It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shahzad on Plane 30 Minutes Before Departure! WHAT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Shahzad on Plane 30 Minutes Before Departure! WHAT?

www.bloomberg.com

May 4 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. authorities learned 30 minutes before takeoff that suspected Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad was on a plane departing for Dubai, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Shahzad was placed on a no-fly list yesterday afternoon. The airline didn’t update its list before allowing Shahzad on the plane, according to the person, who couldn’t be identified because the matter is still under investigation. U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents learned Shahzad was on the plane when the airline presented a mandatory passenger manifest to U.S. officials just
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Just shows how good the security is at airports and how often they update there no fly list...

according to the person, who couldn’t be identified because the matter is still under investigation..

what do you think about this suspected bomber? on the plane so early does seem suspicious..

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-5-2010 by pavelivanov22]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Actually the plane had departed.
We got lucky. Could have been messy having that plane turn around.
Thats is of course if this isn't a cover up for something else bigger. 3000 new cameras will be in NYC in no time and what's that big body of water on the south side...The gulf of Mexico...

Our country was a very much liked and respected country, there was and hopefully still is a time when we really are the good guy in everyones eye.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

what do you think about this suspected bomber? on the plane so early does seem suspicious..

[edit on 4-5-2010 by pavelivanov22]

Have you ever actually flown internationally?

I do, all the time, and I have to be at the Airport usually 2 hours before departure and I’m usually sitting in my seat 60, 45 or 30 min before departure!

Nothing suspicious about being on the plane 30 min before it’s due to take off, very normal actually.

Mikey

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

I dont think that was the point of the OP. The point was that this guy even made it on a plane at all given that he was suspect #1 in a failed terrorist attempt.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Have you ever actually flown internationally?

I do, all the time, and I have to be at the Airport usually 2 hours before departure and I’m usually sitting in my seat 60, 45 or 30 min before departure!
Nothing suspicious about being on the plane 30 min before it’s due to take off, very normal actually.
Mikey

Agreed!
Been there, done that, got a t-shirt that says so.
Sitting on the plane for thirty minutes is no big deal.
Nothing here folks, move along,

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh, he made it away, what a surprise... yet another orchestrated event to pound the American people through media with fear and hate, until everyone is too scared to look at another in the eye. Welcome to the next terrorist threat, it is the American person, and this will be used to make people beg for their freedoms to be taken away.

NEXUS

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow.. A little voice in my head said "fail.." but that's not my point...

I can't believe how the govt let this one happen.. I mean come on! Wow.
Just wow...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

I'm sorry....WHAT???

Come on....the real story here is how incompetent and amateruish this guy was...

In fact, the authorites EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS in how fast they were able to indentify him...AND track him to that flight!

I mean....where are people's perspectives, nowadays?

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE to 'satisfy' any so-called 'sceptic', today?!?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

"Instead, the airline noted that Shahzad made his reservation on the way to the airport and paid cash for the flight, alerting U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the source said."

Close call. He paid cash for the flight making his reservation on the way to the airport and he was on the no-fly list, and he still was able to board the plane at all?

Source.

It is sort of a failure that he did get on the plane. I guess if authorities were not present to arrest him immediately though he may have become suspicious when not allowed on the plane and disappear.

Keep in mind this is still a very good catch when he was placed on the list only eleven hours before he was apprehended. After all, a failure of security would have occurred had he made it to Dubai, and he is now in custody.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jolois
Wow.. A little voice in my head said "fail.." but that's not my point...

I can't believe how the govt let this one happen.. I mean come on! Wow.
Just wow...

they let lots of things happen that they should have not

new topics

top topics

join