It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Reearch Topics...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I hope this thread isn't improper or against any of the rules here...if so Mods delete...

But, my son has a small (8-10 pages or so) research paper to do in the next month for High School and wanted to do it on the ufo field. He originally wanted to just do a "UFO's are real" type of topic, but I explained to him how broad and nebulous that would be. We've been bouncing around some ideas, ETH, Disclosure, Ancient Aliens, etc, but he still hasn't nailed anything down...I thought focusing on government cover-ups might be cool...

I certainly don't want anyone to do his work, nor am I going to, but I was looking for some more ideas for him to choose from. No I'm not looking for a thesis statement nor even any direct links to info/cases he might use (that's his job to find) I just wanted to throw this out there to see what direction some of you might find interesting for him to research...

thanx....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Have him look into unsloved UFO cases and have him stay away from new-age "alien light being brother ships" type stuff. How old is your son and what class is it for? If he is young they may just be testing his ability to research and write with no reguard to if it is true or not. If it is for english class they may just be testing his ability to write.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Honestly, out of fear of completing a school project that may involve a somewhat nebulous topic (as you pointed out), I would reccomend picking a more concretley grounded subject, perhaps one that includes UFO's but doesn't focus on areas that really have no solid or proven/scientifically accepted answers. Perhaps optical illusions and how they can create UFO type effects, with an addendum on a couple of encounters/sightings that can't be explained as optical illusions or video/graphical editing (hoaxes). I say this because in many cases the establishment doesn't reward students for thinking too far outside the box, and in this case I would assume a good grade is more useful to your son than speaking his mind on a subject. This may or may not be the case, but when it comes to scholastics I prefer to play it safe.

Just a thought.

Anyways, I wish your son the best of luck.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Have him check out this thread.....

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yeah, it's for an English class. Mostly to learn proper format, learn how to use quotes and cite sources probably. He's not worried about doing an unconventional subject. I guess he's like me, I did a research paper on proving the validity of the creation story in the Bible when I was in HS...

He definitely knows to stay away from the GFL, Project Camelot, etc....

I have him looking at some of Dolan's stuff right now...

new topics

top topics

join