It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when are there 3 oil leaks in the Gulf of Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt from an article about the oil spill in the Gulf. Notice the part I highlighted....

So far only sheens have reached some coastal waters. The oil has lingered in the Gulf for two weeks, despite an uncapped seafloor gusher. The slow movement has given crews and volunteers time to lay boom in front of shorelines, an effort stymied by choppy seas over the weekend.

Rig operator BP PLC continued to try to cap one of the smaller of three leaks, which if successful, could make it easier to install a containment system over the well.

BP's chief executive said a containment dome designed to cover the principal leak will be on the seabed Thursday, and will be hooked up to a drill ship over the weekend.

news.yahoo.com...

Since when have there been 3 leaks?

3?

I thought it was just 1......

[edit on 4-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
1 well but 3 leaks from that well
is what I understand.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

-E-

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What about the report that said another rig went down last week? There was a thread on here about it..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

OK. That was just the first I had seen of it...ty

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadyr80
What about the report that said another rig went down last week? There was a thread on here about it..

That wasn't a stationary rig set out in the ocean... it was a rig that was being logistically moved via truck to a scrap salvage yeard. the rig was trash, being scrapped at a salvage yard on land... nothing there to see...

With regards three leaks... um, one drill platform, three drilling locations?

I'll have to look into that to understand that...

[edit on 4-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

new topics

top topics

join