It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headless Statue of Ancient Egyptian King‎ Unearthed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Headless Statue of Ancient Egyptian King‎ Unearthed

news.discovery.com

A headless granite statue of a Ptolemaic king has emerged from the ruins of an ancient Egyptian limestone temple believed be the burial site of Queen Cleopatra and her lover Mark Antony.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There’s nothing like unearthing a statute only to be missing the head! Too bad, but that’s not what this is about. Perhaps it is Cleopatra and Mark Antony’s royal finds, I hope so. It would be nice to see something so unbelievably beautiful as the royal tombs of those two – history’s star-crossed, heartbreaking lovers. I’m sure by now, though, anything of real value, i.e. majestic gold pieces, jewelry, etc. has been mostly robbed by the masses over the years, that’s if they weren’t completely obliterated when they killed themselves.

Dr. Hawass can’t go away too soon, though, IMO.

news.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
wow very interesting! thanks for posting.

i wonder where the head is? and most importantly they said this is leading to the discovery of the tomb of Cleopatra, oh i soo hope that is found!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

I found another news article about it. It's exciting to finally hear something of this caliber being discovered. It’s been a while since a really good find was had. Something like this doesn’t come along very often. But perhaps many more things will begin to be discovered soon. Especially with the earth huffing and puffing – things are bound to sprout up.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nice find

I wonder if this is really important or it's just archeological "junk"!
I do hope tho that it's a major discovery

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

Dr. Hawass can’t go away too soon, though, IMO.

I hear that!

That sniveling puppet, has held back true knowledge of ancient Egypt ever since he was put in position by Stanford Research Institute who put the little oik through university.

Can't stand the git.

As for the statue, whoever he was, he had a fair sized pair of man-boobs on him! A B cup at least! Perhaps this is a her (C) and not a him.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by spikey]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

You said it. I reallywonder how many "major" discoveries there are and no one will ever know. Perhaps Hawass' collaborator Martinez is keeping him true.

Found a pretty cool article about Martinez - check it out. We need these young people to help bring all this stuff to light.

www.associatedcontent.com...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Gutterpus]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yeah I saw those man boobs - that was interesting to say the least. He needs a "man bra."

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I like how they use the word kilt.in the story ,i thought that was scotish,there is
an old story ,legend says a princess moved from Egypt to settle ireland then scotland ,she was named queen of scotia i think,

www.ufodigest.com...

danmahony.com...

maybe scotland got the word kilt from egypt ,im ot saying it right but this is interesting ,man boobs ana, a-men all
and i believe this has to do with rosyln and washington dc and templers and Sinclair also gotland island, also leads to modern day nWo ,which the ptb use egypts knowledge to gain a edge on the rest of us ,egypt is the answer, sorry if im of on conspiracy

[edit on 5/4/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You're right about "Dr." Hawas. He's crippling research rather than helping it in Egypt. How he became the king of all egyptology is a crime. Everything has to go through him, and he holds such a slanted ideology of what's correct and what's BS there, it leaves no room for alternative explanations. Not that I think all of those are correct, either, but there needs to be someone with a more open mind in that post.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Very interesting article.

Given that the entrance to the building was dedicated to Osiris, I'd say the head of the statue was not human.

And Hawass was probably the one who removed it.

[edit on 5/5/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yeah it’s really interesting he has so much weight that he can actually control who can enter restored historic sites and even forbid Jew’s entry into those museums. Isn’t he due to be replaced soon?

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:y8thwgu99Z8J:elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2010/03/zahi-hawass-i-will-not-allow-any-jew-to.html+hawas s+removes+head&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Zahi Hawass, the Jew-hating general secretary of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities and Egypt's top archaeologist, has announced that he will not allow any Jew to pray in the restored Maimonides synagogue in Cairo.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Very interesting article.

Given that the entrance to the building was dedicated to Osiris, I'd say the head of the statue was not human.

And Hawass was probably the one who removed it.

[edit on 5/5/10 by NuclearPaul]

EXACTLY what i was thinking. Seems too easy to unearth something like this only to be missing the head

new topics

top topics

join