It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe has to be Self Aware because we are

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
How can we be something the universe is not?

The universe has to self aware and intelligent because we are self aware and intelligent.

Everything we do and the technology we use is inherent in the universe. Computing to nanotechnology can be found in nature. We just reverse engineer these things and create different technologies.

We Create so the universe must be Creative. Again, how can we be something the universe is not?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think you are correct, but I have a question for you. If you were going to guesstimate what percentage of mankind is truly self-aware, what would be your estimate.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Universe is self aware - because we are self-aware and everything that we are is of and in the universe. We are as much part of the Universe as the Suns and the neutrinos.

This should be apparent. Nothing that you are comprised of isn't part of the Universe.

Is my toenail self-aware? No, but one part of me "creates" that self-awareness and it extends to all of me.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Some have gone on to great lengths as to argue that the Universe is the God in which people spoke. I know it's not really scholarly to bring this up, but an episode of Futurama got me thinking on that. In which god was simply a cluster of stars, or rather a galaxy.

To further add onto this notion of god being a sentient entity of the stars/a galaxy then one could perhaps use the Wheel of Karma. Seeing as things are continuously being done over and over again until it's done "right" and whatever right is depends on whether or not one's soul is reincarnated or returned to the awareness. One's soul could be the energy and awareness that has manifested itself outside of that galaxy and thus were 'broadcast' to Earth.

Now these are just thoughts and a quick theory I ran through, I'm sure it could go both ways of being expanded upon or torn down. I eagerly await to see what ATS can do to it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thats our meaning for being i think. We are just here being used to make sexual energy which is the creative force in the universe.

Thats all i think we are here for, just for that and it does not matter what we do, we are just here making that energy.

Everyone makes sexual energy, does not matter if you are celibate of course, your still doing it.

I just wonder who is using us to make this energy, as i believe there is something over us, so who and why are we doing this for them. Thats the question.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ah, deep thinking, how i love it.

To me, there are many possibilities. To say one is right, is to close off your mind.

Existence itself is mind boggling.
Mainly because we perceive things as linear, when its been proven that's only because of our senses.

Infinite, finite, who knows, the only thing we can do is dive down into a perspective, try it out, and then move to a new one. AKA experience life.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Thats our meaning for being i think. We are just here being used to make sexual energy which is the creative force in the universe.

If it were only about providing sexual energy, then the average animal would be sufficient for this task. So where does intelligence come into play if it's only about sexual energy? I would argue that consciousness and intellect are the creative forces in the universe. Personally, I think it stands seperate from creation by means of reproduction.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The OP's post reminds me of the fractal nature of the universe. Where we are a smaller part of the bigger whole. How can we be anything else? If we were not we would exist outside of this universe.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If self-aware is recognizing yourself in a mirror than most animals are not self-aware. If your theory is correct than wouldnt all creatures be self-aware?

I am not disagreeing with you or trying to debunk, I do think the universe is self aware but not just because we are.

Thanks for the intriguing post : )

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
The OP's post reminds me of the fractal nature of the universe. Where we are a smaller part of the bigger whole. How can we be anything else? If we were not we would exist outside of this universe.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

As above, so below.

Keep thinking OP, you're doing a decent job of it!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is Excellent! I was just thinking of this same thing. We are all learning together and the information is being stored and transmitted to all life in all of the Universes.

We've all been on this one big party line which is the mind, and humans are realizing it all together.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It would be one thing to say mankind is self aware, and another to say your toenail is. However, since the toenail is part of you, one could argue it has a connection to your awareness. However, that awareness is simply your own awareness and not the toenail's. The owner of the awareness is yourself, and not your toenail. The question is ownership.

Because humans are self-aware and live on the earth, the earth can be said to be self-aware. Yet, it is not because the owner of the self-awareness is mankind, not the earth.

Same goes for our system, galaxy, and Universe. How can the Universe be something we are not? Because it is all things that exist physically, and not an actual thing that can be said to be anything beyond that.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah, the universe is possibly self aware. But it's also holographic. So if I die, the little chunk of the universe that I made happen by observing it will also cease to exist. From my perspective, the universe will be destroyed, and all of you along with it.

