It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesity: Disgusting People with No Self-Respect or Post-Apocalypse Saviors of Humanity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

You always make me laugh or make me deeply ponder. I really like and respect your participation .
Thanx!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
reply to post by truthseeker1984

You always make me laugh or make me deeply ponder. I really like and respect your participation .
Thanx!

*Bows deeply*

Thank you for the kind words! I aim to please (and to pee, so don't worry about me peeing on your leg.
)

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey wait my 10 year old is 115 pounds and not fat in the least....I'm 260 and not fat hehe..well I could lose 10 pounds or so.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yea, but your gene just might help you survive longer, when TSHTF.

Hopi Indians are a great case study. Today they are all mostly very obese, but back when they had little food they were efficient and the skinnies died off…

Fat people shall inherit the earth if food become an issue.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Wow this thread is full of win. (Sarcasm off)

Seriously guys. All I am reading is: Fat people are lazy, have no self control and are selfish.

What is wrong with you people?! I know you have friends who are overweight, how can you not these days? Do your obese friends really sound like that description?!

GOD, I am so disappointed in you guys right now.

I am fat. Im not ignorant of that fact, I dont hate myself because I am blah blah blah.
I am overweight because I WANT TO BE. I love food! It is delicious and enjoyable. I would rather enjoy my life the way I want it to be (how I want to be) than live up to some #ty social dynamic that is worse for your self esteem than being fat is.

And lastly....

I am a survivalist. I grow my own food. Have preparations for whatever disaster might happen. I do everything in my power to be prepared.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Or they may serve as food. Eat thy neighbor.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
totally racist remarks op,
overweight peoples will have just as much chance as the rest of humanity,
they are no different than any one else and should deserve a better and more decent respect for who they are and not what they look like.

shame on you.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Another real human being with truth and humor! LOL

Awsome!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
totally racist remarks op,
overweight peoples will have just as much chance as the rest of humanity,
they are no different than any one else and should deserve a better and more decent respect for who they are and not what they look like.

shame on you.

I need to laugh....what is racist about his remarks?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Calorie for calorie, junk food has more calories per dollar, but less nutrition. I understand it is difficult when you have little money to buy fresher, healthier food, but there are options, such as growing your own, even on a balcony or in limited space, or participating in community gardens, or food banks, or using your food stamps for healthier food. Many obese people happen to be malnourished because of the quality of the calories they are consuming. I myself have a tight budget but as a vegan, I get plenty of nutrition out of beans, lentils, and veggies. I buy no meat, poultry fish, or dairy for myself or my husband. My dogs eat eggs, but eat local, hormone free, free range hen eggs. The eggs are very high quality, and only $1.50 for a dozen and quite large. Double yolk eggs are .50 cents more. Our food budget for two people is about $250 per month.

If you live near Milwaukee or Chicago, there is an organization called Growing Power that uses the same space as a small market to sustainably grow veggies, fish from an aquaponics system, herbs, honey, turkey, eggs, etc. They provide fresh fruits and veggies to people in the area at a reasonable price (25 lbs for about $17).

www.growingpower.org...

There is also angel food ministries with locations all through the US that provides food to people at a reasonable price. www.angelfoodministries.com.

I think people should take over their lawn and start growing victory gardens again. Gardening is not that hard, and the bounty leftover could easily feed the hungry in our country. Heck, the food left over at restaurants is enough to feed the hungry, and some organizations do collect from restaurants just for that purpose.

It is ridiculous to eat a head of lettuce that travels 3000 miles from California. There other options for obtaining fresh food such as farmers markets and CSAs (where you buy a share of a farmer's harvest and exchange some work as well).

www.localharvest.org...

Personally, I use coupons, store loyalty cards, watch the store ads, shop in bulk when possible, grow some of my own food (in containers), and frequent ethnic stores that often have staples like rice, lentils and beans at good prices in bulk. I also go to the farmer's market towards the end of the day when the farmers would rather sell me the rest of the veggies at a good rate than load it back on their truck. I buy bread at a bread outlet for $1 or less for english muffins, bagels, loaves of bread, pita bread and buns. I freeze most of it and take it out for use as I need it. I feel almost criminal when I buy 12 bakery items and have only spent $8 or so. My husband also bakes his own sourdough bread that we enjoy monthly if not more.

Almost every week we start out the week by making one large pot of soup, one large salad, and one pasta salad. This goes into the fridge for easy food prep during the week. Then we add things during the week like stir fries, sandwiches, potatoes, rice, and other ethnic dishes we make at home. Honestly, we eat very heartily and the food is never bland.

Yes, my container of organic spinach that I buy occasionally for $5 (when I don't have my own growing) is expensive, but it is at least giving me nutrition. I know there are vitamins in it that I can't get just from a pill and that each leaf has more nutrition in it than a conventional spinach leaf. I know I am nourishing myself, not just eating.... and I guess maybe that's the difference.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow, you know they will still die after a month with no food like the rest of us right? It`s much more likely that the obese will save some people who will hunt them down and eat them when there`s no other food to be found. These people will not be able to survive as easily as most and will be the extra weight slowing others down. If they aren`t hunted down and eaten they will die simply because they will not be able to travel the necessary distances on foot in order to reach whatever they might need to survive and that could be any number of things: food, water, medical attention, warmth..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Love it!

