It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan River could die by 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.phenomenica.com...

Quote from source:
The once mighty Jordan River, where Christians believe Jesus was baptised, is now little more than a polluted stream that could die next year unless the decay is halted, environmentalists said on Monday.

The famed river "has been reduced to a trickle south of the Sea of Galilee, devastated by overexploitation, pollution and lack of regional management," Friends of the Earth, Middle East (FoEME) said in a report.

More than 98 percent of the river's flow has been diverted by Israel, Syria and Jordan over the years.

"The remaining flow consists primarily of sewage, fish pond water, agricultural run-off and saline water," the environmentalists from Israel, Jordan and the West Bank said in the report to be presented in Amman on Monday.

Wow. Call me ignorant but I had no idea this was happening. This is an important river and for the river flow to be down 98% is a big deal, to me anyways. This might be more propaganda but this sounds like a true catastrophe if there is one.

It is absolutely disgusting how we treat mother nature. There is a reason why it has the 'mother' title and yet we treat it like garbage.

Disgusting.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is a short video I remember from last year when I first heard about this.

Always sad to see a historic part of the world slip away because of the arrogance of people.

S&F.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Thanks for the video buddy!

It is disgusting that these people are dunking themselves in sewage water though. I don't know if I would do it, especially in the name of God.

Pred...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Yeah.. doesn't seem too.. umm.. good.

Maybe sewage helps keep their immune system high.. who knows.

top topics

join