep in mind the following though: Man Hasn't Eaten in 70 Years

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Most skinny people have no real comprehension of what it is to be truely hungry.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

i think you should google the word "Ethiopia".
and i can almost garuntee your "cold" and unquenchable "hunger" is nothing short of having an unfulfilled life and low self-esteem, so tasting and feeling food in your mouth for just a few seconds and feeling stuffed is better than nothing.

as for this thread... i think all the terrible health problems that come with being obese like diabetes and thyroid junk and all that will make living off their own fat completely useless and impossible, not to mention their lack of excercise. they'll fall apart first, and they will cause the most problems initially because of their huge eating habits and emotional hang-ups, especially in light of an apocalypse.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ha ha awesome I was wondering this myself the other day.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Reading the comments you can begin to form a picture of who the fat, lazy members are

yeah it's really dissapointing. this thread is grossing me out with all the fat people defending themselves and gloating about how lulzy the apocolypse is gonna be for them. yeah, ok. whatever makes you feel happy.

i think your health is the most important thing in your life, and if you are unhealthy or out of shape by choice, then you are not only useless to yourself, but everyone else around you in times of need. people aren't supposed to just be fat or healthy or stupid and smart.
but whatever, if you want to be a gigantic person that just takes, don't expect anyone to give you anything or be able to defend yourself in an event like that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First of all, the OP does have a way with words and the writing was entertaining! That being said, watching all the responses casting blame on genes, eating habits, intelligence, etc or all those who've decided that they've become offended by the words of the author, never once addressed other possibilities until I read the reply by "whitewave". They suggest that perhaps there's a nefarious reason for why more and more individuals are gaining weight and becoming obese. MSG is definitely one possibility. I will submit that perhaps another, slightly less nefarious reason might be that we are consuming large amounts of food-based toxins. I would consider myself obese, and so I've searched for ways to reduce my weight and found something that I was quite surprised about and that is the existence of lectins. You can google toxic lectins and find that many of the "staple" foods we eat contain these toxins that were really only introduced to modern man. More specifically, the more "toxic" foods are those derived from grains, potatoes, rice etc. These are all foods that if eaten raw, could cause some pretty nasty side effects...of course that depends on you bodies natural ability to counteract them. There is a whole lot more to it, but in my view and that of many others who understand the role of lectins in our diets, it is likely a huge driver for many health problems including obesity. To further exacerbate the issue, we are all taught to believe that eating these substances are healthy and furthermore should be consumed in great quantities (see most gov't sponsored websites on the so-called food pyramid where the base of the pyramid is grains.) One could argue that the government wants us to be sick/obese for control purposes. With accepting MSG as a "safe" substance that permeates much of our prepared foods. And then encouraging the consumption of natural toxins in large quantities. Finally, The Lectin Story is a good website with a lot of information on lectins.

In the end, I'm not purely suggesting that every obese person is that way because of some grand conspiracy, or suggesting that our individually unique physiology or genetic makeup doesn't play a part. What I am saying is that we all need to better understand what we put into our bodies and take personal responsibility for ourselves. Maybe that is the plan from beginning. Perhaps our end days are here, but more related to an awakening of the population on this planet. Then again, it could all be coincidence and the world may end tomorrow!

ESV

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

You make a good argument and I actually learned something from your post. I believe there are other substances out there, which have similar effects on the body. Thanks for your insight!

ESV

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
To those who say you have to be rich to eat well. BS! I make under 30k a year which is you look at national averages i'm below it. Heck i'm not even average in my state and there aren't a ton of rich folks here either. That being said, you can eat quite well for very cheap. If you can, shop at farmers markets, you easily get a better deal on everything and it's all good for you. Also, you don't need a full yard or huge plot of land to grow decent veggies and herbs. A small garden takes care of that. Heck i've got a decent bit of stuff growing and i'm in an apartment. Most of the people that complain about not being able to afford healthy are looking at the pre-packaged overpriced crap at the grocery store. That is not healthy, it's trendy and no better for you than anything else really.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Dear OP,

Sorry everyone does not fit your ideal weight standards or economical standards.