Still laughing

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Oh and there is current medical proof that some obesity is caused by cell-wall deficient bacteria that hijack a person's immune system and take over. Some people are being helped by using the Marshall Protocol. The Marshall Protocol people say, it's not what you are eating but what your bacteria want you to eat....

I do not think all fat people are lazy or any other bad trait, but I am very disheartened to see so many overweight people. I remember growing up that there was maybe one or two overweight kids in my school, and those, unfortunately, were laughed at. Now you look at kids and being fat is the norm. Being fat as an adult is normal. I really don't understand all the dynamics, but I do think it has to be something related to the quality of the food that most people eat, either having too much fat, salt, sugar, or hormones and preservatives. There were no McDonald's when my grandparents' generation was growing up, and they ate fresh food that they grew themselves, and worked all the calories off during the day. People don't do that any more and would be hard pressed to even know how to grow something for themselves anymore.

I was watching a documentary on History channel I think about the early americans and it hit me, these people that came over to America from Britain, there were no stores for them to go to. They provided for themselves (with the help of the indians). Most americans now would simply starve to death if they had to provide food for themselves, the knowledge has not been passed down.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So how come...I eat all the fattiest foods possible whenever possible and I'm thinner than all my friends? You people don't understand, it's because of my metabolism. It's so high that doctors suggest I eat high fat foods, my Mum/Mom is the same...I can eat, what I want, when I want, and never move a muscle...and I wont put on a pound...because I naturally burn up and crap out excess energy so quickly...

Whilst others, may have a low metabolism...which means instead of burning up and crapping out excess energy, it all gets turned into fat which needs to be worked off with some serious exercise...and I just thank my lucky stars that I have a high metabolism...it's absolutely brilliant, I couldn't imagine putting on weight so easily by eating fatty foods...I'd definitely be a walking blob of fat by now...

So I guess my point is, go easy on them guys...it's already hard enough...it isn't because they are just lazy, worthless people with no self-respect...that's an absurd comment...most of them have better personalities in fact, because they aren't constantly caught up in appearances and egotistic frames of mind...

[edit on 5/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I love chubby women. I find them attractive!

And, if they can help me in 2012, then even better!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I hate you, but in a good way! Can we do a bone graft or something? Damn, I'm jealous.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Haha...Uhhh....*runs away*...

reply to post by Tentickles

I am overweight because I WANT TO BE. I love food! It is delicious and enjoyable. I would rather enjoy my life the way I want it to be (how I want to be) than live up to some #ty social dynamic that is worse for your self esteem than being fat is.
Well said. Quality over quantity IMO. (meaning quality of life over length of life)

[edit on 5/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
First of all as far as eating healthy for cheap, it can be done. I do it on less than $100 a month but then again I have virtually no appetite and tend to only eat when I get weak and dizzy. Which is why I get so angry when people think that people who are over weight over eat and are lazy. I know for many this isn't true. I am not obese but I am over weight, and honestly I am more healthy than and fit than many people skinnier than me. Back to eating healthy, as I said before I am a health nut and I have learned that eating healthy can actually be cheaper. today I bought bananas for 49 cents a pound wild rice, brown rice and barley for 19cents a pound in the bulk food which I substitute for many recipes calling for pasta even spaghetti. I cook from scratch. instead of buying sauces and the like in jars I make my own and freeze it. $5 a bag for frozen chicken breasts goes a long way.

For the person who said to eat accordingly, sometimes that isn't nearly enough for you to be healthy and not become ill. lucky for me that is not my problem, I don't gain weight, I just can't lose weight. I could eat everything in sight and hardly gain a pound but once I do its there forever. You do tend to get a little ticked off at people when after months of vigorous exercise on top of a very active lifestyle you don't lose a freaking pound or after 2 weeks of the flu of not being able to keep anything down you find you gained half a pound.
I am extremely sensitive about this, not for myself but because I know others who are hurting because of this. Especially one person who died because the didn't get medical help because all they ever heard was "Just lose weight and you'll be fine" when it was really a medical issue that caused her weight problems not the other way around.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Assuming God does have a plan with all these obese people, will he be overlooking the rest of us who actually put effort into staying healthy? Doesn't seem fair, also.. you'd have to take into account that most nations don't have a (huge) problem with obesity.
Would God make americans fat just so he could save them and then neglect the rest of us even though america is a cesspool of sin and corruption? He'd be cutting the most irresponsible people slack while punishing the rest. From my point of view this topic only seems to take the US into account, what's new...

Only sounds twisted to me.. I wouldn't bring God into this but the survival chances of fat/obese people are worthy discussion material.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You guys cant really believe the PC BS of those saying " its all my metabolisms fault".

Think about this, no matter what the situation, when food is really scarce, everyone loses weight.

Not one documented case I am aware of where people are starving has there been 1 person that just stayed fat. The concentration camps throughout Europe during WW2 is a perfect example. Lots of different people from different racial backgrounds were put in those camps. In the areas of Africa today that have food shortages you will not find obese people randomly walking around.

I thought this site was about Denying Ignorance, not promoting it to make people feel better about their weight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join