It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poisonous gas attack sickens Afghan School Girls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Poisonous gas attack sickens Afghan School Girls

english.aljazeera.net

At least 13 girls have fallen ill after a suspected poisonous gas attack at a school in northern Afghanistan.

The government has accused fighters opposed to female education of being behind the attack.

Sunday's incident - the third in Kunduz province - brings to 80 the number of school girls reporting symptoms such as headaches, vomiting and shivering after suspected poisoning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.reuters.com
www.independent.co.uk

[edit on 5/4/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow, this has gotten so out of hand, or is this a False Flag to continue the facade? It seems the Taliban are being accused in one article, and condemning it in another.

I am not sure what to believe anymore from the stories coming from Afghanistan or anything in the News for that matter. It seems so scripted anymore.

Either way, school children, really?

The CNN link has a video about the story.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Found this story from India that backs-up the claim that some are suspecting the Taliban.

Taliban using poison gas on Afghan schoolgirls?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anyone care to take a guess at who would be capable of such an attack. I have not had time to research the type of poison used as of yet, but I think this may lead to some evidence of who the culprit may be.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

More Afghan schoolgirls ill in suspected gas attack

(Reuters) - Twenty-two Kabul schoolgirls and three teachers fell suddenly ill and were hospitalized on Tuesday in what Afghan authorities described as the fourth suspected poison gas attack on a girls' school in weeks.

The incident was the first in the comparatively secure capital after three suspected poison attacks on girls' schools in the northern city of Kunduz over the past few weeks, and several at provincial schools last year.

Authorities have failed to identify the substance they say caused girls and teachers to fall unconscious, but say it could be a poison gas released by opponents of girls' education.

Fourth attack? This story is on all sorts of News sites. I am truly surprised this has yet to get any responses on ATS. Interesting.

Seemingly, and conveniently if I may say, the Taliban is condemning the attacks. So again I ask, who's doing it? There was an article published a little over a year ago by Telegraph.co.uk, here's an excerpt:

More than 80 girls hospitalized by 'poison gas attack'

It was unclear if the incident was a deliberate attack on the school, though the Taliban and other extremist groups in Afghanistan who oppose girls' education have been known to target schoolgirls. Under the Taliban's regime, girls were not allowed to attend school.

I also found this video:

So once again I'll bump this with additional information. Let's see what say you...or not.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Well it looks like it could be fighters opposed to female education, but I am sure we can find a way to blame America if we try hard enough.

[edit on 063131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is why I support this war over Iraq. It the war was justified over nothing more than letting girls get educated, I would support it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's where I was going with this, perhaps a reverse false flag created by the Taliban to try and make the US appear to have barbaric war tactics. Being that they're condemning it, the theory holds a little bit of water.

new topics

top topics

join