It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drill Baby Drill! Of course we should keep drilling for oil both on US land and in US waters.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlickOil
reply to post by Chevalerous

Oh bloody hell. You act as if the rest of the world wouldnt use it if they could afford it. They dont avoid using oil products for the good of the world, they avoid it because they cannot afford it or there government limits it. You arent better than us. Just look at the Chinese. They got a little cash and now they are eating it up like candy.

And the Chinese are well on their way to overtaking your nation as a superpower. I guess your leaders will war with China next... Would you like some rads with your extra extra large coke?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Does it not bother you at all that the rest of the world is burning three times as much?

As I said, the United States uses too much oil. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that its a little disingenuous to blame us for the entire problem when we're using about a quarter of the oil produced.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla developed free, world wide, unlimited energy about a century ago. What's ridiculous is that we know this and don't do anything about getting that information from our government. Check out this thread: They Tried To Make The World Forget His Name

Edit: Skip to 5:50 if you must but the whole video is great.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by conspiracy88]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

No he didnt. That is equivalent to an urban legend. Tesla was brilliant when he was younger, but then he just became some kind of mad scientist before his death. I only hope that people attribute as much myth to my legend after I die as they did to Tesla. In another 100 years people will start claiming he was God in the flesh.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Oh bloody hell. You act as if the rest of the world wouldnt use it if they could afford it. They dont avoid using oil products for the good of the world, they avoid it because they cannot afford it or there government limits it. You arent better than us. Just look at the Chinese. They got a little cash and now they are eating it up like candy.

No! I'm only reacting to the fact that your country of measly 300 millions are using A QUARTER of the Earth's oil - while the rest of the 6.5 billions should share the rest of the 75%

It's that really fair you think?

They surely also want air conditions 24/7 and riding big V8 cars and what not?

Or do you seriously think that your consumption of ONE QUARTER of the Earth's combined resources are your GOD-Given Right?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Welll let the get air conditioners and cars and whatever else they want. I dont have a problem with people all over the world becoming successful. However,dont act like they dont consume because they are more worried about the environment or being fair than we are.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

LOL, that is why we are going to drill baby drill. Those chinese will be coming over here begging us for some oil. Plus, they know you cant be King of the Mountain unless you are bad enough to knock the current King off.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SlickOil

How can you possibly know this? None of us we're around back then.

Edit: I'd love for you to prove me wrong if there is a possible way to do that. I don't think there is because you'll only be able to present me with "facts" from information that's always clearly manipulated. I guess you'll just have to believe it's all a myth and I'll have to keep on believing it's the truth. How could you possibly know anyway if the information has been suppressed and in the hands of the government? Still

[edit on 4-5-2010 by conspiracy88]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well here is proof. This guy supposedly invented it 100 years ago but you dont see anything close to it until intel recently created a way to send wireless power. 100 freaking years.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by SlickOil]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
... while the rest of the 6.5 billions should share the rest of the 75%

On the contrary, the rest of the world DOESN'T share the remaining 75%. We may be the worst offender, but I think you'll find that we're not the only ones soaking up more than our fair share.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hahaha!!!! That's your proof?! I'll back away now. I think you just proved me right. It's obvious what energy companies are out for these days. MONEY!!!!!!!! If you can't put a meter on it, it's no good. So obviously you're not gonna see anything such as free energy.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

LOL no you are not going to see free energy.. ever. Even if you could build a device to suck energy out of the Ether it still wouldnt be free. Nothing in this world is free. Just look around you.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Welll let the get air conditioners and cars and whatever else they want. I dont have a problem with people all over the world becoming successful. However,dont act like they dont consume because they are more worried about the environment or being fair than we are.

Are you for real?

Are you really that uneducated?

What would you think would happen if 6,5 billions started to consume the same amount of resources as you Americans? - even if they have the money as the Chinese does?

I hope you understand that this is an impossible scenario.

But isn't it unfair to the other growing economies which have a lot of money, but can not consume same amount of resources as you?

To let other growing economies consume more, you will have to consume less so the total amount will be somewhere down the middle.

Which means that YOU would be doing the downsizing because you use most per capita.

Unless! you invent a more green alternative energy for all those air conditions and cars.

This should be the priorty number one for the U.S IMO - to take the leadership and develop new green alternative energy for all of us in this world.

By doing so, no one would be forced to downsizing or use less air conditions and cars - you could instead produce more of them, and maybe do this in new American high tech factories - giving jobs to Americans?

The world would love you for that!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

See you kinda prove the point behind my OP about quitters. You just say it cant be done and you give up. Who says it cant be done, because we have never been there before. Who is to say we cannot find creative solutions to solve the problems that arise from that. A car in every garage and an air conditioner for each McMansion. That is my motto!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm hoping that the OP is a brilliant satirist of America's excessive lifestyle... but I'm worried that this isn't the case at all.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

We dont have an excessive lifestyle. We just have an American lifestyle. It must not be too bad or the rest of the world wouldnt keep fightng for permission to get in. Hell, we are so darn good that they are sneaking in just hoping some of the good stuff rubs off on them.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by SlickOil]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

A car in every garage and an air conditioner for each McMansion. That is my motto!

No! I think you have problem with your reading-comprehension, because that is NOT what I said.

You want to drill more oil to have all these cars in garages with air conditioners in every McMansion around the world.

I on the other hand are trying to tell you that this oil party is soon over because your equation would be impossible!

All of the world can't consume the same amount of oil as the Americans - if they would do that we wouldn't being able to breathe because of all pollution it would produce.

All those cars, air conditioners and McMansions must be driven on something else than oil.

Otherwise the growing economies as the Chinese and Indians and ourselves - CAN'T have these things.

The equation is really easy!

Downsizing for us in the Western world OR new cleaner energy which ALL OF US in the world can use.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Actually you are the one with the reading comprehension problem. You just cut and pasted quote from my post and then somehow you think I said you said that?

I said a car for every garage and an air conditioner for every McMansion in the world. You got to think big my brother. Dont fear the future.

Who is to say humans cannot develop ways to progress to power whatever we want in a clean fashion. Just because we arent there yet doesnt mean with a little hard work and good ole fashion American ingenuity we cannot get there.

Stop giving up so easy. Do you wnat the world to be limited just because you are afraid and want to give up on the unknown.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I'm Sorry for you my friend, I really am!

I urge you to go back and read my posts, because it's very clear that you haven't understood one iota of what I have been writing.

You CAN'T develop the growing economies to have the same amount of oil consumption as you Americans now are having, period!!

To let the growing economies as China and India to have the same standard as you now are enjoying - YOU CAN'T USE OIL for all the McMansions, air conditions, cars etc, etc, in China, India, Europe and the U.S at the same time!

You'll need cleaner greener alternatives AND completely new energy solutions!

Or downsizing for us in the western world to balance the growth and demand of the growing economies.

Which is actually funny enough exactly what is happening right now! they are forcing us to downsize - they are destroying the middle class in the western world to give room for the growing economies.

Is that so damn hard to understand?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I understand that completely and what I am saying is that as the need arises and there is a market for it, we will develop cleaner ways to use oil and develop other means to produce and store power. Got it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join