It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No evidence of oil found in 5 dead sea turtles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No evidence of oil found in 5 dead sea turtles

GULFPORT, Miss. -- Necropsies completed on five of the 25 dead sea turtles found along Mississippi beaches in the past few days show no evidence of oil killing the reptiles.

Brian Gorman of the National Marine Fisheries Service in Gulfport, Miss., said Monday that no evidence of oil or contamination has been found. But he says that doesn't mean further analysis won't reveal something.

So... if oil didn't kill these turtles, what did? Amyome got any clues? Why are all these specific types of marine life washing up in cycles.. turtles here ...jelly fish there... where are all the Dolphins? Sharks? Sting Rays? Eels? Fish?

realy odd....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

.....Whats to say they didnt already use a nuke?
(they meaning no one in particular or group)
That would explain the delay from the start and also the "3" leaks
also the turtles with no sign of dying due to oil.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Its not surprising. The doom and gloom media is just getting ahead of themselves. They'll have their death and destruction in that ecosystem, but for now, I'd guess those turtles probably died of perfectly natural causes. As for species representation, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Since people have really only been watching for about a week to ten days, the rate may be perfectly normal.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think they died of natural cause. Dead turtles end up on the shore on a daily basis, but because of this oil leak, people are now paying attention to them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalis
I think they died of natural cause. Dead turtles end up on the shore on a daily basis, but because of this oil leak, people are now paying attention to them.

True.

BUT, if someone gets the stats about other years, but at the same time of the year, maybe there is evidence of a "problem" or a real, non-natural cause...

But for now, nothing special I guess :\

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
GULFPORT, Miss. -- Necropsies completed on five of the 25 dead sea turtles found along Mississippi beaches in the past few days show no evidence of oil killing the reptiles.

so with 20 it did???

[dumbassed on 4-5-2010=-2011 by Dumbass]

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

My interpretation is that they've only completed results on five so far. The other 20 are still pending.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well, I have my doubts about the legitimacy of their results. Sea turtles live to be over 100. I would be eager to hear how old they deem these turtles to be. Why no mention of their stomach contents? Here in Florida, jellyfish, Portugese Man-O-Wars, Sand Dollars, & starfish have been washing up dead. Aren't these all filtering types of sea creatures? Don't sea turtles love to eat jelly fish? I'm just not buying their report. It stinks like dead fish.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalis
I agree normally people wouldnt even bat a eyelid.

new topics

top topics

join