It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unamerican people need to leave America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+105 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Either that, or educate yourselves.

What do I find unamerican though? The following statement.

but we do need to be able to prove who is entitled to partake in these said freedoms. (speaking about immigration)

It's evident to me when people say things like this that they don't understand anything about America. No, you don't understand anything about America so don't reply saying you do.

The fundamental principles founded in this country are not laws given to us by the state. They are not deemed "okay" by any single entity. These principles, in ideology (not in practice, sadly) were not attributed to only Americans. They were not only attributed to white males. They were attributed to men and women, blacks and whites, gays and straights, christians and atheists, because all of these labels and categories exist under another label: HUMAN

Our freedoms are not given to us by a piece of paper. They are not allowed to us by the president, congress, or the supreme court. They are not allowed by a religion or a political belief.

I'm going to say this next part slowly, because this is where people seem to stop reading or start having trouble understanding, or simply refuse TO understand.

Our rights aren't "granted", "allowed", "given", "acquired", or any similar terms. They are not LEGAL rights.

The concept of "inalienable rights", of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", is not LEGAL. They are not positive rights. It is NATURAL.

American principles are founded on NATURAL LAW. Natural law, as the name identifies it as, is the law of nature, the law of God.

Natural law is not granted upon anyone, because they are inherent in us.

I am so sick and tired of hypocritical, sycophantic, uneducated pieces of trash who have no idea what they are talking about and yet act as if what they say is self-evident. You want to know what is self-evident? Likely the part where in some old documents people don't care about now that say "We hold these truths to be self-evident." HMMM, I WONDER WHAT TRUTHS THEY WERE SAYING WERE SELF-EVIDENT?

What is so FREAKING PATHETIC ABOUT YOU PEOPLE IS THAT THIS DOESN'T TAKE ADVANCE EDUCATION TO KNOW!

You don't NEED to take a class in ethics to learn about this!

For freakin' sakes, WIKIPEDIA HAS THIS STATED ABOUT NATURAL LAW!

"The essence of Declarationism is that the founding of the United States is based on Natural law."

When you say someone doesn't deserve the rights we have in this country, it is unamerican. When you say that someone needs to be granted our rights, it is unamerican. When you say that someone isn't allowed our rights because they have done something heinous, it is unamerican.

Not only is it unamerican, it ALLOWS those who take OUR rights AWAY from us to CONTINUE doing so because you forget where our rights come from. You forget what it means to be an American. You forget that the rights we have, not as an American but as a human, is not granted to us but is instilled in us from creation, whether you think our creation was random or divine.

For everyone one of you quoting and humping the legs of our founding fathers that has said anything like the quoted bit at the top, you are not an American and you are a hypocrite. For anyone you has said that another is unamerican for whatever reason, yet has said anything like the quoted bit at the top, you are not an American.

Because none of you understand our principles. None of you understand the ideologies that founded this country. All you do is parrot the talk of those who are trying to destroy our liberties we inherently have as HUMANS. And if you think these rights shouldn't be given to others that aren't American, you are a hypocrite. You are not an American. You don't understand what this country stands for, or at the very least once stood for. But unlike you, just because you don't understand these things, I don't believe these rights should be taken from you. THAT is the attitude of a true American.

+14 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wow, i came here to diss on your title, but after reading what you said, i admire it. i thought you were gonna spew some more "im american, f all you foreigners, we're american!" crap but hey you're speaking exactly the same words i been trying to speak to people on ats, unfortunately they dont understand it. unless its written as a bs law, they think we have no rights. unless its on paper signed by the next corrupt crook, to them it means nothing. i say it should be the other way around. if you cant remember basic natural laws and you have to write down sh* then it should be irrelevant. life should be simpler w/ less laws. and everyone should know the law. it should not be 1000000 contradicting laws where you can prove anything you want to prove

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I agree with you on most of what you say. Just a word of warning--this thread will probably get moved to BTS in rants. Then nobody will read it. It's happened to me, so I'm just saying...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

I agree with you on most of what you say. Just a word of warning--this thread will probably get moved to BTS in rants. Then nobody will read it. It's happened to me, so I'm just saying...

This thread deals with a very big issue in our political environment today, mainly people forgetting where our rights come from in the first place.

We live in an age where liberals and conservatives alike are completely unthinking and unknowing when it comes to our liberty.

So I'm not afraid; if it gets moved I'll make it again or ask for it to be moved back. Mostly because this thread is directed at many people who will likely not read this thread or at the very least not reply to it because they know full well that its directed at them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

LOL Yeah. This is sort of the counter-thread to the white race one almost. But since they would disagree with the message (not the title) I could see them ignoring it after a cursory read through.

+2 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Okay, lets just let everybody into the country without any background checks or anything. Or better yet lets call everybody in the world American's and they are entitled to everything that we have. I'm sure we can figure out a way to send welfare checks and food stamps to all the poverty stricken people all over the world.

So I guess basically what you are trying to say is that, illegal immigrants should be allowed the same rights as American citizens? That what this rant screams to me.

+4 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

Are you a Native American? If not, then guess what, your family were immigrants here too. And they expected rights, did they not?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
OP never have words that speak more truth been said on this site, America was built on Immigration people running from something to a new World to escape persecution, yet now people want to and are doing what their ancestors ran from.

