It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Bombing A diversion from Oil Spill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

NYC Bombing A diversion from Oil Spill?

www.tampabay.com

"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So I'm thinking with this NYC bomb "attack" : how much I've seen this on the news, considering it wasn't hooked up right, wasn't really explosive, and seemed to take the media AWAY from the oil spill, at least outside of the Gulf Coast. Oh and did anyone hear about Rush saying that the oil would take care of itself and that it was perfectly natural ?

The "carbomb" consisted of 1. Fireworks 2. Propane tanks 3. Fertilizer. None of these items were hooked together in any fashion. Was it a bomb or was it a summer trip to Home Depot?

took them all weekend for them to get him , now they are gonna drag this story out for as long as it takes and if that gets old, we will have another "attack", as long as its not the gulf coast being ruined. I'm sure we'll never here that guys side, he was in CIA hands as soon as they took him to one of those back rooms in the airport. oh and it took him all weekend to decide to leave, i guess no one took it seriously till after the weekend..haha Just Like BP.

Instead of focusing on the environmental disaster in the Gulf ..... instead.....hey look everybody over here at this shiny "bomb"

--this post was a originally from a conversation me and some friends had through facebook

but i'm not the most educated, just observant....What does everyone else think?

www.tampabay.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
its plausible. exactly what i think. great minds think alike huh?
i was just on msm websites checking out the story of the day. some mention the spill in small font, but the bombing, front line sensational bs! every news outlet "BOMB LOOK NYC BOMB" font size = 0.1 "oh btw, there was an oil spill but whatever"

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Given that the cleanup will take at least 90 days in a best-case scenario, I don't see anyone's attention being diverted from the oil spill for very long.

Reports of a bomb in Times Square, given our recent history with NYC and bombings, is naturally going to be big news. Basically we have two big fear-based stories fighting for people's attention: "Are you more afraid of being killed by environmental disasters, or of being killed by foreign terrorists with bombs?"

And I think most people would (or should) know that someone like Rush Limbaugh is not exactly the voice of science, particularly with regard to the environment...

top topics

join