Sorry for destroying the universe.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa
Some have gone on to great lengths as to argue that the Universe is the God in which people spoke. I know it's not really scholarly to bring this up, but an episode of Futurama got me thinking on that. In which god was simply a cluster of stars, or rather a galaxy.

To further add onto this notion of god being a sentient entity of the stars/a galaxy then one could perhaps use the Wheel of Karma. Seeing as things are continuously being done over and over again until it's done "right" and whatever right is depends on whether or not one's soul is reincarnated or returned to the awareness. One's soul could be the energy and awareness that has manifested itself outside of that galaxy and thus were 'broadcast' to Earth.

Now these are just thoughts and a quick theory I ran through, I'm sure it could go both ways of being expanded upon or torn down. I eagerly await to see what ATS can do to it.

I loved that episode of Futurama, well all episodes I love except the last two movies which sucked.

Anyhow, this is how I explain my beliefs, I don't necessarily believe in a "god" but I believe in the universe. It is odd that this topic came up because I tried to explain this to someone the other day and I couldn't come up with the words. It is a feeling, when I look at the stars, the moon, trees, rocks whatever I feel connected to it all, it is everything and everything is it. Whether it is a conscious entity, that is beyond my understanding, but I do believe that it is something that binds us all and puts us on our path.

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Sorry for destroying the universe.

In that respect, I think you at least owe me a pint or two

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Itachimaru]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
where just someones ants next on a speck of the universe if the universe is self aware its on a totally different level to us .

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regent Leo

Because humans are self-aware and live on the earth, the earth can be said to be self-aware. Yet, it is not because the owner of the self-awareness is mankind, not the earth.

I'm not so sure that the earth is not self aware. I think it is quite possible that our planet may have conscious awareness. It does posses all of the criterea to be classed as a living organism as indeed does the universe. It's born, has a life cycle then dies. Is made up of lots of smaller life forms just as our bodies are made up of lots of single cell organisms living as one whole.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I believe that the Universe is an ORGANISM. but as far as it being sentient - I personally don't believe it is.

With my way of thinking, the Earth is in the same ball-park: an organism but not self aware. Perhaps even whole galaxies are "Alive". Well, they are born, live, die, and are recycled back into the mix...

Mindblowing stuff. S&F for you, OP!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Nice observation

Have you been reading my posts

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

Yeah most futurama episodes in general are really quite entertaining and eye-opening. Most animated shows that are eye-openers to a variety of things seem to always be entertaining

I pretty much feel the same way as well, lately have been debating within' myself as to whether or not their is some being that is watching over us all and answering our heart's desires. More so I get the sense that something isn't on another plane, but just in the vastness of space actually. For the most part I'd put my money on something being out in space more so than in a different..'dimension'? I guess one would classify Heaven as that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
I'm not so sure that the earth is not self aware. I think it is quite possible that our planet may have conscious awareness. It does posses all of the criterea to be classed as a living organism as indeed does the universe. It's born, has a life cycle then dies. Is made up of lots of smaller life forms just as our bodies are made up of lots of single cell organisms living as one whole.

That doesn't change the fact that our own form of existence is in no way proof that the Earth bears the same form of existence, which is what I was getting at.

Organisms do not follow Newtonian physical law. An animal needs no outside force to cause it to alter its movement, it instead uses inside desires to drive itself to alter movement.

The earth never changes direction from internal forces, it has no desires, it does not need to eat or drink, it does not produce waste, it does not entertain itself, communicate, have senses, or anything of the like.

While we have multiple organisms inside us acting as a whole, we depend on other organisms like us to survive; be it plant, animal, or anything else. The earth devours nothing else to survive, and nothing else besides the earth (so far observed) is like it with organisms living on its surface.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just trying to clearly state why I don't think the earth constitutes an organism.

[EDIT: My spelling sucks]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Regent Leo]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join