It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final thought on illegal immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The key issue seems to be securing the U.S. mexico border.
Which many american citizens seem to want and agree with.
Illegal aliens want ammnisty.
So our elected officials will appease both sides.
The real problem with that is once the border is secure is, America will have a cheap labor force that will not be allowed to leave the country and nether will it's citizens.
Funny how easy it is to lead the sheeple, just make them think it's what they want and need, when it's really leading them to their own demise.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You make an interesting (& I think maybe relevant) point. Many more people have hopped onto the expatriation bandwagon (with even more who want to)- esp into Mexico, in the last 10 to 15 years. I have wondered if a part of the reason the mess on the border has been allowed to mushroom is to keep people inside the US. These would be the people who still have a decent income to pay taxes on. As we know, the tax base is dwindling rapidly.
Just musing...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
As more of an aside than an actual comment, there will never be a "final thought" on immigration. It will always be a source of contention.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
they will never stop illegal immigration you know these people are running away from wars and poverty etc if I was in there shoes id probably do the same its just they try to come to countries that are already over populated and that doesnt really work and when they get there they have to commit crime to live recipe for disaster .

[edit on 4-5-2010 by bobski]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think the main problem in this whole 'immigration reform' thing is this;

Our elected officials are elected by us, the legal citizens of These United States. Yet, they attempt to cater to the illegal aliens, and try to make them happy and content with the situation. The problem comes from the fact that these elected officials are really just digging around for new votes. They were not elected by these illegal aliens, and by my understanding and interpretation of the law...the illegal aliens are not represented by these political figures.

So why make the illegals happy, so that those currently in elected power will continue to be in power. It just seems so out of wack I cannot understand it.

If you look at it that way, its all a bunch of Political Hokus Pokus BS.

Fry

top topics

join