Unfortunately, while waiting for my retirement benefits to kick in.....I had to bow down and ask for food stamps. Yes, never thought in my life I would have to do this after being very successful at times in my life.

I got sick, lost everything and I had and needed to rely on my guberment cheese.

Try to eat on $200.00 a month via food stamps. Options.........lots of pasta, beans and basically food not fit for a human. I gained a great deal of weight. Fresh vegetables and fruit were off the menu.

Doing well financially now and am losing weight, due to fact I can now afford healthy food.

Don't judge people or generalize. We are going through very bad times economically. We eat what we can afford.

Unfortunatley, affordable food is sewage laden fat infested garbage. Many do not have a choice.

You want to blame anyone, blame the food industry for gaming against the poor.

Glad your svelt, well to do and better than the rest of the human race.

Stuff it buddy. God forbid you come down with a deadly disease and need to rely on subsistance. Obviously, you are young and indestructable and have no idea what happens in the real world.

N'ough said. Hope you continue to live a life of health, luxury and prosperity.

My thoughts exactly. I get tired of haters everywhere and the fat-people-hating just has to stop. You are so right, a lot of folks on lower incomes can only afford fatty, crappy foods because good produce does cost a lot and not everyone is fat because of diet either, some have endocrine disorders, god forbid the OP never gets one and has someone calling him/her a lazy fattie. I wish I could see more tolerance in this world. Thanks for being human.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a healthy adult can ` build up ` a 30 day " reserve " of vitamin C - this assumes they had a healthy diet that perimted the creation of a surplus

so , i have a question :

can a super morbidly obese person harbour a greater vitamin C ` reserve ` - thats ASSUMING thier prior deit had a vit C surplus that allowed a reserve build up ?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zorah

Your so full of it. All you people saying you can't eat healthy on low income. You got a plethora of options, all you have to do is use that brain of yours, lets see, tonight I will have rice and chicken, or here's an idea, don't eat as much, drink more water. Seriously I'm no health nut nor do I know what I should and shouldn't be eating half the time, but I do have common sense. And the biggest reason I know your full of it is because I have been unemployed for 5 months now and I donate plasma twice a week to add to my tiny unemployment check.

Oh, and jog or something, sweat out the bad chemicals and burn off fat. You have no excuse unless you have a condition like hypothyroidism and even then those are probably a result rather than a precondition.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ALlENATlON]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Or people will become cannibals?

Hehehe...Sorry I didn't mean to take us down that road.

My thoughts exactly...

And Im eating the fat people first!

They'll be easier to catch and one will feed an entire family!!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yea, but your gene just might help you survive longer, when TSHTF.

Hopi Indians are a great case study. Today they are all mostly very obese, but back when they had little food they were efficient and the skinnies died off…

Fat people shall inherit the earth if food become an issue.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
Shame, shame. This is sad to me. Not everyone who is overweight is lazy or has poor self control when it comes to food. My boy was born with congenital adrenal hyperplasia which would kill him if he doesnt take his meds. He's on a med that controls his salt/electrolite levels and steroids to slow down the growth factor from too much testosterone. He was extremely overweight, in the column of obese for his age. This is the crap that I have had to work against since he was young. It's horrible to judge ppl the way u guys are, especially when it's unavoidable sometimes. Do u know how painful it is to see ur child cry bcuz he's overweight when it's not even his fault. It's ppl who judge like u that Ive had to protect my boy from.
Peace. K*

That is tragic, and of course we all feel for those that are born with issues beyond our control.

But that is a rare exception. Most people who weigh 400lbs do so because of bad choices, bad genetics play a small role as well, but to me there is no excuse.

I have a good friend who was fat his whole life. His body just didnt burn off food the way ours did, despite us all playing equal amounts of sports, skateboarding etc. He became determined to lose the weight, so through self control and discipline, he is now among the fittest of my friends.

He'll be first to tell you that its not easy. Especially when your friends or coworkers are eating pizza or burgers and you have a dry turkey sandwich on wheat. He has to work out EVERY DAY to keep himself from putting weight back on, despite his strict diet.

Everyone has choices in life. The question is, will you choose the ones that are easier or more convenient at the cost of your health and physical image?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join