However those words mean nothing to many, they have their place and screw anyone looking for a better life, just as their descendants sought a better life, so they could be here today.

I applaud your words, so many threatened with having their lives ripped apart because they cant deal with the few who cause the problems, it's called bugging out of their responsibilities to allow people to be free, they fool nobody but themselves, blaming it on everyone but themselves, or do as I say not as I do.

I agree with everything you have said 100%

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

No, we're speaking of the global problem thats going on and that is our natural laws are bein shat on all over the world. we're talking about less govt intervention, less bs laws, less corruption, we're talking about a system for humans by humans not corporation for govt or vice versa. we're talking about ppl like you w/ ideologies like yours that make this world a living hell. cant you just see the "illegal immigrants" are all human like you they want better life. we're talking about the BIG picture, not a little one painted for you by your government. they did a good job on you though, brainwashed squeaky clean.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night
That what this rant screams to me.

If that is the case, I would suggest doing a lot of things. Think of this as homework.

One would be spending the rest of the day understanding the difference between LEGAL rights and NATURAL rights.

Another would be spending time understanding what NATURAL LAW is. Perhaps reading some Aquinas, Hobbes, and Locke.

Then you should take a look at what people like Jefferson, Madison and other founding fathers debated and wrote about.

There are two other things, you might not have heard of them, so you may want to read up on. They're called the declaration of independence and the constitution.

Once you read all of this, come back here, realize how completely off base your comments are, and perhaps feel a little silly for saying them. Or just continue being a hypocritical unAmerican American.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Try a different argument.

How about actually making an intelligent rational argument other than something that I or nobody alive today had anything to do with.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So we have to dig up old history again? Try this on for size as a reply. Did, the indians in fact have one country, with founding documents? Nope! No civilization is innocent of acquisition of land from others through violent means. And yet some how, America is the only country where we are still villified for our past. It's backwards thinking like this that prevents anyone from moving forward.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Oh please, you don't have any Natural rights if the government enforces it's own laws and takes away those Natural rights.

I completely understand what you are trying say, but the fact is natural law doesn't mean jack if the government refuses to recognize those laws. Take countries like Iran, China, North Korea, etc. You do what they tell you to do. If you don't like it off to a camp or they will kill you or something else just as horrible.

Let me ask you a question are you for gun control?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Light of Night]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

ok, who did the native americans kill? well i guess other native americans? im sure there's at least one civilization that didnt have to kill other to acquire land?
no civilization at alL? thats kinda stretching it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If this gets moved because its a rant, i would like to see about 25 other threads i have seen occupy this site over the last few weeks, that have nothing but spew exactly what this OP is complaining against.

It is nice to have a bit of humanity...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by 2theC]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I share the sentiment... People have no idea how long and hard I fought to come to Canada. I'm an Immigrant, took me 7 years to get here LEGALLY. Then I see people all over who can hardly speak a word of English, let alone French.... And I question: "Why on my application is it said if You can NOT speak EITHER of the 2 languages You will be unsuccessful in application"

My God, today a bus passed me with an advert saying "Learn how to speak English" and had a telephone number to apply! WHAT the hell!? I couldn't apply to immigrate to Canada without that skill, YET they are offering it? To who are they offering it? It's against everything they asked from me!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ponyboyats

we're talking about ppl like you w/ ideologies

I stopped reading right there. You don't know me or my "ideology" that is just something you threw out because somebody is challenging what you are saying about how you see everything is evil and corrupt.

I have an idea, if you want to practice your natural law go to the Northwest and go live in the woods off the grid with no luxuries that modern civilization provides you with.

The world is not, never has, and never will be a Utopia.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh please, you don't have any Natural rights if the government enforces it's own laws and takes away those Natural rights.

I know, this is why that little thing called the American Revolution happened and all of the revolutions like it.

I completely understand what you are trying say, but the fact is natural law doesn't mean jack if the government refuses to recognize those laws. Take countries like Iran, China, North Korea, etc. You do what they tell you to do. If you don't like it off to a camp or they will kill you or something else just as horrible.

Governments don't need to recognize anything. The people who live under the unjust rule of these governments do. If the people are vehemently aware of their situation and have the courage, like America's forefathers, to fight for their rights, they will eventually acquire them.

Let me ask you a question are you for gun control?

Absolutely not. Natural law brings forth personal responsibility. The greatest responsibility given is the responsibility to protect your being.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So are you saying indian tribes didn't attack, kill, and enslave other indian tribes? You can't be serious, they had slavery too......does that make them evil as well? America is the only country today as villified for it's actons of the distant past, and yet no one realizes it's not going to get any better until the past is left where it belongs.....in the past.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The world is not, never has, and never will be a Utopia.

This has nothing to do with the world being a utopia. It's fairly simple in fact, what this has to do with.

America was founded on Natural Law. Our most fundamental beliefs are derived from Natural Law. When people, more often than naught these days of the conservative mindset although certainly not all, preach about America's principles and the constitution and our founding fathers, yet have no understanding of what natural law is and how important it is to America's fundamental beliefs, and often go against natural law in what they say, they are no Americans. They are hypocrites, sycophants and idiots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join