It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Wall Street regulation overhaul give FTC authority over the Internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why does the Wall Street regulation overhaul give FTC authority over the Internet?

hotair.com

Earlier this week, the Washington Post reported on another little Easter egg in a bill cruising through Congress that would normally have followed Nancy Pelosi’s policy of discovery ex post facto. Democrats have pushed hard to get the financial-regulation reform bill unstuck in the Senate, mainly playing on class-warfare themes in painting the GOP as the party of eeeeeeevil Wall Street robber barons. However, the House version of the bill contains provisions that would put the Federal Trade Commission in position to start issuing rules on Internet transactions that would not only slow down ......
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The Federal Trade Commission could become a more powerful watchdog for Internet users under a little-known provision in financial overhaul legislation that would expand the agency’s ability to create rules.
An emboldened FTC would stand in stark contrast to a besieged Federal Communications Commission, whose ability to oversee broadband providers has been cast into doubt after a federal court ruled last month that the agency lacked the ability to punish Comcast for violating open-Internet guidelines. [ex]

So now the Democrats want to control the future of all communications.

"OPEN INTERNET"

What is Open Internet?

Open Internet stands for:

•Internet should be and remain a platform where everybody can make their voice heard.
•Innovation and creativity are foundations of the Internet. New ideas should be supported, not opposed.
•Intellectual rights should be in symbiosis with the Internet, not in conflict.
•Measures against crime on the net should be in proportion to the damage it causes, just as in real life.
•The personal integrity must be safeguarded.
-www.openinternet.se

I would point to bullet number #1, "Internt should be and remain a platform where everybody can make their voice heard."

So another bill disguised for the blatant power grab of another government entity. This power grab being pushed under the radar tucked deep into the "Wall Street Reform" bill.

Republicans are standing against it, but the democrats are again trying to villify their stance by stating the other party stands in the way of reform.

Do you call this reform? Remember how they snuck in education loan reform under the HCR bahemouth bill? That education reform bill elliminated 2,500 jobs here alone in Pennsylvania. That education reform bill now allows this administration to offer loans to students who support their ideology and give loans to students who will be considering going to instituitions who support this administrations ideology.

The Constitution of the USA is being shredded at every turn, every bill that goes unread by our congress who fail to show the public for what the bill actually is.

This is far by the most corrupt administration, majority congress that America has ever seen......TIME TO WAKE UP PEOPLE.

hotair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It doesn't but Congress knows that it has it's Weapons of Mass Distraction in full effect. They are putting in all sorts of items in there along with this are just ridiculous like the regulation of vitamins and natural supplements. I think one of the reasons why they are doing is this is that the current administration has issues with Whole Foods and I think with their Death Care Bill they would much prefer that you suck off the nipples of the pharmaceutical legal drug dealers than actually be healthy. It has also become painfully plain that both sides are not interested in you making your own decisions and would like to be your ever watchful and "loving" parent.

Also, exactly why are they going to spy on people's checking accounts with this non-sense as well? So, Goldman Sachs put their man in office (rObama) and suckers the public into paying for this criminal activity and now we will be treated like criminals with their ever watchful eye of Sauron on us because they created this mess. Whatever. This is when I tell every Democrat and Republican to do me a favor and screw off. We're done. I'm done. Done with the ridiculous politics of this country. It's time to just go straight up cash and tell them later.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
my personal opinion is congress, senate and even obama-bush need to just go home, no more legislation, no more behind closed door deals! Go home and stay home as you have messed this country up! it would take a century to undue the crap and devestation of bills that they have introduced as of late! to put it short and too the point. there is legislation already enacted for everything and i mean everything, all our federal govt has to do is get off their arse and implement it!
Sheesh stop the insanity already

new topics

top topics

join