It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US School for Disabled Forces Students to Wear Packs That Deliver Massive Electric Shocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Source:US school for disabled forces students to wear packs that deliver massive electric shocks

Well just another example of how "f-ed" up some things are. A school in Massachusetts has come under fire for torture defined by their use of electric shock and long-term restraints as a form of behavior modification for disabled individuals.

after an in-depth investigation revealed use of restraint boards, isolation, food deprivation and electric shocks in efforts to control the behaviors of its disabled and emotionally troubled students... Children at the Judge Rotenberg Center are often shackled, restrained and secluded for months at a time, the report says. Social isolation, and food deprivation as forms of punishment are common. Mock and threatened stabbings -- to forcibly elicit unacceptable behaviors resulting in electric shock punishments (Labeled as Behavioral Research Lessons or BRLs, by the center) were reported to MDRI as well as state regulatory bodies.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Vicious Jones]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
this is disgusting if this were animals there would be a total outcry but they are letting it happen to people who are more vanrable than us the people that are doing this mut be breaking te laww

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The disabilities group notes that stun guns typically deliver three to four milliamps per shock. GEI packs, meanwhile, shock students with 45 milliamps -- more than ten times the amperage of a typical stun gun.

A former employee of the center told an investigator, "When you start working there, they show you this video which says the shock is 'like a bee sting' and that it does not really hurt the kids. One kid, you could smell the flesh burning, he had so many shocks. These kids are under constant fear, 24/7. They sleep with them on, eat with them on. It made me sick and I could not sleep. I prayed to God someone would help these kids."

If that is not breaking the law, or does not qualify as torture, I don't know what does.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
youd think it wouldnt even register to a faculty member to shock the mentally handicapped into submission.... my my the world we live in.

new topics

top topics

join